more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team vs. Luton

Started by Facts Not Fiction, October 22, 2019, 07:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on October 23, 2019, 11:00:15 AM
surely its parkers choice that he cuts inside, as no manager would play inverted wingers and then tell them to get to the line and put in crosses with their weak foot

Don't disagree. Knockaert likes to play as an inverted winger; Tony Khan bought him knowing that was how he liked to play; Parker picks him and lets him play that way. People will split hairs to put the blame on whichever of those three individuals they dislike the most (in your case Parker) but it doesn't make much difference. 

filham

Just can't believe that if Knock. had the ability to beat defenders on the outside we are not using him in that way, we all know that the most difficult ball for defenders to deal with are those pulled back from the dead ball line when they are facing their own goal.
This was a big feature of Fredericks overlaps which we are now badly missing.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on October 23, 2019, 03:30:15 PM
Just can't believe that if Knock. had the ability to beat defenders on the outside we are not using him in that way, we all know that the most difficult ball for defenders to deal with are those pulled back from the dead ball line when they are facing their own goal.
This was a big feature of Fredericks overlaps which we are now badly missing.
more worrying for me is that we keep playing cav as an inverted winger, where imo he looks poor. Play him down his natural side and he looks a world beater
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RaySmith

Haven't they swapped wings sometimes during games - an easy enough thing to do.
They give you this option.

I find it hard to believe that this is the main problem our attack has.

Statto

Quote from: RaySmith on October 23, 2019, 06:08:33 PM

Go on... What is it then?

junior white

Arter and StefJo on the bench along with Betts

RaySmith

Quote from: Statto on October 23, 2019, 06:42:40 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on October 23, 2019, 06:08:33 PM

Go on... What is it then?

I don't know - I just thought the reason why our attack isn't scoring more, when they have  this potential with all their skill, must be something more than this.
It could be just becoming more familiar with each other, and the shape of the team generally still being honed.