watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand Issue

Started by Mr Serious, October 25, 2019, 09:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Serious

Just a short post- something I think fans should be aware of whilst the Riverside Stand development is occurring, and I don't think it was ever picked up on anyone during planning.

The number of toilets in the plans for the new stadium is massively under the number required by the latest standards. This will mean queues for bathrooms will actually be worse than at present and will make that already-small concourse feel even smaller.

The plans show 7 male toilets, 19 male urinals and 7 male basins, 17 female toilets and 8 female basins serve 4672 people with a 85:15 male:female split.

BS6465 (2009) states that in football stadia, for that number of people, we require 16 male toilets, 80 male urinals and 32 male basins, 36 female toilets and 18 female basins.

The new stand doesn't even meet historic standards such as he discontinued FSADC guidance (1993) which state that for that number of people, the stand should contain 7 male toilets, 57 male urinals and 14 male basins, 21 female toilets and 11 female basins

All of this is publicly available if someone wants to verify. May be a fairly minor point but we're only going to re-build this stand once, we should get it right and at least meet British standards. And worries me slightly that there could be other standards we might have missed.

filham

Hard to believe that the architect has not followed the British Standard on this matter, are you sure that you have not missed something.

Mr Serious

I'm sure. Check the plans for yourself. The numbers are broken down in the link below too. It's an easy thing to miss as it's rarely checked.

https://www.washroomcubicles.co.uk/how-many-toilets-do-you-need/#sports_entertainment

The latest plans can be found on the LBHF Planning website, number 2019/01880. This link might work too? Check the DAS for the GA Capacity and both bathrooms can be seen on the Level 00 plan.

https://public-access.lbhf.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PTCLMZBI04900

alexbishop

This is probably something that should be flagged to the Fulham Supporters Trust so they can raise it at their next meeting.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Fulham Tup North

So it could be said that at least they are not taking the Pi55  :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

WhiteJC

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on October 25, 2019, 11:09:48 PM

or that we supports won't?  094.gif

Statto

Why do we think it's only level 00 that will be open on matchday, and not the other floors as well?

Statto

Quote from: Mr Serious on October 25, 2019, 11:53:44 PM
Quote from: Statto on October 25, 2019, 11:47:18 PM
Why do we think it's only level 00 that will be open on matchday, and not the other floors as well?

The bathrooms at Level 00 are the only ones available to the 4672 GA supporters.

Where does it say that?

Mince n Tatties

Riverside fans better stay off of the beer before games then.😜

SG

Remember though that the average age of a Riversider means visiting the loo several times before, during and after the game
092.gif

keith

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on October 25, 2019, 11:09:48 PM
Ha ha. Yep, nice one😀

Twig

I agree that the FST should raise this with the FFC Board as a matter of urgency. It's an important point, perhaps the OP has missed something but it can't hurt to raise it.

St Eve

How did we get a building department permit if that is the case?

bobbo

They are drilling holes in the wall backing onto the river.

Hope there's one big enough for me.😂
1975 just leaving home full of hope

ScalleysDad

Quote from: St Eve on October 26, 2019, 01:27:25 PM
How did we get a building department permit if that is the case?

Alas building control and planning departments at most local authorities have, like many Parks departments, been ripped to shreds over the last few years. New Planning legislation and codes of conduct are supposed to make the whole process run smoothly without a pair of highly qualified looking at a set of plans to in effect find fault with the proposal but it does'nt. Here in Exeter a new housing development is being questioned as it nears completion with lots of how, who, when, WHAT!

I hope we have'nt dropped a big fat clanger here.

ianthailand

Peeing into the Thames will be allowed at low tide to allow access to the pier for the ferry.

MartyFFC

Whilst I fully appreciate a further dedicated toilet thread, this should really have been posted on April 1st.....

H4usuallysitting

This will mean pisstools at dawn...poor old dawn

MikeTheCubed

Does the swimming pool count?

Peabody

Quote from: bobbo on October 26, 2019, 02:01:07 PM
They are drilling holes in the wall backing onto the river.

Hope there's one big enough for me.😂
[
You sure Bobbo