watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker out

Started by absenteeism, October 19, 2019, 05:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

I thought we'd finish the season about eighth. So far that looks about right.

[/quote]

Actually, I was very disappointed in the relegation.  I had initially hoped for a mid table finish, but feared yet another relegation to League One.  That was BEFORE Mitro and Tom were confirmed to be back in the club, and the acquisitions of Knock, Cav and Reid.  At that point, expectations shot up very high, and even the bet line had FFC top two starting the season.  And that was in spite of still a questionable back line defense which was not upgraded during the off season.  This is a good team, with good players.

If FFC cannot get itself promoted this year, I see a disaster in the waiting.  Many of the better players will want out, and next season will be a challenge just to stay up.   All this possession and so very few shots with it is a glaring problem.  We get some help in Jan (Hector) with our defense.  Our goalkeeping is still very average, if not weak.  But if we could just score more goals that will overcome the defense.

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 20, 2019, 12:48:42 AM
Why is it every time Fulham lose a game, somebody wants the manager sacked.

I do think it's justified to look at the manager after this seasons' body of work to date.  I don't see the howling after every loss.  But right now, todays Luton tilt is very important I think, showing the future direction of the club AND Parkers place with it.

ALG01

parker has made errors but i think we are not that fr away from being THE top side in the division.

IMO stef jo has to play to complement TC these two seem to 'work' as a pair
then it's either harrision or arter, never both
Then odoi, what has he done wrong? play him at RB
the only other issue becomes reid and where to play him? and the way cav has played recently I think reid should be given his spot for a few games.

Slav would have had us in the top two woth this squad but he was experienced. I much prefer parker to any obvious other option and three wins in the nect four games will silence nonsensical threads like this....

what we do need in the winter break, and TK hasn't been that clever in winter so far, is to fix the defence which whilst it just about copes, that is because we keep the ball, when we lose possesion it looks mighty ropey and we just do not have any depth to the squad players available

Riversider

Quote from: colinwhite on October 22, 2019, 05:41:40 PM
Cairney ,Ream, Bryan ,Mawson ,Johansen all players better this season than last,IMo

None of which are "new" signings.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Riversider on October 23, 2019, 04:34:00 PM
Cairney ,Ream, Bryan ,Mawson ,Johansen all players better this season than last,IMo

Ok, so let's entertain this strange perspective (I mean does it really matter if SP happen to help improve new players or players that were already here?). Ivan was a bench player last season, Knockaert surely didn't set the PL alight, Arter had a decent spell at Cardiff, Reid was half decent at Cardiff as well. None of those came from really impressive seasons, did they (I mean, generally they wouldn't be loaned out if they were that great)? Admittedly though I didn't watch any of them very much at all , but I guess that goes for most of us.

Those performances were all in the PL though, as were the performances of our players, making the comparison strange to begin with. On top of that they aare now in a new team.

Wouldn't it be much more interesting to see whether FFC as a team is improving, and whether players are fitting in better with time? Personally, I thought that was the case, but the last two games have put some doubt in my mind. Hopefully this is just a bump in the road (partly caused by SP not sticking to his own plan), and improvements will generally continue.

WindyCity

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 23, 2019, 04:52:40 PM

Wouldn't it be much more interesting to see whether FFC as a team is improving, and whether players are fitting in better with time? Personally, I thought that was the case, but the last two games have put some doubt in my mind. Hopefully this is just a bump in the road (partly caused by SP not sticking to his own plan), and improvements will generally continue.

Agreed.  I think the team was certainly 'improving' going into the recent break.  The Char first half notwithstanding, the second half was quite good.  FFC coming off a short string of unbeaten results.  Then into two weeks of prep for their next match v bottom table Stoke.  Just a terrible result, very disappointing.  Let's just hope, as you suggest, a 'bump in the road'. 

MikeW

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 23, 2019, 04:52:40 PM

Ok, so let's entertain this strange perspective (I mean does it really matter if SP happen to help improve new players or players that were already here?). Ivan was a bench player last season, Knockaert surely didn't set the PL alight, Arter had a decent spell at Cardiff, Reid was half decent at Cardiff as well. None of those came from really impressive seasons, did they (I mean, generally they wouldn't be loaned out if they were that great)? Admittedly though I didn't watch any of them very much at all , but I guess that goes for most of us.

Those performances were all in the PL though, as were the performances of our players, making the comparison strange to begin with. On top of that they aare now in a new team.

Sting: I think your response is good and measured.  This international nonsense does no one any favours in the autumn but going forward, we have the opportunity to get some continuity and results.  I was very interested to watch and see reviews of Sheff Utd last night.  What a contrast they are to the powder puff team we put into the Prem!  Battlers, determind and (a team) compiled at a fraction of the cost of some we purchased based on 'stats'.

This season our tactic seems to be to bore the other side to death, wait until they wake up, concede a goal or two and the manager says it was a pleasing performance.  Call me a cynic?  Yes please.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."