https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

StefJo

Started by H4usuallysitting, October 20, 2019, 07:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Anyone know why he wasn't in the squad yesterday....have I missed something

snarks

Nope, haven't seen anything. I do think he's essential in the way we play, provides a link up between TC and Arter, does the dirty work (including kicking the opposition). I may be mistaken but aren't we unbeaten when he starts?

jeremyfulham

Came off in 2nd half playing for Norway in their last match so assume has an injury ?

Fulham 442

Not injured but rested Saturday apparently. We sure missed him!

filham

Always pleased to see Johansen in our team but would have thought that Arter and Reed would have provided good cover for him.

love4ffc

Stef seems to be a must for the team to successful.  Feel that Harrison Reed needs to be on the bench with Stef in the middle and Harry just behind them to help knock pressure off the back four. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Matt10

I'm such a fan of StefJo. Watched him play for Norway last week. He played the majority of the match against Spain, including being stepped on pretty badly by Rodrigo. Came off early against Romania though. It's an interesting choice that the Norwegian coach places him on the right midfield. I haven't paid enough attention to their strategy though.

I also believe that he is essential for our midfield. He's creative and maintains possession well for us. Hope to see him Wednesday.

H4usuallysitting

Just found out.... he's out for around 4 weeks

Fulham 442

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 21, 2019, 05:33:50 PM
Where did you see that? Said Saturday SP had a fully fit squad to pick from? Will be a big miss and looks like Arter out for a while too after the Stoke game.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 21, 2019, 05:56:53 PM
Where did you see that? Said Saturday SP had a fully fit squad to pick from? Will be a big miss and looks like Arter out for a while too after the Stoke game.

Don't want to say exactly, but I picked someone up earlier who's very close to the team

love4ffc

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 21, 2019, 07:01:32 PM

Don't want to say exactly, but I picked someone up earlier who's very close to the team

If this is true then it's very sad news for the team. 

filham

Oh dear Arter and Johansen injured that is a blow to our midfield , I guess MacDonald now steps in.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: love4ffc on October 21, 2019, 07:15:22 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 21, 2019, 07:01:32 PM

If this is true then it's very sad news for the team. 

No reason for me to lie.... I want him playing every week, we're a different team with him....much more direct

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on October 21, 2019, 07:23:11 PM
Oh dear Arter and Johansen injured that is a blow to our midfield , I guess MacDonald now steps in.

With Arter and Stefjo injuried, KMac regaining fitness and Mitrovoic one yellow away from suspension.

I think it's time for some of Cisse, Riley, Onamah and Reid to really step up.

Dawns scones

You pays your money....
BBC says Stef Jo 'looks set to welcome(d) back:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50064659

born1879

We are blessed in mid-field currently, captain of norway has a big heart, long to be around

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Dawns scones on October 22, 2019, 12:35:05 PM
You pays your money....
BBC says Stef Jo 'looks set to welcome(d) back:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50064659

Thanks for the mail.....I was told yesterday.....4/5 games.......love him to play on Wednesday

love4ffc

Just listened to Parker's Luton preview interview and the only person not available is Harry with some type of knock.  If true that is good as Stef would be available for the Luton match. 

The Rational Fan

Quote from: love4ffc on October 23, 2019, 12:14:26 AM
Just listened to Parker's Luton preview interview and the only person not available is Harry with some type of knock.  If true that is good as Stef would be available for the Luton match.

I think Stefjo could use more of a rest, we are going to need him against Middlesbrough, Hull and after the next international break when we play six games (QPR 4th, Derby 15th, Swansea 7th, Bristol 9th, Preston 5th and Brentford 12th) over a 22 day period, especially if Arter is out.

love4ffc

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 23, 2019, 12:55:46 AM
Quote from: love4ffc on October 23, 2019, 12:14:26 AM

I think Stefjo could use more of a rest, we are going to need him against Middlesbrough, Hull and after the next international break when we play six games (QPR 4th, Derby 15th, Swansea 7th, Bristol 9th, Preston 5th and Brentford 12th) over a 22 day period, especially if Arter is out.

I can see and understand this logic.