1-2
Nottm Forest
Reading
2-1
Millwall

WhiteJC

Fulham 0-3 Hull City

Jarrod Bowen beat Fulham defender Alfie Mawson (right) before scoring

Hull City made it three Championship victories in a row with a clinical display against an out-of-sorts Fulham side.

Josh Bowler put the Tigers ahead with his first professional goal, volleying low past Marcus Bettinelli after his initial effort rebounded back into his path.

Scott Parker brought Anthony Knockaert on at the break but despite dominating possession the hosts went 2-0 down when Jarrod Bowen drilled low into the corner for his 10th goal of the season.

Hull completed the scoring as Bowen's saved shot fell to substitute Tom Eaves, who stumbled as the ball hit him and it trickled over the line.

Fulham have won just one of their past five league games and drop to eighth, while Grant McCann's side are now just a point behind the Cottagers.

Despite boasting an attack featuring Aleksandar Mitrovic, Ivan Cavaleiro, Bobby Reid and Knockaert - and having a staggering 75% of the ball - the home side could only muster a solitary shot on target at Craven Cottage, George Long denying Mitrovic from a tight angle.

On-loan Everton winger Bowler was picked out for the opener by Callum Elder, who was given acres of space to cross from the left by a Fulham defence that remains as unconvincing as last season in the Premier League.

The hosts' end product was equally poor, while at the other end Bowen drove into the box with purpose before shooting across Bettinelli for Hull's second and played his part in the third, scored fortuitously by Eaves.

It was Fulham's first home defeat since August but a third away triumph in four for a rapidly-improving Hull.

Fulham manager Scott Parker said:

"Today is probably the one day I sit here this season disappointed by the way we played, disappointed with the result and the way things panned out.

"We weren't where we needed to be. We've had defeats this year but I felt we were flat today.

"Ultimately what will determine how successful I am personally and how successful this team is is going to be moments like this. Cliché that it is, you've got to bounce back."

Hull City manager Grant McCann told BBC Radio Humberside:

"It's a good result for us. We've come to one of the best teams in the league and controlled the game.

"We did our job to a man, defensively we were outstanding. When we broke we transitioned excellently and the three goals are different scorers.

"As a centre forward when you're judged on goals you just need them to go in and I'm delighted for Tom Eaves because he sprinted to get involved."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50190747

WhiteJC

Head Coach press conference

Scott Parker felt disappointed by the performance of his side for the first time this season following the 3-0 loss at the hands of a ruthless Hull City side on Saturday afternoon.

After the strong point away from home last week in the North-East the Head Coach was looking for his team to build on the result but felt his side was a little flat at the Cottage this afternoon. 

"This is the first time this season where I sit here disappointed," Parker reflected. "Obviously with the way the game went and the way things panned out there is not much I can say.

"We were not where we needed to be today. We have had defeats at home this year but today I felt we were flat.

"We were playing against arguably the best counter-attacking team in the division and the players up front for them exploited that, certainly for their first goal.

"You go down a goal down in this division it proves difficult and today that's what happened.

"We have come off a positive result at Middlesbrough, albeit a draw where I was really pleased with the team's desire and attitude.

"A game of football is always difficult when you go a goal down early on.

"We are disappointed with the way the goal went in. They exploited how flat we were and ultimately, what will determine how successful I am personally and how successful this team is, will be moments like this.

"A cliché as it is, we have to bounce back and go again next week."

After going into the break one goal behind Fulham came out in the second half looking to fight their way back into the encounter.

However, after dominant 10 minute opening a punishing counter-attack saw the lead doubled for the Tigers.

"I felt like when they scored their second goal, we were in the ascendancy," he said. "Mitro has a good chance on the stroke of half-time, which didn't fall for us.

"At the time, I felt if we can stick with the way we wanted to play and get in the right areas, we will break this team down, but it wasn't the case and they went and scored a second.

"We tried to mix up the game and put it in wide areas and then went a little bit more direct later on in the game.

"They dealt with it well. Teams come here and we are a big scalp for them and we need to be ready for a battle each week."

When asked about his style of play and philosophy in his post-match press conference the Head Coach was quick to point out that the possession leads to opportunities on goal.

