watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we ever introduced ourselves?

Started by Airfix, November 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Hi WLW, thanks for your intro. looking forward to seeing you post on the forum now  082.gif  049:gif

Moonraker

I would like to introduce myself "Moonraker".

I have been a Fulham fan since the 1960's in Dorset when we we fighting off Northampton to say in the old First Division. I have never been a season ticket holder as I have to travel up from Wiltshire and I work at the weekends. I have however been to the Cup Final in 1975 and the Europa League Final in Hamburg in 2010 plus the play off Final against Aston Villa in May 2018.

I have always enjoyed following General Discussion, as most of the posts are well informed, in spite of the fact there is a tendency to be over critical of the Ownership and the Team at certain times.

Come on Fulham

Barrett487

Quote from: Moonraker on April 23, 2020, 11:14:08 AM
I would like to introduce myself "Moonraker".

I have been a Fulham fan since the 1960's in Dorset when we we fighting off Northampton to say in the old First Division. I have never been a season ticket holder as I have to travel up from Wiltshire and I work at the weekends. I have however been to the Cup Final in 1975 and the Europa League Final in Hamburg in 2010 plus the play off Final against Aston Villa in May 2018.

I have always enjoyed following General Discussion, as most of the posts are well informed, in spite of the fact there is a tendency to be over critical of the Ownership and the Team at certain times.

Come on Fulham

Hi Moonraker, sorry for the delay.
Welcome to the fold.... as you're a long-time lurker, it'd be nice to see you post a few times on the forum. Sadly the topics have been more sparse recently imo, but don't let that put you off. There's always the music threads  :003:

KilianG

Hi, let me introduce myself, my name is Kilian and I'm a cottager from Spain, I've been a Fulham fan since I started following the English football league (here we can only see Championship and Premier), regarding La Liga, I used to support FCB (not anymore until there is a change in the direction board, they are killing the club)

So when it came to English football there was only an option for me, not that I knew that back then, but you can believe it or not but Fulham is pretty similar to FCB, it's a traditional and historic club, with values, never involved with gangs or violence and with a really family friendly ambient at the stadium so I ended up falling in love with Fulham and Craven Cottage, I've never been there in a match day but it's in my to do list once the world goes back to normal

WhiteJC

Quote from: KilianG on August 01, 2020, 11:58:49 AM
Hi, let me introduce myself, my name is Kilian and I'm a cottager from Spain, I've been a Fulham fan since I started following the English football league (here we can only see Championship and Premier), regarding La Liga, I used to support FCB (not anymore until there is a change in the direction board, they are killing the club)

So when it came to English football there was only an option for me, not that I knew that back then, but you can believe it or not but Fulham is pretty similar to FCB, it's a traditional and historic club, with values, never involved with gangs or violence and with a really family friendly ambient at the stadium so I ended up falling in love with Fulham and Craven Cottage, I've never been there in a match day but it's in my to do list once the world goes back to normal

welcome KilianG, hopefully you can make a trip to the Cottage next season, you won't be disappointed whichever league we're in  049:gif

Parsons Green

Hello all
I'm new here. I've been supporting Fulham for just over 10 years. I have gone to the Cottage fairly regularly apart from when I was away at Uni.

colham

Hi folks.

Long time reader having spent my formative years on toofif/tiff and finally decided to sign up.

I've been following Fulham since '99 having moved from Scotland to London for work and picking a side.  First game was a draw against Wrexham in Div2 sat in the Riverside when Keegan was still in charge.  Since then was a season ticket holder in the hammy end for 5 years (Bracewell first season  :022:) before moving up to Milton Keynes. 

WhiteJC

Quote from: Parsons Green on August 02, 2020, 11:08:18 AM
Hello all
I'm new here. I've been supporting Fulham for just over 10 years. I have gone to the Cottage fairly regularly apart from when I was away at Uni.

welcome to the forum, hopefully we will all be able to go back to the Cottage soon

WhiteJC

Quote from: colham on August 06, 2020, 06:57:07 AM
Hi folks.

Long time reader having spent my formative years on toofif/tiff and finally decided to sign up.

I've been following Fulham since '99 having moved from Scotland to London for work and picking a side.  First game was a draw against Wrexham in Div2 sat in the Riverside when Keegan was still in charge.  Since then was a season ticket holder in the hammy end for 5 years (Bracewell first season  :022:) before moving up to Milton Keynes.

welcome once you get the Fulham bug you're doomed, just like the rest of us  :dft011: I'm expecting a difficult season back in the Premiership but hopefully we'll see some exciting games

FriendofFulhamDodger

New member, and first post tonight re: Antonee Robinson. I am a friend of Fulham Dodger who some of you may know.

