more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand Issue

Started by Mr Serious, October 25, 2019, 09:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mr Serious on October 25, 2019, 09:24:14 PM
The plans show 7 male toilets, 19 male urinals and 7 male basins, 17 female toilets and 8 female basins serve 4672 people with a 85:15 male:female split.

Are you sure your calculation for the number of toilets in the Riverside Stand is correct, because 7 male toilets are only enough for 1500 men, 19 male urinals are only enough for 900 men, and 17 female toilets are only enough for 300 women? No way the calculations could be that far wrong, there must be some other toilets in the stand somewhere. I am disappointed, if the Riverside stand is only provisioned for a maximum of 300 women ever.

Peabody

Are you sure you are not  just looking at plans for thee lower level?

lomotd

Guys, please don't think a guest account called 'Mr Serious' is being serious. A quick look at the plans he linked to and I counted over 100 cubicles in the new stand and a multitude of urinals & sinks.

lomotd

For the stand (minus spa & residences):

Accessible Toilets: 15
Mixed Cubicle (w. Sink): 18
Female WC: 50
Male WC: 22
Urinal: 29 (+19 more I think haven't been correctly labelled)

Regards,
I.P. Freely

MartyFFC

Genuinely surprised so many have been sucked in by a 'guest account'.... 

_Putney_

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 10, 2021, 09:42:04 AM
Genuinely surprised so many have been sucked in by a 'guest account'.... 

His name is Mr Serious, what more do you want?!

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 10, 2021, 09:20:31 AM
The plans show 7 male toilets, 19 male urinals and 7 male basins, 17 female toilets and 8 female basins serve 4672 people with a 85:15 male:female split.

Are you sure your calculation for the number of toilets in the Riverside Stand is correct, because 7 male toilets are only enough for 1500 men, 19 male urinals are only enough for 900 men, and 17 female toilets are only enough for 300 women? No way the calculations could be that far wrong, there must be some other toilets in the stand somewhere. I am disappointed, if the Riverside stand is only provisioned for a maximum of 300 women ever.

300 women in one place.... that's asking for trouble

filham

If this is right then it has to be corrected which should not prove difficult in view of all the space available under that stand.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: filham on August 10, 2021, 10:18:19 AM
If this is right then it has to be corrected which should not prove difficult in view of all the space available under that stand.

No - it is bullpoo (note also that 'Mr Serious' is a one time guest poster who put this message up in October 2019)!

The actual number of loos across the 3 levels that hold spectators are as follows:

Spectator areas:
19 Male toilets
47 urinals
43 female toilets
10 AWC's

When you factor in the AWC's (unisex/disabled/baby changer WC's) it suggests that the stand has slightly fewer male urinals, but more male WC's and more female WC's than the most recent guidance that the original poster refers to - BS6465 (2009).

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Lordedmundo on August 10, 2021, 10:31:42 AM

No - it is bullpoo (note also that 'Mr Serious' is a one time guest poster who put this message up in October 2019)!

The actual number of loos across the 3 levels that hold spectators are as follows:

Spectator areas:
19 Male toilets
47 urinals
43 female toilets
10 AWC's

When you factor in the AWC's (unisex/disabled/baby changer WC's) it suggests that the stand has slightly fewer male urinals, but more male WC's and more female WC's than the most recent guidance that the original poster refers to - BS6465 (2009).

I count a total of 119 loos for about 10,000 people, which is around 84 people per loo. Is that enough acorrding to the guidelines? and for a football crowd don't we need more urinals?

junior white

Spectator areas:
19 Male toilets
47 urinals
43 female toilets
10 AWC's

Mr Serious, our illustrious guest, only looked at one floor

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 10, 2021, 09:20:31 AM

No standing on the seat Rational Fan
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Quote from: junior white on August 10, 2021, 01:53:57 PM

Spectator areas:
19 Male toilets
47 urinals
43 female toilets
10 AWC's

Are you sure he wasn't right? Can't imagine fans being able to stroll into the hotel, restaurant and sauna to use their bogs at half-time. Sounds to me like Mr Serious "knows his sh1t" as it were.

junior white

Quote from: Statto on August 10, 2021, 02:55:33 PM

Spectator areas:
19 Male toilets
47 urinals
43 female toilets
10 AWC's

Are you sure he wasn't right? Can't imagine fans being able to stroll into the hotel, restaurant and sauna to use their bogs at half-time. Sounds to me like Mr Serious "knows his sh1t" as it were.
Didnt look like t was a hotel on the plans i just looked at but who knows lol

Somerset Fulham

Bazza... Is that you, Bazza.....?

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Statto on August 10, 2021, 02:55:33 PM

Spectator areas:
19 Male toilets
47 urinals
43 female toilets
10 AWC's

I've not included any of the loos in any of the lounges, director's, chairman's area etc.  So, no - the plonka was not right! As other posters have mentioned - he only counted level 00 and did not include any of the loos in the main spectator area on levels 01 and 02.

I've also not included the swimming pool, which can probably be used in an emergency...

ffccornwall

Penfold

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 10, 2021, 01:34:59 PM

Spectator areas:
19 Male toilets
47 urinals
43 female toilets
10 AWC's

I count a total of 119 loos for about 10,000 people, which is around 84 people per loo. Is that enough acorrding to the guidelines? and for a football crowd don't we need more urinals?

If they are mainly corporate seats, less need for urinals. Less liquid taken on board with wines and spirits 😉

Whereas, a new Hammersmith End stand will require plenty of urinals due to the average punter consuming beer 🍻🍻🍻🍻 🤪

Woolly Mammoth

Of course there is always the River Thames.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Kimbleman

I'm not sure you are correct with your count up. The plans show multiple toilets for both chaps and ladies on each level. There's certainly a lot more than nineteen urinals....I've also just noticed that others have already made the point that the OP seemed to have only counted the toilets on one level 😂🤣