https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we ever introduced ourselves?

Started by Airfix, November 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KallioRocks

Quote from: whitejc on August 29, 2021, 10:14:46 AM
welcome KallioRocks

any Finnish players we should be looking at?

Thank you.

Well, there is already one in the system: Ablade. Hopefully he develops into a decent player for us. Definitely encougaring signs there.

Aside from young Terry, there is no-one we should set our eyes at really. Teemu Pukki of Norwich thrives only in an environment, where he is considered the number one striker (how do you say 'no thanks' in Serbian?) Lukas Hradecky, being the unanimous first choice GK for Bayern Leverkusen, Fulham is the wrong career move. Joel Pohjanpalo, a dangerous target man, would have what it takes as a super sub in the Prem, but he is always injured. Being dubbed as his Rolls Royce by Gerrard, Glen Kamara is an elite CM for the Glasgow Rangers, but we are good in that position, at least for the time being. The others just lack quality, unfortunately.

Tfhiggins88

Hello All -

I'm a newly minted season ticket holder (Putney End, P4) moving to London after many years of support from afar.

I'm from Boston, USA, and began supporting Fulham as they had the best players from the USMNT. I'm in my early 30s so was on the latter end of the Brian McBride and Bocanegra years, but got to experience peak Dempsey (and now Reeeeam).

I've finally gotten my visa processed and have settled into a flat in Islington, but will be making my second trip to the Cottage (and first as a season ticket holder) tomorrow.

Anyone fancy a pint before the game? Respond or message me.

Timothy 

Barrett487

Quote from: Tfhiggins88 on September 28, 2021, 12:01:42 PM
Hello All -

I'm a newly minted season ticket holder (Putney End, P4) moving to London after many years of support from afar.

I'm from Boston, USA, and began supporting Fulham as they had the best players from the USMNT. I'm in my early 30s so was on the latter end of the Brian McBride and Bocanegra years, but got to experience peak Dempsey (and now Reeeeam).

I've finally gotten my visa processed and have settled into a flat in Islington, but will be making my second trip to the Cottage (and first as a season ticket holder) tomorrow.

Timothy 

Wow, that's dedication for you! I sorta hope you moved to be near Fulham, but maybe suspect you had a job/family motive?

Either way, welcome aboard the Fulham ship. If you have hair now you'll lose it fairly soon.

I look forward to seeing you post on the forum.  049:gif

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Tfhiggins88 on September 28, 2021, 12:01:42 PM
Hello All -

Timothy 
congratulations on supporting the correct team as a yank. There really is no other correct choice...
Foolish ham

Scousewhite

Quote from: Airfix on November 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM
I notice that the Exiles board contains an introduction thread but I never saw one here.  So I'm creating one.

Tell us about you.

Here's me:

I come from Godalming in leafy Surrey which is ideal for Fulham as it's just up the A3 for me.

I've been a Fulham nut for as long as I can remember (and some times that I can't remember too).  My late father supported "them" but he was an old-school "them" supporter as LB can testify.  He came from Battersea so used to do the "Fulham one week, the dark side the other" and, whilst we never went a huge amount when I was younger (about 5-6 times a season), the decision was always "Shall we go to the football?  Yes?  Who's at home?".  With him being a blue, I decided to become a white to keep the balance, even to the point of wearing my black and white, home-knitted scarf to Slumford Bodge.  This practice ceased when I saw a scarf just like mine hanging from a lamp-post at one game with a Newcastle fan dangling from it by his feet.  Discretion being the better part of valour, I stuffed mine in my coat and stayed schtum.

I have been told that my enthusiasm for my team is infectious.  Certainly I tend to find that even non-football-supporting friends keep an eye out for our scores on a Saturday.  Even Mrs Airfix has been heard to say "we support Fulham" to a friend of hers.  As you will have noticed already, I have introduced two Fulham fans (bigdaddyat and sipwell) to the FoF board and for that you have my heartfelt apology.

I never supported another team before Fulham - there was no time to do that but I do have a firm second team - the mighty Gs... Godalming Town.  If I get a kitchen pass when Fulham are away and the Gs are at home, you'll find me at Wey Court.  Life is great in the Ryman South 1st Division where you can stand, drink coke from cans, have a smoke and put your brolly up when it rains.  That is what football should be about!

Being a Fulham fan has made me laugh and cry.  It has brought me friends opportunities to go to places that I would never have dreamed of going (like Hull).  I wouldn't change it for the world.  Best fans you can get, bar none.

Did someone say bar....?

