watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we ever introduced ourselves?

Started by Airfix, November 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

... 076.gif to Friends Of Fulham Patterson, one Canuck you didn't mention was the pocket dynamo, Paul Peschisolido! I hope you enjoy this site and post regularly,,!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Patterson

Quote from: LBNo11 on July 13, 2012, 12:22:29 AM
... 076.gif to Friends Of Fulham Patterson, one Canuck you didn't mention was the pocket dynamo, Paul Peschisolido! I hope you enjoy this site and post regularly,,!

Of course!  A bit before my time though, so I never got to see him play.  I've seen a few highlights here and there, but no more than that.  Was he a popular player during his time here?  I've seen Radz mentionned in the "worst Fulham players" thread, so I dare not ask :P

I look forward to posting fairly often and in the process, learn a lot about the history of the club.  Thanks for the warm welcome!
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

valdeingruo

Quote from: Patterson on July 13, 2012, 01:24:41 AM
Quote from: LBNo11 on July 13, 2012, 12:22:29 AM

Of course!  A bit before my time though, so I never got to see him play.  I've seen a few highlights here and there, but no more than that.  Was he a popular player during his time here?  I've seen Radz mentionned in the "worst Fulham players" thread, so I dare not ask :P

I look forward to posting fairly often and in the process, learn a lot about the history of the club.  Thanks for the warm welcome!

Pesch had some amazing goals, you should look 'em up.

Welcome
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

OZ-WHITE

G,Day from Melbourne Australia , have been a Fulham Fan for a long time , I tried to join the forum last year but my email address got blocked for some reason , all fine now , its going to be a very interesting season and I,m looking forward to Marcello " The Hoof " Trotta and Karim " Mini Messi " Frei getting more game time

oztralian  082.gif

If it wasn't for the medication I,d be chewing on your skin

LBNo11

Quote from: OZ-WHITE on July 19, 2012, 01:44:45 PM
G,Day from Melbourne Australia , have been a Fulham Fan for a long time , I tried to join the forum last year but my email address got blocked for some reason , all fine now , its going to be a very interesting season and I,m looking forward to Marcello " The Hoof " Trotta and Karim " Mini Messi " Frei getting more game time

oztralian  082.gif

...G'day sport, and  076.gif we have one or two others from that big brown land of yours - hence the  :down_under: smiley to help them know which way is down. Hope you enjoy the FoF experience - hooroo...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

gerrys

Well........born in Woking (a long time ago) and went to school in Chertsey, started "following" Fulham in the great-escape days of the early-sixties, partly because of Johnny Haynes and partly as they were the nearest 1st division club to home. Finally managed to go to the Cottage when I started work in 1966 but do not remember who they played. In 1974 I left the country and had to go across the border into Switzerland to see the FA Cup Final in 1975. I gradually lost track only managing very rarely to get to see a match. Then somebody invented the internet and Ryanair/Easyjet made travel so much easier so now I do manage to get a few games in every year. Last year I managed to see QPR, Newcastle and Wolves. I couldn't have chosen better, could I? Always hoping that Fulham get drawn against Italian or Swiss teams so that I can get in some away games.

Matt_Keen

Hello, just to introduce myself as it's my first post here.
I'm Matt, I'm 27, have been a Fulham supporter since 1992 when my Dad took me along to the Cottage for the first time. (A loss against Port Vale!)
I guess I kind of got dragged into being a Fulham supporter by the aforementioned old man, he's been a Fulham supporter since the late '50s, so remembers the Halcyon days of Marsh, Best and Moore, although I like to think that we've rebuilt a squad over the past few years that will be remembered for a long, long time.

I was a season ticket holder between 1998 and 2003, although I no longer have an ST, I still go reasonably often, unfortunately I tend to have far too many hobbies to really commit to one fully!!
When I'm not busy watching/talking/living/breathing all things Fulham, I'm normally power kiting/kite boarding and motorcycling.

Like most men my age, I enjoy a good drink from time to time, especially where there's football involved!!

I grew up in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire and following 11 years living in Milton Keynes, returned here last year.

Favourite players over the years have been Jim Stannard, Mike Conroy, Pesch, Geoff Horsfield, Morgs, McBride (Obviously) and Dempsey... There are far, far more, but you get the gist...!

Anyway, that's enough of my rambling for now!

