more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I’m not Parker out yet...

Started by Classic94, October 19, 2019, 05:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classic94

BUT. I'm far from convinced.

This is a squad jammed with proven quality at Championship level. Most, if not all, second tier outfits would bite our hand off for the likes of Cairney, Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Arter, Mitrovic, Bryan, Reid - I could go on. We're blessed with an abundance of attacking flair and depth in nearly all key positions. Our owners, to this end, delivered Parker with all the tools needed to mount a serious push for automatic promotion. Yet, we currently sit in no-mans land having mustered just two wins from our last eight outings. Indeed, we've lost only one game in this time but worrying trends have developed...

Our 'possession at all costs' mentality is frustrating to say the least. What use is ball retention without a sprinkling of incisive attacking play? We insist on playing from side to side, back to front, whilst rarely threatening the opposition goal. I would vouch that the football spends more time at the feet of Ream and Mawson, than the rest of the team combined. This is highly predictable; making it easier for opposition teams to re-organise and maintain a cohesive defensive shape. Aside from the odd 'blitz' against Millwall, Reading and (arguably) Charlton, this has been a consistent feature of our play. Infuriating and ineffective. We must surely look to utilise our key creative outlets. Incidentally, Mitrovic looks isolated, our touchline-hugging wingers lost, and weirdly inverted full-backs scared to attack. My point? Until now, we've scored goals IN SPITE of Parker. Wonderstrikes from Cairney, Knockaert and Cavaleiro have papered over stark tactical limitations. Worryingly, I see no signs of these trends changing either through lack of desire or coaching nous.

Of course, it's early days which, in my mind, buys Parker some time. Being new to the management game also cuts him a little extra slack. That said, he needs to learn. Fast.

One Martin Thomas

I'm not Parker out yet either but I feel the board will soon start asking questions....

@jolslover

Our team is the best in the league - if we are not top 6 by end of Nov I would get rid -- But for now happy to give him time - he is learning and some performances have been great (Reading,Millwall)
STH H3

Skatzoffc

We just need to move the ball quicker. It's so slow the opposition can set themselves every time.
The opposition only get tired in the last 20mins after all of our possession. But if we have a defensive lapse or gift a goal from a corner we have doubled our workload.

Get the ball to Cairney/Reed, make the runs and play the ball thro early.

We need to start making it count and to do that we need to be scoring 1st to open up the game.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

FFC1987

Contrary to people putting words in my mouth, I don't think we should get rid yet. Lose to Luton and he's got to go really. He can still build and move forward but lets not pretend hes winning support with the results. Even the most optimistic should struggle to give him a good grade thus far.

Spirit of 2000

If we lose to Luton he 100% should go

The Rational Fan

Parker has got three more games to the next international break, if losses all three games (we will be around 16th) or wins all three games (we will be around 4th) then his future at the club will be clear.

The Swan

I agree win three and we will be fine, lose any of these three and we should be looking for a new manager.
The Swan

Milo

I was intrigued by your very good point about scoring despite Parker ie from wonder strikes. Interesting!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Classic94 on October 19, 2019, 05:55:57 PM
Wonderstrikes from Cairney, Knockaert and Cavaleiro have papered over stark tactical limitations.

Couldn't agree more, most goals involving teamwork seem to be scored by Mitovoic, that means stop Mitro and we only have Wonderstrikes.