watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker out

Started by absenteeism, October 19, 2019, 05:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

We do have the best squad and with Slav managing us we would be top. Let's hope Parker can do it. Beat Luton and Borough and we are right up there

Statto

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on October 19, 2019, 07:01:49 PM
If Parker doesn't have us top 6 he is massively underachieving. Cairney,  Mitrovic,  Cavaleiro and Knockaert would walk into any other side in this league and we have another handful of players who would walk into most.

Entirely agree

Actually IMO anything below top 2 is underachieving. We have the best team. We were second favourites for promotion and the only reason we weren't first is Leeds had a more settled squad and highly-rated manager. I'd say 8-9 out of our first XI would walk into any other team - only exceptions are Ream (playing like he did today) Betts and Sessegnon

Nonetheless I don't think we should sack the manager. Hughton would leave us in another Ranieri situation - coming in mid-season to a squad totally unsuited to the way he likes to play

If we don't go up, sack Parker in April/May (and start grovelling to Jokanovic)

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Statto on October 19, 2019, 10:48:45 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on October 19, 2019, 07:01:49 PM
If Parker doesn't have us top 6 he is massively underachieving. Cairney,  Mitrovic,  Cavaleiro and Knockaert would walk into any other side in this league and we have another handful of players who would walk into most.

Entirely agree

Actually IMO anything below top 2 is underachieving. We have the best team. We were second favourites for promotion and the only reason we weren't first is Leeds had a more settled squad and highly-rated manager. I'd say 8-9 out of our first XI would walk into any other team - only exceptions are Ream (playing like he did today) Betts and Sessegnon

Nonetheless I don't think we should sack the manager. Hughton would leave us in another Ranieri situation - coming in mid-season to a squad totally unsuited to the way he likes to play

If we don't go up, sack Parker in April/May (and start grovelling to Jokanovic)

We are on the same wavelength and agree Slav would batter this division with the squad we have. However Parkers tenure actually becomes untenable if for instance we lose to Luton or are lets say outside the top 6 and 10 points or more off 2nd come December. Still think Parkers job is and will be kept or lost in relation to our success on the pitch ... and the pressure is currently on.

YankeeJim

People seem to forget that Slav put together a great run to end the season.  The rest of the time the team underachieved. He had his time and the beginning of our season in the Prem showed that Slav wasn't all that versatile. We couldn't defend and he didn't really seem to be interested in assisting or reorganizing the defense,
Our current team, while a very good Championship side, lacks pace, especially at the back. The two wingers while quick, don't seem to have that final burst to blow by a defender. Mitro's game isn't quickness and should be used at what he does best, "posting up" a defender and than scoring.
From a management perspective, I don't get Parker's love of this building from the back. It is too easily defended and if we lose the ball, a scramble ensues. He's smart enough to adjust and I think today he outsmarted himself. I'm sure the plan was to attack in mass and overwhelm the defenders. Didn't work and he didn't adjust. This team doesn't play all that well in the air and we lack size/muscle in too many instances.
I like Parker and feel that he will only get better as a manager. I do not want the team tossed into upheaval with a managerial change.
Parker, if your reading this, drop the mandatory play from the back, ESPECIALLY when player three at the back (two with the speed of a dead snail). Play from the back when the other teams allows it. If they are pressing deep, go longer. just over the heads of those pressing.
BTW, Betts could use a rest.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

colinwhite

OP post . oh god what are you going on about ? Hughton ?  Thank god you arent running the club!!

YankeeJim

Quote from: colinwhite on October 20, 2019, 12:13:28 AM
OP post . oh god what are you going on about ? Hughton ?  Thank god you arent running the club!!

???
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

Why is it every time Fulham lose a game, somebody wants the manager sacked.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeCdawg

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 19, 2019, 06:00:14 PM
I think this post is more embarrasing, but it is of course subjective.

Here here.

RaySmith

Slava also had periods in the Championship when the team didn't do well, and people on here called for him to be sacked.
In fact, not long before we went on that brilliant run which clinched a play-off place.

Parker has done ok i think, and definitely too early to talk of sacking him.

We again had a poor first half, and conceded a sloppy goal, which needs to be remedied, and  the three at the back  made us vulnerable, but we were the much better team in the  second and were unlucky not to score, but were again beaten by a long ball after leaving the back door open going for the  goal to get back in it.

