more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we ever introduced ourselves?

Started by Airfix, November 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. F

Hey everyone,

Been a lurker for quite a while but never got around to posting. I'm going to come clean right away, I'm another American. We do seem a little more welcomed here compared to Cottage Corner which is nice. I promise that I don't have any plans to make a thread about Dempsey though  :57:

Been following Fulham seriously for about three years now. I was a late comer to football (as are most Americans) but after getting into MLS I also wanted to start following the sport at its highest level and find a English team to support. I was raised and still currently live in Columbus, Ohio and as a Columbus Crew fan it was easy to find a connection to Fulham through Brian McBride.

After considering several teams and watching tons of matches, something just felt right about Fulham. The history of American players certainly peaked my interest but I was also fascinated by the team's determination and underdog mentality. Reminds me a lot of the teams I support in the States. Craven Cottage also looks like a incredible place to watch a match. Ever since, I've been hooked. I wake up early every Saturday (or Sunday) morning to make sure I dont miss a match and even sneak a few at work during the weekdays. In fact, watching the Juventus game at work last season was somewhat similar to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riDCzclPCMQ#

I'm actually in the midst of planning my first trip to England and of course will be making a stop at the Cottage next season. Plan to go in November when airfare is a lot cheaper. Can't plan too far ahead though because I have to wait for next season's schedule to make sure I can catch them at home!

And for those wondering, "Mr. F" is related to Fulham but for all you Arrested Development fans out there you'll get the double meaning.  :54:

elgreenio

Aloha everyone, not been around a Fulham board since, well the old board on the official site. Frequent on a few other forums and an avid youtuber, hopefully i'll get my Fulham fix here instead of talking to myself about the club everywhere else. Hopefully I shall be donning the title of Fulhams head researcher for the next instalment of Football Manager but nothing concrete yet. Anyway, afternoon all, COYW!!!!!! etc etc
touch my camera through the fence

TheDaddy

Welcome Elgreenio , enjoy your time here mate its a great board.....

As a fan of Footy Manager any in site on players would be a benefit ....
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

maksimir

Greetings lads/lasses.  I have been a watcher for a fair old while.  Right intro: In my thirties and a few years ago moved back to Ireland so hopefully this can be a nice way of maintaining a connection to the mighty whites.  1st match back in 1987 when we demolished Grimsby Town and as I got older I went to as many matches as money permitted - roughly been to around 45 grounds with the Fulham including the Tigana european tour, but to my shame none for a few years - hope to get one in early next season.  For what its worth we'll be okay this season.

Flupp

Nickname: Flupp
First name: Andreas
Date of birth: 16/08/1987

Interests: Football,friends,famaly,music (Kings of Leon)

"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

mabster

Alanovich - Had a feeling we were at Nottingham at the same time - 89/92 ish?

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on November 26, 2010, 12:23:34 PM
Hi there

I am NOT The Ostrich Watch...

How comes I never got a welcome to the FOF message Board from LBno11?

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 18, 2011, 10:01:47 PM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on May 18, 2011, 06:07:39 PM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on November 26, 2010, 12:23:34 PM
Hi there

I am NOT The Ostrich Watch...

How comes I never got a welcome to the FOF message Board from LBno11?
Will a welcome from the resident Sausage expert suffice?

I have reported your unwelcome advances to the moderator...

LBNo11

...a warm welcome to elgreenio, Flupp and theo, I am sure you will feel at home here amongst your fellow Fulham fans from around the world.

It does not matter how long you have followed Fulham as long as you made the right choice over all the other teams you could have chosen; you now have a life sentence with great company.

PS: Edward Winston Malone (aka a cast of many) wotcha* cock...

* - the Swiss car sticker abbreviation...  :53:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Ron Sheepskin

Now that I've been unmasked by LBNo11 I guess it's time..

My name is Chris, and I live close enough to Northolt to suffer the occasional sausage shortage. First visit to the Cottage was for a league cup match against Colchester United in 1993. This apparently was one of the lowest attendances on record at the Cottage - 2,820. I was, I should admit, there with my uncle to support Colchester. It's my home town, and I had been seriously out of love with football for a few years by then.

Next Fulham match was December 03 at Loftus Road. This was Sheepskin Junior's first proper game, and we were hooked. Crossley came and had a chat during the warm up, and signed Junior's programme. We've never looked back since. Even Mrs S has converted from supporting Spuds.

Getting ever closer to having the time and money to get a season ticket, but membership and half a dozen games a season is where I'm at for now.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Miles

I'm not too sure how to introduce myself but I figure that I'll be forgiven if I don't get it quite correct.

I'm a Yank living in Seoul, Korea.  Originally from Oklahoma, USA.

