more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we ever introduced ourselves?

Started by Airfix, November 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmiMike

QuoteHi Mike, welcome to the fold  076.gif

We have quite a few posters on here from your side of the pond, where are you?

Thanks for the welcome.  I live in Indiana at the moment, though I'm originally from Texas and travel all over the country for business.

Barrett487

Quote from: AmiMike on March 18, 2018, 11:13:42 PM
QuoteHi Mike, welcome to the fold  076.gif

We have quite a few posters on here from your side of the pond, where are you?

Thanks for the welcome.  I live in Indiana at the moment, though I'm originally from Texas and travel all over the country for business.

No problem. I look forward to seeing you post in some of the general topics soon.

Alon_boy

Hi All,

My name is John Sager. I am from Northhampton in the Uk. I like to spend time on football. Fulham is one of my favourite team. Fulham plays speedy football that attracts me more.

Fulham FC plays 22 games in this year and grabs 16 wins. it's a great effort.

FirstCoastFulham

Aaron, 27, from Jacksonville FL (aka the "First Coast" in local parlance, and in my handle). Rather recently became aware of Fulham when a drunk bar patron at my local watering hole opined to me that I should support Fulham because "it's Shahid Khan's team" and it was my duty as a Jacksonvillian football fan to support our favorite billionaire. I guess now that I think of it I was vaguely aware of FFC before, knew some Americans played for them and that they'd once come to the States for an MLS all-star game but I didn't really know too much else except that they hadn't been in the Premier League for a bit and they had some young superstar-in-waiting named Ryan Sessegnon.

Haven't had a chance to watch much but learning the history and club culture, seems like everyone likes Fulham even if they don't support them, a real "family club" ethos, fans that always lean a bit toward optimism with a dash of occasional self-deprecation, never full of themselves, reminds me a lot of my college (American) football team. Let's see, what else is there...oh, Craven Cottage is gorgeous and on my must-see list if/when I ever get to London, and *that* Dempsey goal (thank you Footballia for letting me see that moment) might be the best goal ever scored by an American, anywhere.

Barrett487

Quote from: FirstCoastFulham on May 22, 2018, 01:47:37 AM
Aaron, 27, from Jacksonville FL (aka the "First Coast" in local parlance, and in my handle). Rather recently became aware of Fulham when a drunk bar patron at my local watering hole opined to me that I should support Fulham because "it's Shahid Khan's team" and it was my duty as a Jacksonvillian football fan to support our favorite billionaire. I guess now that I think of it I was vaguely aware of FFC before, knew some Americans played for them and that they'd once come to the States for an MLS all-star game but I didn't really know too much else except that they hadn't been in the Premier League for a bit and they had some young superstar-in-waiting named Ryan Sessegnon.

Haven't had a chance to watch much but learning the history and club culture, seems like everyone likes Fulham even if they don't support them, a real "family club" ethos, fans that always lean a bit toward optimism with a dash of occasional self-deprecation, never full of themselves, reminds me a lot of my college (American) football team. Let's see, what else is there...oh, Craven Cottage is gorgeous and on my must-see list if/when I ever get to London, and *that* Dempsey goal (thank you Footballia for letting me see that moment) might be the best goal ever scored by an American, anywhere.
Thanks for the write up Aaron, nice read. Looking forward to reading more of your posts in other topics.

Btw, a mate has just emigrated to St Augustine... he reckons it's lovely out there  :54:

Cantos

I am Grant and first attended Craven Cottage in 1969 to watch Fulham play Bradford City.

My family on both sides lived in Fulham since 1906 and I lived in Kinnoul Road for a number of years though I was born in Chelsea(oh the shame)
I now live in Hornchurch Essex and see Dean Coney  occasionally

I used to work at the ground during the summer holidays when I was young as my 2nd cousin was club secretary.I believe Hugh Grant was there at the same time, but John Chapman the groundsman always called him college.

Licker-1

Hello everybody, I was on here a few years ago and met several of the members of this forum at the Cottage (Pub) for a few drinks before the game, its one of those Grounds that is so enjoyable to watch an away game, I used to go in the Neutral part of the ground which was always good for banter with the Home fans.
I'm sorry to say I deserted you when you got relegated but its good to see the Whites back in the big time.
In the second half of the season you were almost untouchable and you thoughrally deserved your promotion, so well done and I hope you have a good season.
Bill.

PS .... Is the neutral side of the ground still available. ?? I come from the Blue side of Merseyside.   :dead horse:

FulhamVic

My name is Victor, a Hillingdon-based Fulham fan. I'm a long time reader, but first time poster, of this forum.

I've been a season ticket holder for the last 6 years, initially in the JH (when my nephew used to attend with me) and latterly in the Riverside.

