watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We lack motivation

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 20, 2019, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

A lot of games this season including yesterday we start very slowly. It seems as if we need a rollicking at half time to get us going. Jim made this comment on commentary yesterday.

This does not bode well and we will not get promoted like this.

Woolly Mammoth

I have to say it crossed my mind so far this season on more than one occasion. Yesterday was a classic example, not enough players want to run through a brick wall.
If we are to finish in the top six, we are going to have to buck our ideas up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Our first half performances are not looking good at all then we get our act together for a second half show but lack bite in the box.
Pressure is on Ried to produce a goal, I wonder if he will be given another chance against Luton or if Parker will now fall back on Kamara.

The old mucker

Maybe the lack of motivation is that we have to many loan players ,especially as those loan players are playing in many key areas

Fulham 442

We need another  striker in January that's for sure!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

The first half has been a big issue for a few seasons now.
I can't understand how a manager (and it's applied to a few of them) has all week,
or at least several days to motivate the players from the first minute and yet frequently
we have been galvanized in the 15 minute break.
Strangely enough Slova was as guilty as anyone.
I guess it's like "Monday Morning Blues"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcZW0GFLSdw

Over here Wednesday is referred to as "Hump Day" as at 12.01 we're heading towards
the weekend.
That's "Camels Hump" not "Rogering"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

St Eve

Kamara should start the next game. One thing he can't be criticized about is effort

Twig

Quote from: St Eve on October 20, 2019, 03:52:57 PM
Kamara should start the next game. One thing he can't be criticized about is effort

Not this.

terryr

Our problem is we don't shoot on goal.
Possession without chances is useless

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The old mucker on October 20, 2019, 03:26:06 PM
Maybe the lack of motivation is that we have to many loan players ,especially as those loan players are playing in many key areas

I am not a greater enthusiast with too many loan players, and not all appear to bust a gut often enough over the last 2/3 years.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Tom Cairney is no leader in the Murphy style. We must find someone who is prepared to use his voice.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 20, 2019, 03:26:41 PM

Yeah that bloody awful Mitrovic who is one of the top scorers in the league...

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: St Eve on October 20, 2019, 03:52:57 PM

Unfortunately other than effort and pace, Kamara lacks EVERYTHING else!

Baszab

That still makes AK more useful than Dec Reed

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 20, 2019, 01:39:13 PM
A lot of games this season including yesterday we start very slowly. It seems as if we need a rollicking at half time to get us going. Jim made this comment on commentary yesterday.
D
This does not bode well and we will not get promoted like this.

Last seasons unmotivated players were allowed to go to the club of their choice and now people wonder why this years players maybe unmotivated. If you play for Leeds and want to play premier league next season, then you need to get Leeds promoted. If you play for Fulham, just keep fit and play well near transfer window opens and say the championship doesn't motive you.

cookieg

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on October 20, 2019, 07:07:51 PM

Watching the game the commentators said he didn't look right, dived to get a penalty and then got a silly booking. If Mitro isn't on fire then what's plan b? How do make changes? Parker needs to have an alternative.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: cookieg on October 21, 2019, 07:05:49 AM

Watching the game the commentators said he didn't look right, dived to get a penalty and then got a silly booking. If Mitro isn't on fire then what's plan b? How do make changes? Parker needs to have an alternative.

Two inverted wingers and Bobby Reid should be able to score.

RaySmith

I don't see why pro players wouldn't be motivated to try and get teir team into the Prem, but I suppose they don't seem that  motivated when they  start the games on the back foot and concede early.

Well, I've seen the extensive warm up the Fulham players do, so that can't be it.

I think it's more a mental thing - we don't start confidently, and the opponents come at us right from the start, and don't allow us to get into out rhythm. That, and  our defence still seeming uncomfortable, and not functioning as a unit.

Starting  with  three at the back on Saturday didn't help.

But our defence wasn't that great when we went up under Slava, but we managed to score a lot of goals - more than we conceded. We have the players up front to do this again, though our defensive errors still need to be sorted out.

cookieg

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 21, 2019, 07:23:45 AM
Quote from: cookieg on October 21, 2019, 07:05:49 AM

Two inverted wingers and Bobby Reid should be able to score.

But they're not. Maybe there are other problems within the club but on paper we should be doing so much better.

toshes mate

We are much less patient and composed than we were before Jokanovic left, and some of that has to do with the types of players on the pitch as compared to previous teams.  Aggression has to be channeled positively or else it turns into frustration and is wasted in a destructive manner.  My personal feeling is that the tempo of our game is being controlled by opponents more often than not.  The team needs to gain its own personality and Parker needs to enforce that upon them.