I support Fulham becuase they are one of the original football clubs in England.  Another reason was that I appreciated the work that Roy Hodgson did with the club during 2009 - 2010.  Fulham is a plucky team and I'm quite proud of their achievement this year.  Thanks for our position this year and inclusion in the Europa Leauge goes to the players and not the management of Mark Hughes.  COYW

I look forward to interacting with other Fulham Supporters.

WhiteJC

welcome Miles, I think there are a couple of Fulham fans in your neck of the woods (far east)

mangoputney

Mangoputney here, family's London Irish brought up on the North End Road, old man's always been a Fulhamite and only moved out to Luton to settle. Every Saturday for as long as I can remember we have a keen eye on both the Hatters and the Cottagers and its fair to say we've had our ups and downs. Try to get too as many games at the Cottage and Kenny as we can and work allows. With the old man turning 60 this year decided to treat him to his first season ticket. Bring on 2011/12.
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

The Equalizer

Quote from: mangoputney on June 16, 2011, 09:19:06 PM
Mangoputney here, family's London Irish brought up on the North End Road, old man's always been a Fulhamite and only moved out to Luton to settle. Every Saturday for as long as I can remember we have a keen eye on both the Hatters and the Cottagers and its fair to say we've had our ups and downs. Try to get too as many games at the Cottage and Kenny as we can and work allows. With the old man turning 60 this year decided to treat him to his first season ticket. Bring on 2011/12.

Welcome aboard mate. I'm a North End Road boy myself, grew up in Clem Attlee Court.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

mangoputney

Cheers Equaliser, he grew up Burne Jones House, bit closer to Olympia than Atlee
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

The Equalizer

Quote from: mangoputney on June 21, 2011, 08:55:42 PM
Cheers Equaliser, he grew up Burne Jones House, bit closer to Olympia than Atlee

I know it well mate. Used to drink in the Cumberland Arms and the Orange gaff on the corner. My grandad also opened Barons Court Library when he was mayor (back in the 60s).
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LukeJennings

Hi I would like to introduce myself, My name is Luke Jennings I am 16 years old from a town in the south-west of england called Yeovil. I attend every one of their home and away games but also attend as many Fulham ones as I can, I have lately posted an article on here about Nicklas Bendtner & DJ Campbell, if you could take a look would be very helpful http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=13623.new#new

I know this may not be the post and you guys may not be interested BUT, I have recently made a blod post about a trial game for my home town. Could you all take a look and speculate how I write as i'm not sure if I should post many more topics on football matters in my spare time. Replies would be taken into consideration and be thanked, been told I am a good writer for a 16 year old. So yeah, here is the link http://luke-jennings.blogspot.com/2011/07/yeovil-town-v-inverness-caladonian.html
Thankyou all very much, look forward to hearing from you all and participating more frequently in this forum, COYW
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Two Ton Ted

I'm Two Ton Ted, I live in Teddington and I drive the Baker's van.

Only 1 of those statements is true.

I also am known as Alb, saw my first game in 1978 v Tottenham, (1-1, Greenaway equaliser, very wet), and have some input with those raggy arsed troubadours Emergency Bitter.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Jim©

I'm Jim and been going to Fulham since the late 70's when dragged along by my dad, grandad and uncle. Now I take my son and nephew along when I'm up in town. I started going on my own at about 12 (26 years ago!) and rarely missed a home game for 23 years (apart from living in Bristol... more to come on that)...

I grew up in Westminster, surrounded by Chelsea fans and copping a load of stick off them for it! Went to secondary school in Clapham where there were a few more Fulham fans, but not many. Headmaster was dear old Peter Thompson, who recently passed away (an inspirational man) and included me in a couple of his Fulham books. Went to Uni in Bristol in the years when we were in the lowest divisions, but it meant short trips to Rovers (seen them play at 3 different grounds!), Swansea, Torquay (yes I was one of the few- though thousands claim to have gone now!) Exeter, Cardiff (unfortunately), Swindon, Walsall etc etc

I moved down to south Devon last summer with family and I get asked all the time by friends and family about missing Fulham.

The greatest moments for me are
Euro Adventure- 100% beyond my wildest dreams. Just brilliant, incredible. To the fans that stood on empty terraces it meant a huge amount. Sean Davis' goal against Blackburn- again dreams became reality when that went in. FA Cup V Villa- people took notice of us that day and we've not looked back since.
Favourite goal would have to be Clint's v Juve but also remember a Peter Scott thunderbolt v Chester at home, Bullards free kick at home v Villa, Lehman V Saints in teh cup. Well you get the gist...

It's nice to be on a forum where WUM's arent spoiling it for all! Have been a Tiff regular for 11 years but it's not like it was!!!

COYW

MJG

Jim, welcome to FOF, I was on TIFF for a long time but came over here early last season and not really looked back.