watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

“lacked impetus in attack & defended poorly”

Started by howitis, October 19, 2019, 07:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Not my words but those of Scott Parker our manager. This obsession of possession football without doing the fundamentals well is boring me to tears.
It can't be hard as an opposition manager to work out our game plan and stop it!!!

Scott talks of impetus but I have to say there seems so little urgency emanating from him that I'm not surprised.

For many reasons this season is in danger of going very stale and his reference to an unbeaten run prior today rings very hollow when you look at the fixtures and how the games played out. This team bar the GK (totally out of his depth) and Mawson (assume he has never been able to regain the form he showed prior to joining this club) should be performing better in this division.

Mark my words - Mitro will leave in Jan if things don't pick up quickly.

Big decision for the chairman if we do not see a string of wins soon.

Luka

Mitro isn't exactly setting the division alight and to be frank,  I seem to remember him more for the opportunities he's missed more than than those he scored when I walk out the ground.
Sure, he's scoring goals for his country but that doesn't do us any favours does it.

Spirit of 2000

Shockingly Mitro is ONLY the joint leading goalscorer in the division. We have problems but Mitrovic isn't one of them.

Statto

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on October 19, 2019, 09:46:27 PM
Shockingly Mitro is ONLY the joint leading goalscorer in the division. We have problems but Mitrovic isn't one of them.

:plus one: 0001.jpeg

Luka

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on October 19, 2019, 09:46:27 PM
Under 50% shots on target and zero assists is hardly setting the division alight hence my comment.

Woolly Mammoth

Mitro did not appear to have his relaxed head on today, and looked agitated. However, he is one player whose overall application and commitment gives me no concern. If there are problems in areas that need surgery, I don't think currently at the moment his is one of them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Mitro is the key component so leave jumping on his back .

FFC1987

I really do think people should look at the inability to create chances rather than Mitrovic to be honest. A guy 'out of form' doesn't bang them in for fun at international level, then struggle at club level. If you're out of form, you don't score in either. That should tell you he isn't the problem.

RaySmith

He also does a lot more for us  besides scoring goals -and he has scored a few this season! -and even puts in an invaluable defensive shift at corners.

He might look a bit wound- up at times, but this often a good thing for us with him, and he generally  doesn't lose it  at the treatment he receives and lack of ref protection, but tries to get back at opponents in the best possible way -- by scoring.

Nero

It's the too much fudging about and not getting the ball into danger areas well, its gone back to the Wilkins day loads of possession but no cutting edge, how many first time crosses do we put into the box for Mitro to get onto

Statto

Also have to say, I can't see any key player ever leaving in a January window under our current management, unless it's for obscene money (something like £100m for Mitro). For all Tony Khan's faults, he only sells players when he wants to.