I started watching Fulham during the last Europa League campaign – tickets were cheap, the fans seemed friendly, the stadium had history and the team were good. I attended a few league games that season, and became a season ticket holder the subsequent season.

I grew up following my then local semi-pro team, Hayes (at one time, the "Fulham" of the Conference), but when they merged with their local rivals, Yeading, and changed their name, colours etc, it never felt the same. When they sold their stadium, with no prospect of moving to a new one of their own any time soon after, and a lack of information as to where the club stood, that was the last straw for me, and for many other long-term supporters (they eventually moved to a new stadium last season, but that still seems to be a work in progress).

Ironically my first game at Craven Cottage was Hayes' 2-0 win in the FA Cup in the early 90s – a highlight for Hayes, but a lowlight for Fulham – it was the time of the infamous Alan(?) "Dicks out" chants!

The highlight whilst watching Fulham was undoubtedly last weekend, but the whole second half of this season has been an absolute pleasure, and one unlikely to be matched any time soon.

I've already renewed my season ticket, and I'm looking forward to the new campaign back in the Premier League.

FulhamFrenchFans

Hi there!

Following our contact on Twitter I am happy to introduce myself here!

I have been living in London for 5 years until July 2017 and was living near Craven Cottage (SW6) and then in Putney (SW15).

I knew about Fulham of course because I love football and FFC is an iconic club and some frenchies have been playing for the club. I was first curious because I was hearing the cheers from the crowd from my flat and saw all these supporters in the streets with an incredible atmosphere.

So I first bought a ticket and I was blown off by this atmosphere, the passion and was moved by seeing entire families coming to the stadium, sometimes 3 generations of supporters coming altogether.

Since then I attended the most possible games until sadly I had to go back to France for good. I brought back in my homecountry a piece of Fulham, a piece of my life that will remain forever.

Willing to share news and my passion for FFC to the french public I have created an active Twitter account for french FFC fans (even if all my tweet are bilingual), and you can find it here:

https://twitter.com/FulhamFrench

On this forum, it will be a pleasure to read your thoughts, activities and experiences while following the Whites that will probably move me and make me feel as one of your own :)

Thanks for having me here and I am looking forward to reading you guys!

#COYW

Barrett487

Quote from: FulhamFrenchFans on June 04, 2018, 07:16:16 PM
Hi there!

Following our contact on Twitter I am happy to introduce myself here!

I have been living in London for 5 years until July 2017 and was living near Craven Cottage (SW6) and then in Putney (SW15).

I knew about Fulham of course because I love football and FFC is an iconic club and some frenchies have been playing for the club. I was first curious because I was hearing the cheers from the crowd from my flat and saw all these supporters in the streets with an incredible atmosphere.

So I first bought a ticket and I was blown off by this atmosphere, the passion and was moved by seeing entire families coming to the stadium, sometimes 3 generations of supporters coming altogether.

Since then I attended the most possible games until sadly I had to go back to France for good. I brought back in my homecountry a piece of Fulham, a piece of my life that will remain forever.

Willing to share news and my passion for FFC to the french public I have created an active Twitter account for french FFC fans (even if all my tweet are bilingual), and you can find it here:

https://twitter.com/FulhamFrench

On this forum, it will be a pleasure to read your thoughts, activities and experiences while following the Whites that will probably move me and make me feel as one of your own :)

Thanks for having me here and I am looking forward to reading you guys!

#COYW

Bienvenue

Thanks for posting and welcome to the fold. Hope to see you joining in with other topics in the future.

049:gif

IndyFulhamFan

Hi guys, I'm Nick. I'm new and looking forward to getting to know everybody and talking Fulham football with you. I'm from Indianapolis, Indiana. I love the sport of football and also coach youth travel. Cheers 🍻

Barrett487

Quote from: IndyFulhamFan on June 17, 2018, 05:02:17 PM
Hi guys, I'm Nick. I'm new and looking forward to getting to know everybody and talking Fulham football with you. I'm from Indianapolis, Indiana. I love the sport of football and also coach youth travel. Cheers 🍻
Hi Nick,welcome to the forum. Looking forard to seeing you post in other topics.

Btw... how do you coach 'youth travel'?

bencher

Hello everyone. Here's a little bit about me.

I'm a third generation (or possibly fourth generation) Fulham fan. My great grandfather emigrated to the UK from what is now Belarus around 1900, and settled in Fulham, living on Munster Road. My grandfather grew up there and was a regular at the Cottage. He got married around 1937 and moved to Wandsworth, where my dad grew up. Like many others, my dad tells me he would go with his dad and see whichever of Fulham or Chelsea were playing at home on a Saturday, in the 1950s and 1960s, but they were fundamentally Fulham fans. I grew up in North West London, and, although my dad used to take me and my older brother to Fulham matches a few times a year, I was influenced by my schoolmates and flirted with Arsenal. That was until I saw the light at around age 12 or 13 and devoted myself fully to Fulham. By luck, it would happen to coincide with our promotion season under Micky Adams.

