https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand Issue

Started by Mr Serious, October 25, 2019, 09:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Quote from: ffccornwall on August 10, 2021, 03:16:25 PM
Amusing thread 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, this sort of wind up is what the Internet was designed for!  Good one.   :plus one:

MartyFFC

I absolutely love the idea that people have spent a portion of their day counting toilets

Andy S

Well done Mr serious you cannot be serious!

Ludlow Richard

Turning this thread to the Hammersmith End. It seemed to me on Sunday that there was a distinct lack of facilities for men (can't comment on the female facilities for obvious reasons).  While there seemed to be plenty of urinals, I could only spot one cubicle in the entire Hammersmith end for male cr*pping. There is also only one disabled toilet near the turnstiles. While Mr Serious may have started a thread about a non-story, there is much more of a problem in the Hammersmith end. I've lost track of the Hammersmith End capacity but one disabled toilet and one men's cubicle is surely well under any sensible bullding minimum standard. And yes I am of an age where toilet availablity is extremely important.

bigalffc

I agree with Ludlow Richard here, the fact that we are more or less pissing against the same wall since I first set foot in the great stadium in 1958 is outrageous, we are paying theatre ticket prices and should be given facilities to match. Match day can be quite challenging for us older supporters.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Huxley

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on August 10, 2021, 11:03:07 PM
Turning this thread to the Hammersmith End. It seemed to me on Sunday that there was a distinct lack of facilities for men (can't comment on the female facilities for obvious reasons).  While there seemed to be plenty of urinals, I could only spot one cubicle in the entire Hammersmith end for male cr*pping. There is also only one disabled toilet near the turnstiles. While Mr Serious may have started a thread about a non-story, there is much more of a problem in the Hammersmith end. I've lost track of the Hammersmith End capacity but one disabled toilet and one men's cubicle is surely well under any sensible bullding minimum standard. And yes I am of an age where toilet availablity is extremely important.
Who goes for a crap at a football stadium anyway? Can't people control their bowel movements? Toilets at Hammersmith Station are cleaner than at the Stadium.

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: Huxley on August 11, 2021, 08:38:27 AM
Who goes for a crap at a football stadium anyway? Can't people control their bowel movements? Toilets at Hammersmith Station are cleaner than at the Stadium.

That's a bit harsh. How about adults who have to take their young children who don't have the same praiseworthy bowel control you have? Or adults who need privacy to deal with their catheter or stoma bag? Or adults who are really caught short by a bout of food poisoning/diarrheoa? Or adults with the known condition of urinary hesitancy? And so on. Bluntly one cubicle for 5,000 plus people is a nonsense.

Woolly Mammoth

Evacuating your Bowels is not something that you can slot in your diary if you are free on that occasion. It even happened to Colonel George Armstrong Custer at the Battle of the Little Big Horn, mind you he was negotiating to avoid being run through by a Sioux War Lance at the time, so he can be forgiven.
The same for many of the French Aristocracy on their way to meet their fate at the Guillotine we're caught short but then again they had a very good reason to.
So I feel you are being rather harsh to expect people to save their bowels functioning until they return home.
Therefore I hope for your sake the next Dump you take is not an angry Hedgehog.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 11, 2021, 03:25:36 PM

Evacuating your Bowels is not something that you can slot in your diary if you are free on that occasion. It even happened to Colonel George Armstrong Custer at the Battle of the Little Big Horn, mind you he was negotiating to avoid being run through by a Sioux War Lance at the time, so he can be forgiven.
The same for many of the French Aristocracy on their way to meet their fate at the Guillotine we're caught short but then again they had a very good reason to.
So I feel you are being rather harsh to expect people to save their bowels functioning until they return home.
Therefore I hope for your sake the next Dump you take is not an angry Hedgehog.
Actual LOL [emoji23]

MartyFFC

I always assumed those who defile public toilets by defecation were either depraved, or just wanted to get their money's worth

Nick Bateman

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 11, 2021, 04:46:31 PM
I always assumed those who defile public toilets by defecation were either depraved, or just wanted to get their money's worth

So you hate Robbie Savage then?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 11, 2021, 04:52:37 PM
Quote from: MartyFFC on August 11, 2021, 04:46:31 PM

So you hate Robbie Savage then?

Graham Poll had a few words to say about that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on August 11, 2021, 09:12:27 AM

That's a bit harsh. How about adults who have to take their young children who don't have the same praiseworthy bowel control you have? Or adults who need privacy to deal with their catheter or stoma bag? Or adults who are really caught short by a bout of food poisoning/diarrheoa? Or adults with the known condition of urinary hesitancy? And so on. Bluntly one cubicle for 5,000 plus people is a nonsense.

Funny enough, my friend had the same problem on Sunday but I didn't want to start another toilet thread!

Dr Quinzel

I actually have a list of stadiums I've curled one out at, and I'm proud of it.

Best? Probably Twickenham or the old Riverside.

Worst? Wembley or QPR.