Look forward to saying hello occasionally. I wish Fulham FC and its supporters congratulations on promotion and success on there upcoming season in the EPL.

Cheers,
Jim

WhiteJC

Quote from: FriendofFulhamDodger on August 21, 2020, 12:42:27 AM
New member, and first post tonight re: Antonee Robinson. I am a friend of Fulham Dodger who some of you may know.

Look forward to saying hello occasionally. I wish Fulham FC and its supporters congratulations on promotion and success on there upcoming season in the EPL.

Cheers,
Jim

welcome Jim

Barnabyffc

Hi my names Barnaby I post. Lot on twitter. Fulham
Born and bred fam since 1996. Twitters just locked me out for some strange reason so I though now was a good as a time as any to start posting here
More. Hope to chat to you as many of you as possible.

Macedoish

May I introduce myself having just joined the forum. My user name of 'Macedoish' will give you some idea of my Fulham heritage. Although born in Tooting at the age of 5 I moved with my parents to the midlands due to my Fathers work. Despite this I have always looked upon myself as a 'Londoner' mainly due to family and my love of Fulham.
I first went to Craven Cottage in the mid 50's with my Dad and Uncle and was immediately hooked, I remember the flags and the old scoreboard along the Thames fascinated me. Although living most of my life here in the midlands I have always sought to get to games when I can including many years as a season ticket holder. Don't get too much nowadays being in my mid-seventies and the travel and cost is getting a bit much, but my support and excitement at the upcoming season is as strong as it ever was. Glad to be a member of this forum and hope to make a useful contribution to it over time. Thank you   

TheGoodMitro

Hello!
I've only recently joined as a member, but I began reading this forum on and off when Kit got the job in 2014. My early memories watching Fulham start somewhere in the mid-2000s but are somewhat of a blur until the years under Roy, my fondest have come from watching Slav's re-build at the cottage.(forewarning: this may have created an unhealthy adoration of/bias towards the man and his stamp on the club).

COYW!

QUICKRICH

Afternoon  just introducing myself (Richard) after being a lurker for 5 years plus for news and post match thoughts from fellow fans.

Little bit of my background been a fulham supporter since I attended fulham soccer schools over school holidays when I was a nipper. Been a previous season ticket holder during our promotion season recently and our short premier league campaign 2 years ago.

Sadly could not afford a season ticket anymore due to moving to my first home.

Now working within IT within a hospital in redhill for the last 3 years. Looking to get to a few games this season if we get the chance next year.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

winterline

I'm Canadian, became Fulham fan via FIFA 06, was looking through the players of the PL teams and found fellow Canadian Tomasz Radziński, started actually watching Fulham play 2012-13

Harko

Hello all,
Im John, live in Australia. Started following Fulham 17/18 season after a visit (ignorant tourist visit to the cottage you so much here about) . Saw FFC v Middlesb. had the best day although a 1-1 draw. From that moment totally hooked, so much so Im now calling the game football instead of soccer as they call it down here.

I think I may have become a little obsessed with the club but that cannot be a bad thing. When wearing my Fulham top out in the street , I'm completely convinced if a car toots they are a fellow whites supporter and celebrating the win as opposed to trying to hurry me off the road to avoid running me over.

Up the Fulham!

John

Milo

KallioRocks

Warm greetings from the cold and rainy Finland!

Back when I still played in the u16-team of Ilves Tampere, my local club, all my teammates supported the big clubs. Yet I struggled to find a team in the Prem that felt right until Hodgson left Finland to take the Fulham job and signed two Finnish legends, The King (that's how we address Jari even today) and the personal hero of mine. The latter (his last name reading literally as "rock" or "boulder" in Finnish, hence the wordplay in user name) is genuinely a top bloke, given that he found the time to join our training sessions many times during his off-season(s) and gave great advice to us all, in a technical sense especially to us CDs. Thus, my mind was set to become a Cottager.

And what a ride it has been! Indeed, I joined the wagon in the best possible moment and after having tasted sweet moments of success, witnessed in disgrace the gradual downfall (I've been to Cottage 10-15 times in recent years). It is like the arch of Raging Bull although unlike La Motta, Fulham have more hope for tomorrow.

Anyway, I thought it was high time for me to sign up and join the conversation with you, dear fellow Cottagers. Today is a match day, which is always a great day in my books.

Nice to meet you all and thank you for sharing your stories!  049:gif

PS. Kallio took the Ilves job a fortnight ago, after the previous manager was sacked following a string of poor results. Hopefully he can right the ship, I was delighted he got the chance. Granted, The King and The Rock left a lukewarm impression of themselves due to injuries but still: Roy respected the hell out of them and maybe they played some minor role in the successful relegation battle.

WhiteJC

welcome KallioRocks

any Finnish players we should be looking at?