https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker out

Started by absenteeism, October 19, 2019, 05:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 22, 2019, 11:32:51 AM
Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2019, 08:47:09 AM
I posted on the stats thread he has had the best start in 19 seasons at 12 games.

We might be below where we all think we should be, but its not exactly relegation fodder form is it?

Review after Birmingham has to be the stance, no rush to judgement. And thats from someone who is no fan of him.

It's not relegation fodder, but its certainly below par when you look at position and fixtures played. I know people like yourself might think people are jumping the gun here but for context, Ipswich are top of league one, look very good, lost first game of season to accrington stanley in a pretty poor performance. Checked facebook and their are actually calls to sack Lambert. They're top and were unbeaten this season. Then look at what happened with WestBrom who were 4th and sacked the manager, that was jumping the gun but on paper, Parker sitting 10th with our squad isn't that unreasonable..... Now thats jumping the gun, but being fairly critical of our start is fair enough in my opinion. The start deserve some scrutiny as we're not where we should be but alas, time is, as you say on our side so making a judgement in a few games time seems more prudent.

Dislcaimer, I think he should get time but can understand if he does get the sack, particularly if we lose/draw to Luton.
Personally i'm fairly non plussed about Parker. If he left today I wouldnt be up in arms and if he stays i'm happy to see where we are after Birmingham game.

I know we are behind where we should be and have said so elsewhere. I'm not one who said we should run away with the league but I do expect playoffs at the very least given that attacking group of players, even if the coach is wet behind the ears.

Parker has made mistakes and his lineup was wrong for a number of reasons last weekend, he needs to get it right and get a result on Wednesday to settle the nerves and comments.
Just the views of a long term fan

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2019, 01:30:38 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 22, 2019, 11:32:51 AM
Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2019, 08:47:09 AM
I posted on the stats thread he has had the best start in 19 seasons at 12 games.

We might be below where we all think we should be, but its not exactly relegation fodder form is it?

Review after Birmingham has to be the stance, no rush to judgement. And thats from someone who is no fan of him.

It's not relegation fodder, but its certainly below par when you look at position and fixtures played. I know people like yourself might think people are jumping the gun here but for context, Ipswich are top of league one, look very good, lost first game of season to accrington stanley in a pretty poor performance. Checked facebook and their are actually calls to sack Lambert. They're top and were unbeaten this season. Then look at what happened with WestBrom who were 4th and sacked the manager, that was jumping the gun but on paper, Parker sitting 10th with our squad isn't that unreasonable..... Now thats jumping the gun, but being fairly critical of our start is fair enough in my opinion. The start deserve some scrutiny as we're not where we should be but alas, time is, as you say on our side so making a judgement in a few games time seems more prudent.

Dislcaimer, I think he should get time but can understand if he does get the sack, particularly if we lose/draw to Luton.
Personally i'm fairly non plussed about Parker. If he left today I wouldnt be up in arms and if he stays i'm happy to see where we are after Birmingham game.

I know we are behind where we should be and have said so elsewhere. I'm not one who said we should run away with the league but I do expect playoffs at the very least given that attacking group of players, even if the coach is wet behind the ears.

Parker has made mistakes and his lineup was wrong for a number of reasons last weekend, he needs to get it right and get a result on Wednesday to settle the nerves and comments.

Yeh, I can't disagree with that. I guess I'm the glass half empty approach to the same argument ie very frustrated and more critical but still unfussed if he stays or leaves.

Dixie

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 19, 2019, 06:00:14 PM
I think this post is more embarrasing, but it is of course subjective.
+1,000
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Statto

I agree his tactical errors are getting a bit tiresome now. The inverted wingers system just isn't working and I've no idea what he's trying to do with the full-backs. Presumably something he read in a book about Guardiola, but it ain't working. Just get both wingers and both full backs down the line FFS.

My biggest concern is, is he inherently intelligent enough for this business? I said when Symons took over, you could tell he never had the nous to be a manager. Same for Mulensteen. I thought Parker might be a little bit sharper but his persistence with certain tactics and vacuous post-match interviews (except Cardiff) are concerning. Bowyer after the Charlton game was so much more insightful and articulate, and he's no Albert Einstein.

Riversider

Let's look at Parker from a different angle ,
Can anybody name one single new signing that has improved under Parker or has even shown signs of improving ?
Personally I can't think of one, unless I'm mistaken they were all playing better last season .

