StefJo

Started by H4usuallysitting, October 20, 2019, 07:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 21, 2019, 07:01:32 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 21, 2019, 05:56:53 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 21, 2019, 05:33:50 PM
Just found out.... he's out for around 4 weeks
Where did you see that? Said Saturday SP had a fully fit squad to pick from? Will be a big miss and looks like Arter out for a while too after the Stoke game.

Don't want to say exactly, but I picked someone up earlier who's very close to the team

Hilda?
She likes to gossip.

Woolly Mammoth

Where did you see that? Said Saturday SP had a fully fit squad to pick from? Will be a big miss and looks like Arter out for a while too after the Stoke game.

Don't want to say exactly, but I picked someone up earlier who's very close to the team

What was Scott Parker doing in your taxi ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 23, 2019, 05:21:38 AM

What was Scott Parker doing in your taxi ?

He said the information from "someone close to the team" so it's "Marcelo Bielsa spy" in his taxi. No one knows better whose fit for the next game.

Spirit of 2000

If true a big blow. Stef Jo a very under-rated member of the midfield - vital to its balance, you can get away with losing Arter or Reed as long as one is fit you're fine. Nobody else truly does the box to box stuff Johansen is good at and we struggle when he's absent.

Fulham 442

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 23, 2019, 12:55:46 AM
Quote from: love4ffc
link=topic=73105.msg1092185#msg1092185 date=1571786066

Just listened to Parker's Luton preview interview and the only person not available is Harry with some type of knock.  If true that is good as Stef would be available for the Luton match.

I think Stefjo could use more of a rest, we are going to need him against Middlesbrough, Hull and after the next international break when we play six games (QPR 4th, Derby 15th, Swansea 7th, Bristol 9th, Preston 5th and Brentford 12th) over a 22 day period, especially if Arter is out.

He's had a rest we need him back for today's game. It's no good saving him for later we need to start getting some points on the board. Yes we had six games unbeaten prior to Stoke but too many of them were draws.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on October 23, 2019, 09:20:55 AM
If true a big blow. Stef Jo a very under-rated member of the midfield - vital to its balance, you can get away with losing Arter or Reed as long as one is fit you're fine. Nobody else truly does the box to box stuff Johansen is good at and we struggle when he's absent.

Agree about Stefjo's value.   Since we don't have a true #6 with pace it's nice having two box to box players Stefjo and Arter, that can cover a lot of ground.

ByTheRiver

If this is true and SJ is out (as well as Arter), tonight is surely the night for Onamah? Supposedly weaker opposition, someone who gets forward a bit more and contributes in attack. Personally, I thought he did well when he came on against Stoke. Was one moment where be powered through about three players. Reed, Cairney and Onamah to start for me tonight (if SJ and Arter ARE out, otherwise please disregard this whole post).

ALG01

Quote from: ByTheRiver on October 23, 2019, 04:12:52 PM
If this is true and SJ is out (as well as Arter), tonight is surely the night for Onamah? Supposedly weaker opposition, someone who gets forward a bit more and contributes in attack. Personally, I thought he did well when he came on against Stoke. Was one moment where be powered through about three players. Reed, Cairney and Onamah to start for me tonight (if SJ and Arter ARE out, otherwise please disregard this whole post).

SJ wiould be a big miss tonight. I do not agree onomah is a player to start, he hasn't impressed yet and looks like a classic fancy dan youngster that needs to understand that this is a big step and he needs to impose himself properly.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: ALG01 on October 23, 2019, 04:31:27 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on October 23, 2019, 04:12:52 PM

SJ wiould be a big miss tonight. I do not agree onomah is a player to start, he hasn't impressed yet and looks like a classic fancy dan youngster that needs to understand that this is a big step and he needs to impose himself properly.

Whilst I don't think he is (or will ever be) a world beater, I don't see him as a fancy dan youngster. Has a lot of experience at this level playing several full seasons out on loan (did very well at Villa) and, as I say, looked good when he come on at Stoke (not sure if that carried over to highlights or whatever) but he showed good strength on the ball (a bit lacking in the middle) and pace too (definitely lacking in the middle).

For a team that is struggling to create chances, playing at home to a team likely to sit back and use aggressive tactics, he could be exactly what we need.

ByTheRiver

And, actually, if all the above turns out to be true (and KMAC is out as well), we might not have any choice! Cisse hasn't played since good knows when and won't be match fit (would be inclined to play him if this was Leeds or West Brom) and (as much as I rate him) I don't think this is the time to drop in O'Riley. Not with this much pressure on the game.