FFC1987

I'm not surprised people want Parker out. He's not cutting it. The table doesn't lie. To suggest it's embarrassing is bizarre to me. I have far more inclination to sacking Parker than suggesting he's doing a good job and I'm still in the keep side. He's done more to warrant a warning at the least than any praise and I really don't think people are thinking about any sort of long term repercussions here. End of season and we don't go up and we could be in all sorts of trouble and unfortunately, I can't help but think signing on an inexperienced manager with the job of top 2 was a baptism of fire for any young manager. So I don't really blame Parker all things considered.

Hatch007

I would have used much stronger words but agree with you 100%

Facts Not Fiction

I'm not Parker out, I actually want him to do well because of the brand of football he's trying to deploy.

However results have not been good enough. We've struggled against most top half sides, and a couple of hammerings do gloss over the start to our season.

FFC1987

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 20, 2019, 08:44:57 AM
I'm not Parker out, I actually want him to do well because of the brand of football he's trying to deploy.

However results have not been good enough. We've struggled against most top half sides, and a couple of hammerings do gloss over the start to our season.

This for me. Like the man, like the way he conducts himself, like the style, albeit with more goals and chances created, just think the results are poor. Young English manager doing well at my club. The idea that people 'want' him to not do well is absurd to me but hey. Lose to Luton and his time is up I think.

toshes mate

Before we get into criticising individuals I feel it is worth noting that mistakes are being made both on and off the pitch and that is not uncommon in a failing team.  On the one hand I feel the coaching team is being naïve.  The coaching changes being tried are too hackneyed for their own good and are based upon incorrect perception of where things are breaking down.  That also happened in the Jokanovic era but there may have been a subtle difference.  Jokanovic knew where the problem was but couldn't get the players to readily subscribe to the repair.  Parker doesn't know where the problem really is but is getting his players to readily subscribe to the repair that is actually making things worse.  The problem is the fifteen years or so gap of experience at management, and we must be patient in allowing Parker to solve things in his own way.

My criticism of Parker yesterday would be wrong team and wrong attitude, compounding a problem that goes back several games now, taking him further away from resolution.  He needs to take a good few steps back to the Cardiff game if he wants answers, IMO.   

St Eve

The "special one" is waiting in the wings.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: St Eve on October 21, 2019, 11:45:41 PM
The "special one" is waiting in the wings.
Who?..Big Sam.😜

snarks

Quote from: Hatch007 on October 20, 2019, 07:21:30 AM

I would have used much stronger words but agree with you 100%

I did, and quite rightly my post was deleted

MJG

I posted on the stats thread he has had the best start in 19 seasons at 12 games.

We might be below where we all think we should be, but its not exactly relegation fodder form is it?

Review after Birmingham has to be the stance, no rush to judgement. And thats from someone who is no fan of him.

Just the views of a long term fan

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on October 22, 2019, 08:47:09 AM
I posted on the stats thread he has had the best start in 19 seasons at 12 games.

We might be below where we all think we should be, but its not exactly relegation fodder form is it?

Review after Birmingham has to be the stance, no rush to judgement. And thats from someone who is no fan of him.

It's not relegation fodder, but its certainly below par when you look at position and fixtures played. I know people like yourself might think people are jumping the gun here but for context, Ipswich are top of league one, look very good, lost first game of season to accrington stanley in a pretty poor performance. Checked facebook and their are actually calls to sack Lambert. They're top and were unbeaten this season. Then look at what happened with WestBrom who were 4th and sacked the manager, that was jumping the gun but on paper, Parker sitting 10th with our squad isn't that unreasonable..... Now thats jumping the gun, but being fairly critical of our start is fair enough in my opinion. The start deserve some scrutiny as we're not where we should be but alas, time is, as you say on our side so making a judgement in a few games time seems more prudent.

Dislcaimer, I think he should get time but can understand if he does get the sack, particularly if we lose/draw to Luton.

The Rational Fan

I think we can conclude the "executive management team" doesn't know how to select the "head coach". I have zero confidence that if we sack the hopelessly inexperienced Parker that we will get a better manager. I don't want to see us with hopeless inexperienced manager new to the club. We could get a worse manager than Parker and probably will.