:airfix:

I'm Phil
Moved to West London last summer from Liverpool, where I'm an Everton season ticket holder. Drive back for all home matches and some aways.
Decided I wanted to support a local team so went to QPR and Fulham at the start of the season and felt an instant connection to the whites.
Went to all bar two home matches last season (as they clashed with Everton) and enjoyed every minute.
Obviously Everton had a crap season with lots of negativity so it was a breath of fresh air to go to the cottage and revel in the performances.
Marco wasn't given much time at goodison so I felt great joy to see what he's capable of given a set of players probably more suited to his chosen style of play.
Looking forward to this season, despite the obvious clash of allegiance with both teams being in the premier League!
Thanks to all the fans in the Hammy End for making me feel welcome.
Cmon Youuu Whiiites 🙌🙌

CheshireWhite

Hello all, I'm CheshireWhite,

I live in Widnes, a small industrial town just outside Liverpool.

I have always identified as a Fulham fan (although Liverpool or Everton would seem the most practical).

I've struggled to get to games previously, had a membership since 18/19, but only attended my first game(s) last season. Blackpool (A), QPR (H), Blackburn (A), Preston (A) and Sheffield United (A), as you can see mainly northern opposition due to my personal circumstances.

I've never been to a Premier League fixture and have a ticket for Wolves (A) next month. Looking forward to contributing and hopefully not fighting relegation down to the wire this season!

049:gif

Barrett487

Quote from: CheshireWhite on July 22, 2022, 09:45:49 AM

Hello all, I'm CheshireWhite,

I live in Widnes, a small industrial town just outside Liverpool.

I have always identified as a Fulham fan (although Liverpool or Everton would seem the most practical).

I've struggled to get to games previously, had a membership since 18/19, but only attended my first game(s) last season. Blackpool (A), QPR (H), Blackburn (A), Preston (A) and Sheffield United (A), as you can see mainly northern opposition due to my personal circumstances.

I've never been to a Premier League fixture and have a ticket for Wolves (A) next month. Looking forward to contributing and hopefully not fighting relegation down to the wire this season!

049:gif
Welcome to the nuthouse CW, look forward to seeing some posts from you, although i see you're already on 9 as i type.

Geneva White

Hi all! I'm Paul aka Geneva White. I live and work in Geneva, where Kevin Mbabu, our new right-back, grew up!

I'm originally from Uxbridge and moved to Switzerland last year for a new job. However, I miss walking down the Thames and having a quick pint at the Crabtree/The Distillers before watching a Fulham game from the H7 block. I grew up supporting different teams but settled on Fulham a few years ago after attending one of their friendly games against Celtic, which used to be an annual thing! But I wished I'd supported Fulham years ago. My dad has a soft spot for Fulham, saying Haynes was one of the best.

I'll be back for the big game later this month. Not against the Scousers, but that lot up the river!

I often watch the games via FFC TV/Canal from the comfort of my new flat. I don't mind watching a Fulham game with one of you guys at a Geneva bar. Just keep an eye out for a big deaf guy!

Anyway, looking forward to getting know you guys better in the coming years!

DadCreature

Hello all!  Have lurked here for a long time, but decided to be open and vocal about my love of FFC this season (last year felt like band-wagoning as FFC just destroyed the Championship).  I've followed Fulham from the States since Brian McBride was there.  Love Bake - he was such a classic player, strong in the air, solid on the ground and always gave his all.  Looking forward to hopefully contributing to the discussion here.  Looking forward to staying up this season!  Cheers All!

Joe

Vlad

Hello everyone, I'm a french fan from Nice in France.
I obvisously support our local team, OGC Nice, but I also love Fulham which has always been my fav english team.
One of my dreams is to attend a game at Craven Cottage and I'll try to fullfil it this October.
I'll probably need some help with that as I'm not sure where in the stadium I should choose my seat.
In what forum/thread should I post about that, btw?

Thanks  082.gif

Logicalman

Quote from: Vlad on September 18, 2022, 05:26:48 PM
Hello everyone, I'm a french fan from Nice in France.
I obvisously support our local team, OGC Nice, but I also love Fulham which has always been my fav english team.
One of my dreams is to attend a game at Craven Cottage and I'll try to fullfil it this October.
I'll probably need some help with that as I'm not sure where in the stadium I should choose my seat.
In what forum/thread should I post about that, btw?

Thanks  082.gif

Welcome Vlad, we appreciate fans from any country and even if we are the second choice!  :003:  As for tickets, this board is the one you want mate, the guys & gals here are the most knowledgeable about FFFC you will ever find, from the history of the club, to where to drink on matchdays, getting tickets, etc.

When you know which game you are interested in I would suggest you visit the FFC main ticket site, https://www.fulhamfc.com/tickets-and-hospitality and also come back on here for any additnal advice.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Vlad

Quote from: Logicalman on September 19, 2022, 05:44:57 PM
Welcome Vlad, we appreciate fans from any country and even if we are the second choice!  :003:  As for tickets, this board is the one you want mate, the guys & gals here are the most knowledgeable about FFFC you will ever find, from the history of the club, to where to drink on matchdays, getting tickets, etc.

When you know which game you are interested in I would suggest you visit the FFC main ticket site, https://www.fulhamfc.com/tickets-and-hospitality and also come back on here for any additnal advice.
Thanks!
I plan to come on october 20th against Aston Villa.