WORTHINGFULHAM

Ok so it all began back in 1986 when i was taken to a fulham game by my late grandad, i never looked back.
Lower league football was all i knew and i loved it, terraces, inflatables, kenny achangpong, leeeeerroy, clive walker, big jim stannard, ivor, etc are the memories i hold dear.
The buzz of pulling a big team in a cup was quality,  the faces at the cottage when we only got a few thousand and i was one of the faces. i remember fulham clubcall, who else remembers that? Lol
i held a season ticket for 15 years and even though my job now means working weekends i am still a regular attender....well as much as lets me.
I introduced some pals from worthing also, mallet, leaver as well as my bruv russ.
Russell , leaver and mallet all still go regularly and keep the flag flying.
I didnt miss a home european game in our cup final year also making sofia, rome, hamburg semi and of course the final.
Where we are now is incredible and a far cry of the 80s, i guess newer fans only know us in the prem so dont really know how it used to be and can only base things on what they know.
This is going to an exciting season, viva jol, long live fulham.

Shredhead

Welcome, WORTHINGFULHAM. I live in Brighton and work in Worthing so its good to know there are a few more South Coast Whites around. I've only ever seen one person wearing a Fulham shirt in Worthing - he worked in the greengrocers that used to be in the Guildbourne Centre. There're a few on the train up from Brighton who go to Putney, so maybe see you in the Bricklayers.

I've just got my first season ticket for me and my 6 year old daughter - following in the footsteps of my grandfather who had an adult and junior season ticket so he could take my Dad and cousins.

COYW!
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

ffcfulham

im ross 16 and have had a season ticket for 2 years now was drawn to ffc because they are local and i like the stadium and the team i know love ffc and cant wait till saturday
WE ARE FULHAM FFC
@ffcfulham

GodfatherJol

I'm Tom, I'm 18, and I've been a Fulham fan since 2004. Prior to that I was a little lost, supporting Arsenal purely because they were successful. A friend had a birthday, and as he was a Fulham fan who knew the kit man at the time (Pudsey!), we got a tour of Loftus Road and met the team (Boa Morte even got undressed in front of us, which was a little surreal). We beat Leeds 2-0 that day, and ever since then I've been in love with the club!

I don't make it to many games each season, but I try my best. A few years back my dad (a Tottenham fan, unfortunately) won a competition, and we got to use what was at the time the 'Pipex Lounge' as we drew 3-3 with Villa.

I've managed to make it to a few Europa League games, the best of which being the 2-1 win against Shakhtar Donetsk.

My personal favourite match that I've ever attended, however, has to be the FA Cup match against Tottenham in 2011. As mentioned before, my dad is a Spurs fan, so being sat next to him in the Hammy End as we swiftly put 4 past them was the sweetest of all victories.

I've been meaning to join FoF for a long time since becoming disillusioned with Cottage Corner, and as the latter has now closed, there seemed no better time to join what seems like a great Fulham board!

SaltfordWhite

Hello,

You may guess whereabouts I reside by looking at my username. Saltford is a small town/village in between Bath and Bristol, but I originally hail from Chelsea, and lived in Putney / Roehampton and then out into leafy Surrey before I moved down here with work.

My uncle has been a Fulham since forever, but as a kid I was a brainwashed (by my old man) to be a Spurs fan, and he thought it would be a good idea for him to surprise me and take me to the Cottage to see Fulham take on Spurs in the FA Cup.  It might have been 1982, I think?

Anyway, I didn't twig until I got to the ground and then it dawned on me that I was about to see my heros, play.  And see them I did.  But during that first half, something happened and it is something that my Dad has still never forgiven me for.

For some reason that I can't explain, I swapped sides at half time. Half of the Hammersmith End was Spurs, and the other half Fulham and I asked my Dad if I could cross the line and stand with my Uncle (much to his delight) and be a Fulham fan.

That was that then.

Living where I do and with a young family it's difficult to go as much as I used to, or as much as I would like but that doesn't stop me being an avid fan and spreader of the word down in the West Country!

TommyFFCGun

Hi all

Having realised to my disgust the Offal MB has bene shut down I find myself here. Me 37, grew up in Fulham having been born in Hammersmith. Went to Muster School and now live in Surrey. I run my own business. I honestly can't remember my first Fulham game but was taken by my uncle and grew up with the team of the early 80's when we so nearly made it to Division 1. Houghton, Lewington, O'Driscoll, Locke, Strong, Brown and of course Ivor were the mainstays of the team then. I have briefly flirted with glory hunting but returned to my roots soon enough and well have been here ever since. It is funny I found this thread as I was thinking my first message should be a post along these lines. Top idea. I used to post on the Offal board under this moniker a long time ago but increasingly found it difficult to engage with intelligent people as they seemed to be in the minority. Do any people from this board meet up for games as work committments have kept me away from a season ticket for some time but I would like to meet a Fulham crowd for games. COYW