"I hear a lot that this team is a possession based team," he stated. "That we lack an impetuous.

" We are top in this division in shots on goal, shots on target.

"We are obviously doing something right. We are getting the ball into the right areas.

"No other team in this league is hitting the target more than us.

"I hear people saying our possession game is slow.

"I would understand peoples opinion regarding how I want to play and also the identity of how this team wants to play if we weren't creating chances and hitting the target.

"From the first week people have been pointing fingers regarding this element of our game.

"Yes we have a lot of possession and if I feel like we carry on like that things will turn for us.

"That is the team I want us to be.

"We lost the game today fair and square. We weren't anywhere near the level we needed to be and that's it."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/november/02/parker-press conference-hull

WhiteJC

Fulham slump to dismal home defeat

Fulham 0 Hull 3

Stuttering Fulham's erratic form continued with a dismal defeat at a windswept Craven Cottage.

Goals by former Whites academy player Josh Bowler in the first half and from Jarrod Bowen and Tom Eaves in the second won it for Hull City, as Scott Parker's men laboured for long periods and struggled to create opportunities.

Parker had, pre-match, expressed that Fulham were ready for the task -mbut the hosts found Hull in determined and organised mood throughout.

The Whites suffered an early blow when Joe Bryan took a knock in the first minute from Bowler, with the defender subsequently replaced by Maxime Le Marchand.

Recalled Fulham keeper Marcus Bettinelli – one of two fresh inclusions along with Stefan Johansen from the scoreless draw at Middlesbrough – was tested by a Kamil Grosicki effort inside the penalty area, before the Tigers took the lead.

And it was Bowler – who also had a spell with QPR and is on loan from Everton – who opened the account after nine minutes.

The winger managed to force the ball home from close range, taking advantage of some slack attention by Le Marchand, following good work on the left by Grosicki and a cross by Callum Elder.

Fulham were strangely lethargic for spells in the first half and occasionally susceptible to quick breakaways by the confident visitors.

In fact, it took until the 31st minute before Tigers keeper George Long was properly drawn into action, when he got down well to thwart a rifling shot by Aleksandar Mitrovic.

The move was, finally, a well-worked one, with the Serbian striker set up by Johansen on the right-hand side. Cavaleiro could perhaps have done better moments later against Long from an acute angle.

Yet for all the promptings by Tom Cairney and work by Mitrovic and Cavaleiro in particular, Fulham were finding it difficult to impose themselves on Grant McCann's side.

Denis Odoi managed to flash a header over in the search for an equaliser but the impressions from the Whites were fairly muted.

Parker opted to make a change at half-time, sending on the energetic Anthony Knockaert for Bobby Decordova-Reid.

Again, however, Fulham appeared vulnerable to the pacy Tigers – and it was little surprise when Bowen weighed in with his 10th goal of the season.

The Hull winger fastened on to a searching pass by Jackson Irvine on 56 minutes, and with Alfie Mawson off balance inside the penalty area, he drove the ball low into the far corner of the net.

Fulham subsequently sent on Abou Kamara for Odoi in an attempt to add an attacking edge but it was to no avail, with the Whites lacking imagination, and sloppy at times in possession, where even talisman Mitrovic was well shepherded by the Tigers' rearguard.

Indeed, the prospect of further counter-attacking punishment came to fruition in the 84th minute when Hull sealed the affair.

Substitute Eaves pressed the ball home from a rebound, when Bettinelli did well enough to initially deny flighty Bowen on the break.

Fulham, having missed a good opportunity to forge towards the play-off positions, can ultimately have no complaints on a dull afternoon which they will want to quickly forget.

Fulham: Bettinelli, Odoi (Kamara 60), Mawson, Ream, Bryan (Le Marchand 4), Decordova-Reid (Knockaert 46), Reed, Cairney, Johansen, Mitrovic, Cavaleiro.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-slump-to-dismal-home-defeat-against-hull

WhiteJC

Fulham outclassed by Tigers

Fulham missed the chance to move into the Championship's top six after Hull City produced the perfect smash and grab performance to win 3-0 at Craven Cottage this afternoon.