Lazybones

Hello all,

I live in Gippsland in sunny Australia, but I once lived in Battersea 1996-2000.  Some friends back then took me to a Wimbledon game, which was my first taste of live soccer.  Loved it, the atmosphere especially. This captivated me long enough to develop an appreciation for the game itself, which at first glance seemed a bit prissy. As time went on, rather than heading south, more often I got across the river to go to Fulham games. (Chelsea I took an instant dislike to, perhaps because it felt more "north of the river" than Fulham does — or did.)

Watching the World Cup reignited my thirst.  Thanks to the magic of the internet, it looks like I'll be able to see more Fulham games than when I actually lived there. Looking forward to the rest of the season (and beyond).

WhiteJC

Quote from: Lazybones on December 30, 2022, 10:34:14 PM
Hello all,

I live in Gippsland in sunny Australia, but I once lived in Battersea 1996-2000.  Some friends back then took me to a Wimbledon game, which was my first taste of live soccer.  Loved it, the atmosphere especially. This captivated me long enough to develop an appreciation for the game itself, which at first glance seemed a bit prissy. As time went on, rather than heading south, more often I got across the river to go to Fulham games. (Chelsea I took an instant dislike to, perhaps because it felt more "north of the river" than Fulham does — or did.)

Watching the World Cup reignited my thirst.  Thanks to the magic of the internet, it looks like I'll be able to see more Fulham games than when I actually lived there. Looking forward to the rest of the season (and beyond).

welcome Lazybones

we've had a few members from down-under over the years, I hope you feel welcome here at FoF  :54:

rgds
John(WhiteJC)

Lazybones

Quote from: whitejc on January 02, 2023, 11:55:31 AM

we've had a few members from down-under over the years, I hope you feel welcome here at FoF  :54:

Cheers.  Thanks very much :)  It seems like I've got back into it at a good time.  Looking forward to the LC game (which I will see early in the morning tomorrow).

Mcbridles

Hello from Nashville, TN. I started to follow Fulham in 2005-6 when the EPL was only available on an obscure cable channel (Bein Sports) in the US. Why? They were the only team with US players so I just figured why not? Then I fell in love with the team, the Cottage and the club as a whole. Been a loyal friend of Fulham ever since. My dream is to see a match at the Cottage. Hopefully this season as my job is now taking me to the UK. That's the short story. COYW.

Yorkie_FFC

Quote from: Mcbridles on July 26, 2023, 02:48:56 AMHello from Nashville, TN. I started to follow Fulham in 2005-6 when the EPL was only available on an obscure cable channel (Bein Sports) in the US. Why? They were the only team with US players so I just figured why not? Then I fell in love with the team, the Cottage and the club as a whole. Been a loyal friend of Fulham ever since. My dream is to see a match at the Cottage. Hopefully this season as my job is now taking me to the UK. That's the short story. COYW.

I got married in Nashville earlier this year, Gordansville was the town, we stayed in Hendersonville and was in Nashville alot during that week. As to my own affiliations with the club, I am an Army brat, so travelled alot around the UK and abroad and didn't really have a club that I could regularly watch. Now living in West Yorkshire but got into Fulham mainly as when I moved out of home for work, I wanted to find a club and even though a bit of trek for home games, I enjoy the area and meet friends that live in London and enjoy the match experience. I do get questioned alot why Fulham, but when you explain to them why would I want to spend £50 to go to a match in Beeston in Leeds (Leeds United) which isn't exactly on anyone's 1st choice of nice areas to visit they understand. Decent football, friendly fans and a nice atmosphere is for me what makes the club special. I suppose in a way a "tourist fan" but I don't just go for the glory games.

Cowperc

Hi everyone...

My name is Chris. I live in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA. My sister did a semester in London back in the 90s and my parents and I went to visit. I said we could do whatever tourist attractions they wanted, as long as I got to experience a legitimate football match. Fulham was home, so that's where we went. The experience was incredible. I've been a casual fan ever since.

For 20+ years, I've barely paid attention...took note of relegations and promotions, got excited for the Clint Dempsy years, etc. But I could never actually watch the matches, so it was always peripheral at best.

A couple years ago, I stumbled across a Fulham match on one of the streaming services and was thrilled to realize I could start watching regularly. I've been increasingly engaged - the Mitro drama, the Palhinha drama, the Silva drama, the search for a striker, the devastating late-game collapses, the massive wins that nobody expected - I'm eating it all up.

Willian is a joy to watch. My favorite player right now, and it's not particularly close.

For the fellow Americans on the board: my other teams are the Florida Gators, NY Giants, NY Rangers, Mets, & Knicks.

::scarf::

WhiteJC

welcome Chris

we've had many fellow supports living in the States, both ex-pats and natives, hopefully you'll not have to face the same "lows" as some of us have had to suffer

some of my favourite Fulham players, Ream, Dempsey, McBride, Bocanegra have been US nationals so long live Fulamerica  ::scarf::

rgds
John(WhiteJC)