Bobbys back

Started by os5889, February 08, 2010, 05:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Bobby's Back
Monday 8th February 2010

Fulham FC News Powered by LG Electronics

Bobby Zamora

Bobby Zamora will return to Fulham's First Team fold on Tuesday night when the Whites take on Burnley (KO 8pm) at the Cottage after missing last weekend's draw at Bolton through illness.

There was further good news regarding midfielder Simon Davies, who has also recovered in time for Tuesday's game, as Roy Hodgson explained on Monday afternoon.

"Bobby's fine and has recovered from his sickness," said Hodgson. "He's back in contention, as is Simon Davies, which is good.

"That's at least two of the injured players back tomorrow. To be fair I've not really counted Bobby when I've talked about the injured players because it was a sickness which kept him out of one game.

"He [Zamora] doesn't belong in the group of six or seven that we'll have to do without for a long period.

"We've barely got 18 players to be quite honest. There's no longer a selection problem at this Club – it's 'have we got 18 players to field the eleven places and the sub spots'.

"Until we get back to a situation when the squad starts to resemble a normal size and we start to get players back of the ability of Pantsil, Konchesky, Dempsey and Dikgacoi – it's going to be difficult for us."

Competing on three fronts this season, married with the Club's current injury crisis, is certainly testing Fulham's First Team squad to the limits, as Hodgson explained on Monday.

"We can't ignore the fact that playing FA Cup matches, when other teams are out of the competition, and UEFA Europa League matches, when other teams aren't playing, is placing a burden on our resources and the League matches that follow are that much more difficult for us.

"Burnley's personnel is roughly the same and I would imagine they're still playing the same type of football. I haven't studied Burnley that much. That's one of the major problems; with the games coming so thick and fast you don't get the week to give the next opponent the amount of thought and attention you would like to.

"Of course we've got our videos and scouting reports and we will prepare the Team as usual. Personally I don't have the same feeling that I know Burnley as well as I would say know Arsenal or Manchester United if we were playing them come Tuesday."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/February/BobbyRetunsBurnley.aspx#ixzz0ey6ANpUe

Fernhurst

I'd love to see how he would link up with Young Emil ---- Power through em fella's ;D

RidgeRider

SuffolkWhite

Well thank god for small mercies, BZ and Davies back.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bigalffc

Do you think he will start Davies? He's come back and limped off before.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

White Noise

Thats a relief I thought you were gonna say he had slipped in the bath.

FatFreddysCat

Can you imagine the responce to this thread last year? :o

White Noise

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 08, 2010, 09:14:55 PM

Good point. One of the enjoyable things about Fulham these days is the sheer unpredictability of it all. Okaka and Elm could be mighty players by the end of May - I just can't tell.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: White Noise on February 08, 2010, 09:21:18 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 08, 2010, 09:14:55 PM

Good point. One of the enjoyable things about Fulham these days is the sheer unpredictability of it all. Okaka and Elm could be mighty players by the end of May - I just can't tell.

The black Irishman maybe, Elm is Brentford standard.

clintclintdeuce

Bobbys back.... back again....bobbys back.....tell a friend.... guess whos back guess whos back guess whos back......... danananana......... lol a nice lil ______ rip for ya.
The Dude abides.

Hazey

I think I am going to have to dig oput the BZ "SYFM!" Shirt again and see oif it brings some luck with injuries and form back!  He hasn't scored since I went back to the home shirt.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Lighthouse

Bobbys hurt his back and so he will have to stand by the bench. Poor old Bobbys back.White Noise was right.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

clintclintdeuce

The Dude abides.