The Whites came into the game on the back of a 3-2 home win against Luton, followed by a gritty 0-0 draw at Middlesbrough, a point made all the more valuable after the sending off of goalkeeper Marek Rodak.

But despite dominating the ball for large chunks of this game, Fulham were caught out by a trio of sucker punches from the Tigers, first from former Whites academy player Josh Bowler then, as Fulham pushed for an equaliser in the second half, from Jarrod Bowen, one of the division's brightest prospects, who notched his tenth of the season. Substitute Tom Eaves rounded off the scoring with seven minutes to go.

Fulham Boss Scott Parker made two changes to the team that drew at Middlesbrough last week, Marcus Bettinelli replacing the suspended Rodak in goal, and Stefan Johansen, arguably Fulham's best player today, in for Josh Onomah.

The game started badly for the home side when Joe Bryan was forced off after just three minutes, replaced by Maxime Le Marchand after a nasty looking injury in the opening seconds.

Hull, coming into the game on the back of victories against Nottingham Forest and Derby, were quicker out of the traps, Kamil Grosicki's left-footed shot stinging the hands of Bettinelli after just four minutes.

And barely five minutes later the visitors were ahead, Calum Elder's cross from the left was well controlled by Bowler, on a season-long loan from Everton, and lashed past Bettinelli in an instant, sending the travelling fans wild in the rain.

Fulham rallied, and Tim Ream should have done better when played in down the Hull right, shooting straight at George Long in the visitors' goal.

Then Ivan  Cavaleiro's ball found Johansen on the right edge of the Hull box. Johansen helped the ball on to Aleksandar Mitrovic but the striker's tame effort was easily held by Long.

Soon after good link-up play between Mitrovic and Tom Cairney in the centre of the park released Cavaleiro down the left, but again the effort was straight at the keeper.

There were further efforts from Mitrovic and Denis Odoi for Fulham, before the former headed Fulham's best chance of the half wide of the left-hand post when free in the centre of the box bang on half-time.

And the home side were to rue their succession of missed chances in the first half. Despite starting the second period on the front foot, they were hit on the break by Hull on 56 minutes.

Bowen latched on to a long ball from Jackson Irvine, turned Alfie Mawson one way then the other, and planted a right-footed shot into the bottom left of Bettinelli's goal for his 10th of the season. The striker notched 15 goals in 2017-18, 20 last year and is on target to beat that once again this term.

Fulham huffed and puffed, but the second goal had proved the killer, and as the Whites threw more bodies forward, Hull rubbed salt into the wounds by adding a third on 83 minutes.

Clean through on goal, Bowen's shot was saved by Bettinelli, but as Eaves tried to control the rebound it bounced comically off his shin and rolled apologetically into the net. Game over.

Fulham were one of the favourites to bounce straight back to the Premier League after last season's relegation, but they remain in eighth place, five points off the automatic promotion spots, and there is much for Parker to ponder.

Fulham: Bettinelli, Odoi (Kamara), Mawson, Johansen (yellow), Mitrovic, Cairney, Ream, Decordova-Reid (Knockeart), Cavaleiro, Reed (yellow), Bryan (Le Marchand)

Hull: Long, Lichaj, De Wijs, Burke, Toral (Stewart), Grosicki, Bowler (Eaves), Bowen, Elder, Irvine (yellow, Honeyman), Da Silva Lopes

Referee: Keith Stroud

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/2019/11/02/Fulham-outclassed-by-Tigers

WhiteJC

Fulham 0-3 Hull: Tigers crush Scott Parker's side at Craven Cottage
Report and highlights from the Sky Bet Championship clash at Craven Cottage

Fulham's fragility on the road finally came home to Craven Cottage as the London side were convincingly beaten 3-0 by Hull.

A proud record of having lost just one of their previous 23 home games at Championship level always looked in jeopardy from the moment Josh Bowler swept the visitors in front after just 10 minutes.

Second-half goals from Jarrod Bowen and Tom Eaves secured a third straight impressive win for Grant McCann's Tigers, having previously seen off Nottingham Forest and Derby.

Fulham full-back Joe Bryan fell in a challenge with less than two minutes played and was unable to continue after a lengthy stoppage.