theotherdembele

Hi everyone

Been a fulham fan for aslong as i can remember, this is the first forum i've ever joined although i regularly find myself on this site reading all your opinions and comments, used to live in putney and had a season ticket for the last 3 seasons until last year when i moved to dubai so unfortunately cant attend any games now but on the plus side i get to watch every fulham game on tv live :)

ffcitaly

Hi all,
I didn't notice this thread on the forum.
Born in Milan,half of my family is from the Uk.
I support FFC from more than 10 years.
34 years old,I'm partner in an international family office,we invest in the green energy and real estate field.
My main interests are Fulham,beer,music,travelling,reading,dogs/cats and  cigars.
I've been in quite a few grounds in the UK and nearly in every major stadium in Italy.
:beer:

davfel

Hey! I am a 40 yr old living in Stockholm, Sweden. Used to live in London between the age of 7 to 10 (East Sheen and Barnes). Went to the Swedish School on Lonsdale Road in Barnes. I used to play 5-a-side football in swedish team in a sports hall next to Craven Cottage. Never been to a Fulham game. Just been to a Nottingham Forest vs Watford FC game while lived there, and Arsenal vs Tottenham game. I hope I will attend a Fulham game this season. It's definitly on my agenda.

Cheers
Dave

COYW

FFC_Torino_Italy

Hi all, i'm Daniele from Torino, Italy; i follow FFC since the promotion in EPL, my first game was against WestHam (lost 0-1, Kanoute......) in Putney End. I came to the cottage many many times during these last years, international member, plus other away matches like Portsmouth (the great escape), Birmingham and Europa League (Basel, Torino obviously and the final at Hamburg).
Everytime i follow a game, my little flag is always with me (you can see it in the picture).
COYW forever
:scarf:

Kell

well, Having been asked to formally introduce myself...here goes.My name is Paul and I am a child of the early 60's and was born south of the river, My first Fulham game was in 72 which was against Brighton which we won 5-1, In those days we used to go and see the scum 1 week and Fulham the other. When I left school I joined the Royal Navy so I missed a lot of games until around 83/84 season.
I travelled to Berlin, Split and Zargreb in the UEFA CUP and Basel, Turin and Hamburg twice. As a regular away traveller and a home season ticket holder since 2000 I have experienced many ups and downs with Fulham. Would I change a thing...NO. See you tomorrow at old trafford

whiteinedinburgh

Hi I'm Lewis ,26, from Edinburgh. Branded from birth as a Hearts supporter, whom I dearly love, 5 or 6 years ago I started to feel drawn to Fulham. As time has passed my feeling towards The Whites has grown from a casual fondness to a love that is comparable to that of my beloved Hearts. I've still to go to my first match but I am traveling down this September to watch the West Brom game, can't wait. I've noticed there is a few supporters clubs from around the world but annoyingly not from Scotland, this can hopefully be remedied over the next few years.

Cheers

BishopsParkFantastic

This is my first contribution to this forum, having been a regular reader of the FoF daily Fulham stuff. I'm a Fulham fan since the 1958/59 season, when my dad took me to see Fulham play Derby in the days of Haynes, Mullery, Lowe and Jimmy Hill et al - our promotion year to the olde divison 1. I remember, aged 9, standing on the terracing in front of the 'Johnny Haynes' stand in a packed ground, with children being passed over the heads of people to reach the front to get a better view! For me, this was one of the most memorable matches I've been to, alongside both of Fulham's semi-final FA cup matches against Birmingham (1976) and recent semi-final victory in the Europa cup over Hamburg.

Favourite player of all time: the maestro Johnny Haynes. Every home match day, from the age of 9 of would run all way down to the ground from my home off Putney Hill, so that I could get to the perimeter fence to get the best, unimpeded view of Johnny Haynes at work. Favourite forward line of all time: Earle, Clarke and Barrett. Best player buy: Alan Clarke (from Walsall); worst player sales: Supermac to Luton (as a full back, sic), Rodney Marsh to QPR and Alan Mullery to Spurs; best years: the 1960's (massive crowds, great players, exciting Fulham team) in olde division one and our move back to Craven Cottage; lost years: when I refused to go to Loftus Road; worst of times: the Bulstrode years.

I think these are hugely exciting times for Fulham: Quality in depth premier squad of players; proposed new stand and increased ground capacity; great young players' set up with international talent coming through; progressive team structure and manager in Martin Jol. This year, my hopes for Fulham to achieve at least a top 10 finish with successful cup runs - next year, with completion of new stand, to get into the Europa league proper.

COYW