Could have done better
3 (2.2%)
Poor
1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: September 03, 2021, 04:46:05 PM

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Blawarmy on September 01, 2021, 06:03:06 PM
Do we know how long Tete will be out for?

I've heard best case scenario early January.....

HectorWeso

Quote from: Statto on September 01, 2021, 07:39:54 PM
Good. Nothing more.

Muniz remains unproven and as good as Wilson has been, we paid £12m for him so he needs to be sometime special to justify that. Quina sounds like a classic opportunistic purchase, ie, we went for Chalobah and someone said "do you fancy picking up another attacking midfielder whilst you're here?"

Outgoing business has to be seen as relatively poor with much of our dead wood still on the books.

Biggest plus was getting Wilson and Gazza in early.

100% agree Statto. Well said. Muniz is unproven. And as good Wilson has been, he needs to be sometime special to justify that. To me Quina sounds like an opportunistic purchase if im honest Chalobah only feels like another random midfielder purchase. Im 100% onboard old chap

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 01, 2021, 04:48:29 PM
Unless we sign a RB, its very good. Excellent would of been with the RB signing.

Newcastle claims that Fulham tried Right Back "Emil Krafth" but he didn't want to leave.

ashteadFFC

Compared to transfers over the last few seasons I would say very good. This is based on keeping players that we would normally lose. New players in seem a good mix - with the Watford lads, Wilson and Gazza. In terms of Muniz - yes he is unproven here - but to be honest I'd rather have him than an ageing premiership striker getting a last pay day - and he clearly someone that the manager wants.

JackHamlet90

Very good window. Great additions kept key players.
Perfect window would have been moving on a little bit more of the dead wood but overall a very impressive window from us

Holders

The retentions are as important as the acquisitions. Pity sbout the yank right back, though.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Caedal

Silva was obviously the key signing in the summer, and the club have clearly backed him. Obviously set our stall out not to have a firesale which has generally helped everything, but Silva's ability to reintegrate the castoff players from last year has been vital. Wilson was a very smart signing, not only because he's a great player at this level and exactly fits how Silva wants to play, but his resale value (if it comes to that) will be much higher than what we paid.

Muniz and Quina are a risk worth taking, with a low risk and insanely high reward if they work out. Chalobah Silva obviously knows, and also has Prem experience.

RB for me is a non issue. We have more than adequate cover in that are, Tete is easily the best RB in the league when he gets back. We have an abundance of options at that position.

I was a little surprised not to see a few outgoings, but thats all dependant on the market for them. Someone like Knockhaert might garner more interest in January for teams looking to push for a playoff place.  Also, which I dont think has been mentioned, Marco might have asked to have until Jan with the squad to properly assess them before we sell anyone. He didnt have a great deal of time prior to the season starting, so maybe he asked for a longer evaluation period

I'm also not worried at all by FFP unlike alot of people on here. The club have shown that they are more than adept at handling that side of the business, even with the yoyoing which makes the process much harder.

MickyAdamsFamily

Caedal, I think that's a very good analysis, and I agree. Silva was the most important acquisition, and his arrival changes so many things about how we play, but also how effective the players are

AJW48361

grandad

A very good window. Proved we were not prepared to be bullied into selling players we did not want to leave. I am fine in Silva not being in a rush to loan out some kids. He hasn´t really had time to fully assess their potential. January will be the time to give them a half season out on loan.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bobby01

Quote from: HectorWeso on September 02, 2021, 12:50:01 AM
Good. Nothing more.

Muniz remains unproven and as good as Wilson has been, we paid £12m for him so he needs to be sometime special to justify that. Quina sounds like a classic opportunistic purchase, ie, we went for Chalobah and someone said "do you fancy picking up another attacking midfielder whilst you're here?"

Outgoing business has to be seen as relatively poor with much of our dead wood still on the books.

100% agree Statto. Well said. Muniz is unproven. And as good Wilson has been, he needs to be sometime special to justify that. To me Quina sounds like an opportunistic purchase if im honest Chalobah only feels like another random midfielder purchase. Im 100% onboard old chap

Really Chalobah random purchase, 1500.gif 1500.gif 1500.gif. Quina is cover for the no10 slot, decent acquisition to my mind.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Mullers OG

Good window.  Excellent recruitment with Silva being the best.  Could in my view have done better offloading one or two more fringe players, although managing to find a club to take Kamara a major plus point.

Arthur

In terms of preparing a potentially promotion-winning squad, it looks as if the window has been excellent.

That there are a few players who are surplus to our needs and whose wages, therefore, we would rather not be paying is a financial burden but not a footballing one: it doesn't make promotion less likely. And if we do go up, the amount involved will be small beer compared to the revenue we shall receive.

General

Good. Nothing more.

+1 - everyone seems to riding a wave of excitement because of results but in all truth our window minus the exception of Wilson has been distinctly average or full of unknowns.

Go through the names

Gazza - many think he's not a steady set of hands

Muniz - unproven although seems an exciting prospect

Chalobah - not his brother and aside from playing a good season under silva years ago has struggled to assert himself regularly at a number of clubs.

Quina - young, potentially exciting, but largely unproven

That leaves Wilson as the only real quality incoming we've made - which for 12m seems.. OK but not a bargain.

The reality is our window has been made better because people worried about losing players, something we've rarely done under the khan's if they've proven valuable to what we're trying to achieve.

Mitro signed a new contract was good and signing Frank to a longer deal was unexpected but a smart move depending on how everything goes for him at Napoli and where that leaves us re commanding a fee if he does go there and performs.

We've a very strong squad but a few players are now at the club without much of a career to look forward to and it seems our financial management, whilst seemingly semi savvy in terms of structuring deals also left us in the position where we've quite a few heavy financial burdens picking up a wage but not contributing and requiring we structure deals in novel ways to just make FFP work.

Deeping_white

Quote from: General on September 02, 2021, 02:33:06 PM
Good. Nothing more.

Chalobah - not his brother and aside from playing a good season under silva years ago has struggled to assert himself regularly at a number of clubs.

He's spent the last 4 years at Watford and made 40 appearances in a promotion winninng team last year?

twang

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 02, 2021, 03:27:23 PM
Quote from: General on September 02, 2021, 02:33:06 PM
Good. Nothing more.

He's spent the last 4 years at Watford and made 40 appearances in a promotion winninng team last year?

Also captained them at times last season.