FFC1987

I think Cairney looks a lot better to be honest. Started scoring goals again and gets on ball more....that might just be the drop down in standard opposition in championship though.

colinwhite

Cairney ,Ream, Bryan ,Mawson ,Johansen all players better this season than last,IMo

Statto

Quote from: colinwhite on October 22, 2019, 05:41:40 PM
Cairney ,Ream, Bryan ,Mawson ,Johansen all players better this season than last,IMo
Agree
All those that were here last year are performing better this year
Of the newbies, at least Sessegnon, Reed, Arter are also performing to the best of their ability IMO

Worcesterwhite

If anything I think Parker has too many options up top and therefore is tinkering with formations trying to fit players in Example Bobby Reid, however this meant to keep knock and cav in the team play them as wing backs nobody could argue that was a good idea, and playing possibly the best attacking left back in the league as a third center back??? For me showing his lack of experience in team management

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 19, 2019, 06:00:14 PM
I think this post is more embarrasing, but it is of course subjective.
Agreed.

Knee jerk reactions are becoming the norm in football.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on October 19, 2019, 06:48:34 PM
Top players for this level like Mitrovic, Cairney,  Cavaleiro,  Knockaert,  Arter, Bobby Reed etc come at premium wages. Parker isnt utilising a group of players who are generally superior to the average player in the championship
Manchester City lost to Norwich, Arsenal lost to Shef Wednesday and United just drew with a reportedly much better Liverpool.

It's not about high payroll...or City, Arsenal and Liverpool s managers sucking. It's football and losses are going to happen.

I agree that based on STATS for the players we have...the potential for each of them individually to play well is there...but lets not overhype their individual ability or overlook how they play as a unit with each other.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

ScalleysDad

I hate to belittle this topic but West Brom are getting beaten at home by the bottom club and pace setters, of sorts, Swansea are also getting beaten at home by hot and cold Brentford. I wonder if their forums will have a sack the manage thread later on tonight?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 22, 2019, 08:31:31 PM
I hate to belittle this topic but West Brom are getting beaten at home by the bottom club and pace setters, of sorts, Swansea are also getting beaten at home by hot and cold Brentford. I wonder if their forums will have a sack the manage thread later on tonight?
Beat me to it.
That said...we have no excuse not to take Luton extra seriously tomorrow. A loss and I'll be right pissed at the entire squad.. including Scott.
Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

HV71

I'm certainly not anti Parker - I want him to do well and I do believe he is trying hard to formulate an effective style of play  . In my mind the mistake was not to do a ur leg and stick with an extremely effective and entertaining manager in Slav and appointing Ranieri
. T K has hopefully learned from his mistakes and we have to allow  SPto learn from his . This is no time to change - even if we are notwithstanding races by Christmas. Slag has sadly gone but we must give SP time

HV71

Ur leg' was meant to be Burnley.their decision not to sAck the MMA aged was both bra sand inspired
. They had the bottle - we didn't

HV71

What the F is going on  !!!!!  Burnley's decision was both brave and inspired

ScalleysDad

Quote from: HV71 on October 22, 2019, 09:02:41 PM

Leave it there now otherwise you might mis spell something controversial and get into trouble.

HV71

You are so right .....

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Statto on October 22, 2019, 04:55:16 PM
I agree his tactical errors are getting a bit tiresome now. The inverted wingers system just isn't working and I've no idea what he's trying to do with the full-backs. Presumably something he read in a book about Guardiola, but it ain't working. Just get both wingers and both full backs down the line FFS.

My biggest concern is, is he inherently intelligent enough for this business? I said when Symons took over, you could tell he never had the nous to be a manager. Same for Mulensteen. I thought Parker might be a little bit sharper but his persistence with certain tactics and vacuous post-match interviews (except Cardiff) are concerning. Bowyer after the Charlton game was so much more insightful and articulate, and he's no Albert Einstein.

Totally agree on all counts

MJG

Quote from: HV71 on October 22, 2019, 09:02:41 PM
If you look at Burnley in the season they went down and kept their manager they only lost in a row at most four games.... And that was close to end of season and once before three in a row. Slav lost six.

Burnley also had a plan based on not going bust again. So the club and fans on that initial promotion didn't break the bank and while wanting to stay up it wasn't the be all and end all. The most important but for Burnley was Bank money, have a base and push on.... Which is what they did.

I don't think comparing us... Or almost any team to Burnley is fair because every club has its own unique situations. Who knows maybe if they had lost five in a row early on they would have sacked him, but he tended to get a result  every third game or so to keep everyone happy.
If Slav had beaten Huddersfield there is a good chance he would still be here.
Just the views of a long term fan