I moved to Israel from London in 2012, and I've been following Fulham mostly through the official website with GJ since then. I have the good fortune now to travel to London once a month for a work, and I try to fit in a visit to the Cottage when I can. I was delighted to be able to get to the Playoff 2nd leg against Derby.

revengeanceful

Hey all!  I'm new around here, but a long-time fan of Fulham.  As an American (Boston, MA area), Fulham has held a special place in my heart since I started paying attention, around the time of Brian McBride and Carlos Bocanegra.  Been following the team very closely over the last few years, and even had the chance to see a match at the Cottage when my wife and I visited London last year.  Excited that we're back in the Premier League and happy to have found a community of fellow supporters!

ramon_rbb

Hi Friends.

I have presented myself in International Fans and I explain, why Fulham? I copy-paste my messages

My name is Ramón and I am from Two Sisters a city of Seville, in Spain. My fauvorite team is Real Betis Balompié, why Fulham is a good question.
To get started, I love the English league, the charm of its stadiums and when I first saw in photo Craven Cottage, I fell in love, wonderful.
Since that day I follow everything I can to Fulham.
The past November of 2013 I fulfilled a dream, I visited Craven Cottage to see a football match, Fulham vs Swansea. I wouldn´t forget this day, the only bad point, the result, defeat.
But see Craven Cottage, see a football match and when the match ended, appreciate the stadium and watch a dream come true, it's fantastic.
This year I want to come back and watch another game.
I have registred to this forum to talk about Fulham, meet other fans and to get better my level of English, I need to improve it  :003: :003:

Regards

btowndoug

Hello fellow Fulham fans,
Another American Fulham fan here, located in Bloomington, Indiana. Been following them loosely since '08, but got serious in '10 when I began doing work regularly with colleagues based in London (who are all Liverpool supporters). I knew football would provide us common ground outside of work, so I began to really pay attention just so that I could talk semi-intelligently (though they still made fun of my American way of pronouncing Tottenham). I learned what the Europa League was as FFC were having their incredible run to the final. I quickly went from casual observer to Fulham diehard!

To step back, "why Fulham?" I have never been a "front runner" or one that chooses the popular team, so knew I would not/could not support any of the top dogs, and when studying the others, thought Fulham were a solid mid-table team with upside. I loved the rich history in London and knew they had a propensity to sign American players. Relegation challenged my resolve. Games harder to find over here. Depressing times with Magath. I recall whining to one of my mates in Bath about maybe not being able to stick with it, especially if they fell another level. And his response, "the team you choose is the team you live and die with. Period." I hung in there and refocused my resolve. I sat by myself in a bar (after begging the owner to put the game on) as we lost to Reading in the playoffs last year and felt so low - realizing how precious those opportunities are. The second half of this past season and playoff run, though incredibly stressful, were the payoff!

I'll be bringing my family to London this March. As it just so happens, we will be there when Liverpool come to the Cottage. I've purchased my FFC membership, but imagine I'll still have a tough go to get tickets for that game, but I am committed.

Come on Fulham!!!

amoens

Hello everybody,

I'm a French Fulham fan based in Grenoble, France. I used to leave in Grenoble between 1999 and 2003, and started to go to Craven Cottage the year we got promoted in the Premier League. My last live game there was a 2-0 victory with an Andy Cole brace, so it lasts a bit now^^.

I mostly follow the French League nowadays as I'm more focused on Ice Hockey than on football now.

Woody_White

Hey guys!

Another member of Fulhamerica here located in Russellville, KY. Been following Fulham since 2004 when we bought Brian McBride. He was my favorite player at the time and I needed an English club to support, so here we are 14 years later. Haven't had the chance to make it to the Cottage for a match yet, but I am definitely hoping to make that happen soon.

Look forward to discussing things with you guys! Preferably in less tense circumstances than after the Palace match! Haha

milis

Hallo guys,

I am 50 years old game developer from Belgrade, Serbia. I am a lifelong supporter of Partizan FC. I was intrigued when Slav came to manage here and started following events around Fulham. I am totally enchanted with charm, atmosphere and the tradition of the club.

COYW!

DaysOfDempsey

Hello everyone!

New joiner here. I've been a Putney resident and Fulham Fan for a good few years now. I used to go to games back in 2011 and 2012 (hence the username!) but unluckily that's way too far back in the past to have any purchase history nowadays.

I'm glad to see the Watford game is now open to members with no history. Unfortunately we're away that weekend, but fingers crossed for the Arsenal one. My fiancée grew up with a Gooner dad and also plenty of trips to Vicarage Road so either of those would be fantastic to get back to the Cottage.

Glad to see this is an active and friendly forum. Looking forward to spending some time here.