watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker's irritating post match excuse

Started by The Old Count, October 20, 2019, 08:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

'We are a young team that has been put together recently'.

A poor excuse.  So is QPR's and at a fraction of the cost and they are out performing us.

I'm not saying we should sack him but when managers start making these sort of excuses it is a worry.

FFC1987

I hadn't heard that....worst excuse ever really.

The Rational Fan

Parker is correct as rarely a relegated team that gets new players gets promoted. Statistics show holding on to your players maximises the chance of going up, which he choose not to do.

WBA was relegated and promoted three times and promoted in ten years by not changing the team. Scott Parker is paying the price for having a new team, but i strongly expect that's his fault and he is responsible for the changes.

filham

I am having difficulty finding the young players, in fact I think most of them are of an age and experience when they should be at their prime.

The Rational Fan

At the end of last season, Parker had clean sheets against Everton, Bournmouth and Cardiff

Contribution from the below players in those games, could have been used to transition to a great start.

Odoi/Christie  MLM  Ream Bryan
                Anguisssa
                 Cairney    Ayite
                   Mitro

Getting rid of Anguissa and Ayite were big mistakes, plus Fabri should have been given a chance after we were relegated.

If the team has changed and not working now especially defensively, then whose fault is that?

MJG

"i've said it many a time, I've said it to the players, this is a young squad. When I say young I don't mean in age, I mean it's young in terms of when it got put together"

Is the full quote which gives it a different meaning to the one inferred to in the op.
Just the views of a long term fan

RaySmith

The Rational Fan

Quote from: MJG on October 21, 2019, 05:52:46 AM
"i've said it many a time, I've said it to the players, this is a young squad. When I say young I don't mean in age, I mean it's young in terms of when it got put together"

So, Scott Parker gets rid of seven players off the books to get new players and then blames our problems on being a young squad. He is correct if we kept Anguissa, Seri and Ayite, without getting Hector, Reed and Arter we wouldn't be such a "young squad" and probably would be better off now.

Sting of the North

Is the full quote which gives it a different meaning to the one inferred to in the op.

Thanks for providing some actual useful input to the thread.

Buffalo76

With the squad we have we should be top of the table, end of. Don't care how inexperienced Parker is as a manager 😡
That's it and that's all.

toshes mate

I also believe Parker is including himself and some in the coaching team in the equation, and is not using it as an excuse but simply as an expression of reality.

WhiteJC

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 21, 2019, 07:04:30 AM

So, Scott Parker gets rid of seven players off the books to get new players and then blames our problems on being a young squad. He is correct if we kept Anguissa, Seri and Ayite, without getting Hector, Reed and Arter we wouldn't be such a "young squad" and probably would be better off now.

I'm not sure how much say Parker had in getting rid of players

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Would have held on to anguissa and not bought in Artur as he appears to lack discipline and will end up costing the team points.
As for scotty he's still got L plates on coaching wise.

Riversider

Queens Park Rangers have brought 14 new players, over double our amount, and yet Mark Warburton has got them to gel from virtually day one,
The Parker excuse is exactly that, an excuse, it's not a reason why we are performing so badly, ironically Queens Park Rangers next month could well be a defining moment for the faltering Parker/Wells partnership.

FFC1987

Quote from: Riversider on October 21, 2019, 09:47:35 AM

Queens Park Rangers have brought 14 new players, over double our amount, and yet Mark Warburton has got them to gel from virtually day one,
The Parker excuse is exactly that, an excuse, it's not a reason why we are performing so badly, ironically Queens Park Rangers next month could well be a defining moment for the faltering Parker/Wells partnership.

This. We're 12 games in now. We can't be complaining about gelling time. I don't mind the quote upon MJG's posting the full quote as, at the least, hes factually right, but that's not a good excuse for some of the results. I think if you went to any championship manager in this division, or out of work manager, which squad you'd like to manage in the championship, i'd be surprised if it wasn't unanimous if it wasn't our squad. Theres no denying, we're not where we should be in terms of table, points or quality on the pitch, it needs to change and time is against Parker at the moment as I think hes only a few games from blowing it. 

colinwhite

a win on weds and results go our way this week and we could be 3 points off top place. Poor on saturday but we have  been good in most games and fantastic in a few. Yet to be outplayed and In my humble opinion unlucky not to have 4-6 more points on the board.

A bit more consistency and we will get there . Im predicting top 2 !!

Andy S

Players had to go to balance the books. The new players although supposedly good enough for this league have not all gelled yet. It will happen I don't know when. If there was a magic formula I'm sure we would have gone for it. There isn't.

Woolly Mammoth

It's still too early to panic and throw the baby out with the bath water, a week in football is a long time. We are still in October.  By Saturday evening we may have collected another 6 juicy points.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.