watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team set-up

Started by Whitesideup, October 24, 2019, 08:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Back to our "normal" set-up today. This thread is not about individuals, but the team set-up. While I thought we were worthy winners today, particularly happy with Mitro and the 2 Rs - Reid and Reed -  I am still not sure that our set-up is quite right. We play with width on both sides, but for me that often means we are attacking with one player less, and we defend with one player less. I am beginning to understand why in the Premier League out and out wide players are sacrificed for attacking full-backs - such is the competitive nature and quality of the teams that you have to play with 11 all the time.

It also means that the central striker can be isolated, and this has happened a lot this season. How many times do we see Mitro being marked by 2 defenders?

However, today Mitro got more support from Bobby, and even TC was a bit further forward, especially in the first half. Also thought Denis got forward and made us a little less predictable down the right. Good win, (though we tried to keep interest in the result going) and some progress, but for me we still haven't got the balance quite right.