Main Menu

Our new forthcoming hero Hector

Started by The old mucker, October 23, 2019, 10:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on October 24, 2019, 11:04:54 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 24, 2019, 10:58:48 AM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on October 24, 2019, 10:44:22 AM
MLM may be a squad player - but I hope we only see him in a dire emergency. Bloody awful defender, physically unsuited to the pace & physicality of the English game, always a mistake in him. Would take Odoi every day of the week over MLM at either LB or CB.

Hector should be a welcome addition though - Ream & Mawson are both decent without being outstanding. Hector is a quick & good ball playing CB with decent physicality. The only reason he's 26/27 and featured for numerous clubs on loan is that Chelsea bought him years ago and loaning their backup players to all & sundry is what they do. They only sold to us as his contract is up in the summer, so the fact Hector hasn't had a permanent club of late and has been loaned many times is no reflection on his ability.

Tim Ream has played more football in the last two and half years (when you also count internationals) than almost any Fulham player. He is starting to play poorly (i.e. not better than MLM) in three game weeks. Give Ream a game off against Middlesbough and one of our other players (MLM, Odoi, S.Sess, Kmac or Christie) can play centre back, then Ream can come back fresh against Hull (like he was against Blackburn earlier this season).

Fair point - chuck Odoi in or even try KMac there. As a 6'2" unit who reads the game well & who's a leader on the pitch, I've always thought he was well suited to playing there - we did put him in there against Soton in the cup & I thought he did well.

Agree with TRF's Ream rotation point. Odoi for me as cover. Sess or Christie (If the "supporters" will give him a bit of support) to slot in to replace Odoi out wide.