watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Onamah

Started by Dodgin, October 19, 2019, 08:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

Definitely need to give the lad a chance before writing him off. He was no worse than the other players in blue yesterday
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Baszab

FFC1987

I mean, he didn't do anything really of note but then, he didn't do anything worth criticising really....

@jolslover

Quote from: absenteeism on October 20, 2019, 01:48:41 PM
£5 million on this spoofer and another £2 million loan fee on Arter.

Disastrous signings

Where have you seen this figures? Arter has done well so far.
STH H3

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 20, 2019, 08:12:53 PM
I mean, he didn't do anything really of note but then, he didn't do anything worth criticising really....
So far he's played less than an hour in the league and one cup game and I have to admit to seeing exactly the same as you.
Clearly hes favoured by Parker/Wells but that has not been returned by anything of note yet.
Just the views of a long term fan

LittleErn

You can hardly expect him to fit into Fulham's style(?) with just a few sub appearances. Judge him after a decent run of games where he plays at least 60 minutes.

snarks

I don't dislike what I've seen of him. OK he hasn't had me standing in my seat the way TC has, but he's not had me holding my head in my hands the way Senderos did when he got the ball either.

Anyone that dislikes him is looking for the good old Fulham scapegoat.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: LittleErn on October 21, 2019, 03:23:53 PM
You can hardly expect him to fit into Fulham's style(?) with just a few sub appearances. Judge him after a decent run of games where he plays at least 60 minutes.
This is what I think.  He's not a defender. He wants to be Tom Cairney.

Give the guy some time before we start treating him like Anguissa.    I don't think he has a high ceiling (premiere league) but I think he can be a good attacking midfielder at the championship level.     

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

filham

We must remember that he is a Spurs reject offloaded to us as a makeweight in the Sess deal. Be prepared for a failure, Spurs would not have released him if he had promise.

FFC1987

I think thats a bit harsh. He's 22 and still has plenty of time to develop. He could well be just not quite as developed yet as a load of Spurs youth and in need of proper game time and match experience to flourish. I don't expect him to be incredible, but we can't write him off yet.... 

Dixie

Just finished watching the full 90 minutes and actually i thought he was OK, a bit more offensive minded than Arter and linked up play quite well on a few occasions.

Give the lad a chance - don't understand why so many people are so quick to write a player off without barely having seen them play...
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Arthur

Quote from: Dixie on October 22, 2019, 02:20:35 PM
...i thought he was OK, a bit more offensive minded than Arter and linked up play quite well on a few occasions.

Give the lad a chance - don't understand why so many people are so quick to write a player off without barely having seen them play...

I agree.

At least he looked like a competent Championship player. That's more than can be said for half-a-dozen-or-so others on the day.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on October 22, 2019, 01:09:11 PM
We must remember that he is a Spurs reject offloaded to us as a makeweight in the Sess deal. Be prepared for a failure, Spurs would not have released him if he had promise.

I don't put much weight in anything spurs right now.  And when he played at least 20 games at Aston Villa he was above average.   As long as he's used correctly he can come good in the Championship.

filham

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 22, 2019, 02:14:49 PM
I think thats a bit harsh. He's 22 and still has plenty of time to develop. He could well be just not quite as developed yet as a load of Spurs youth and in need of proper game time and match experience to flourish. I don't expect him to be incredible, but we can't write him off yet.... 
Yes, perhaps I was a bit harsh on the lad but really my jibe was aimed at Spurs rather than the player.

On the other hand looking back to the old days we used to have players that we had developed playing as regulars at his age, 22 never used to looked upon as particularly young and in fact it is hard to think of players who have only come good after that age.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on October 22, 2019, 07:08:29 PM
Yes, perhaps I was a bit harsh on the lad but really my jibe was aimed at Spurs rather than the player.

On the other hand looking back to the old days we used to have players that we had developed playing as regulars at his age, 22 never used to looked upon as particularly young and in fact it is hard to think of players who have only come good after that age.
Chelsea cut Salah around that age. It worked out for Roma and Liverpool.

Let's at least give the guy multiple 90 minute games. He doesn't look overmatched at this level.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on October 22, 2019, 07:08:29 PM

Some well known examples are Rickie Lambert and Jamie Vardy. But also Drogba.

Arthur

As per Saturday, looked okay when he came on last night. Under-hit one pass that almost got us into trouble, but also produced one lovely piece of skill to cut between two defenders and find his way into the penalty area. Not the sort to 'put himself about', but I hope that our management duo can find a way to put whatever ability he has on the ball (for this, presumably, is his strength) to use for the benefit of the team.

Perhaps those who had already drawn the conclusion that he would be of little-or-no use to us will be more open-minded for a while longer.

Whitesideup

Unlikely to get much game time with us, unless we have a couple of injuries and suspensions. Ahead of him are Reed, Arter, Cearney, SJ, and Bobby .. and KMac? Don't think Parker agrees with the latter mind. Good problem to have for the manager but not for Onamah who really does need pitch time over the next couple of years.

For me, it's still far too early to judge. I guess he is doing well in training and is rated by Parker.

The Rational Fan

Onamah is a squad player now, but if we don't get promoted and run out of parchuate payments, then within the next 18 months he will be part of our best XI. We need him to improve fast.