Bryan was still hobbling along the touchline when the ball suddenly fell to Kamil Grosicki on the edge of the Fulham area, but the Poland international saw his low shot saved by Marcus Bettinelli. It was a warning Fulham did not heed.

Interplay between Grosicki and Callum Elder on the left wing six minutes later ended with the latter swinging over a high cross that held up in the swirling wind.

Bowler headed it against Bryan's replacement Maxime Le Marchand but connected much more convincingly as the ball rebounded to him, volleying it past Bettinelli.

The visitors might have added to their lead in the 25th minute but Jon Toral's shot struck team-mate Bowen in the back and skidded to safety.

Fulham, by contrast, could barely string two passes together in the opening half hour. The conditions were hardly conducive to flowing football, yet not so wild as to justify the hosts' waywardness.

When they did awaken, a passing move which took them from the halfway line to the edge of the Hull area ended with Aleksandar Mitrovic turning a Stefan Johansen pass into the midriff of Hull 'keeper George Long.

If the second period began with a sustained period of Fulham dominance, it was in the name of possession and territory rather than chances created.

https://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-hull-city/report/409522

WhiteJC

Birmingham City dealt major blow for next three matches against Fulham, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday

Blues captain Harlee Dean was sent off in injury time as Pep Clotet's side slipped to a 4-2 defeat to Cardiff City in the Championship

Birmingham City will be without captain Harlee Dean for the next three matches following his dismissal in today's 4-2 loss at Cardiff City.

After dominating the opening period of the game Blues were trailing 3-2 in second half stoppage time when Dean was shown a straight red card for a challenge on Joe Ralls.

The defender jumped up to win a header and seemed to catch the Cardiff midfielder, who would end up scoring a hat-trick, with his arm and was instantly dismissed by referee Andrew Madley.

That will mean Dean is suspended for next week's visit from Fulham as well as the trips to Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday - unless Blues can mount a successful appeal.

It was the second red card of a feisty game, with Madley also sending off Danny Ward for a two-footed lunge on Kerim Mrabti at the start of the second period.

Chelsea  loan youngster Jake Clarke-Salter is the obvious candidate to come in alongside Dean's defensive partner Marc Roberts.

The 22-year-old has made one Championship start since joining Blues in the summer.

Madley did  not endear himself to Blues at all during the game in which he awarded Cardiff a penalty from a corner and also turned down their appeals for their own spot-kick late on.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-dealt-major-blow-17191168

WhiteJC

Parker Must Step Down Now, As He Shows His Managerial Ineptitude Once Again

Scott Parker's season start as Fulham's young manager should end sooner rather than later.

I am not an advocate of sacking and replacing due to a few losses, but when a boss cannot see that the tactics his instils in his players are not working, he has to have an alternative plan. He has stated previously that his style of play is the right way, and the way forward.

Once again the stats show that the Whites had a huge percentage of possession against Hull City, but we only managed 1 shot on target against Hull's five. Even with the corner tally of nine to one for Fulham, they could not find the target once.

Parker fielded a side full of attacking options, but other teams know how to approach them, and when to attack. He seems to lack the knowledge of how to change things up. We are lucky that no teams are running away from the rest, and the gap is still reachable. This is why the time is right to bring in a proven manager.

I would however love to see Parker retained as the Assistant to the new gaffer and spend another season or two before he gives managing another shot.

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/parker-must-step-down-now-as-he-shows-his-managerial-ineptitude-once-again/

WhiteJC

'Flat' Fulham must bounce back – Parker

Scott Parker said his Fulham side fell short of his expectations for the first time this season after a dismal 3-0 defeat at home against Hull.

Having battled resolutely with 10 men to earn a point at Middlesbrough last weekend, the Whites found themselves behind early on when substitute Maxime Le Marchand lost sight of the ball before former Fulham academy player Josh Bowler steered it home – much to Parker's irritation.

"It was a tough day," Parker said. "Today's probably the one day this season I say I'm disappointed with the way we played, the result, and the way things panned out. I didn't think we were where we needed to be.

"I felt an edginess in the stadium. We came off a positive result at Middlesbrough – albeit a draw – I was really pleased with the team, the attitude and desire they showed.

"But a game of football's always difficult when you go a goal down early on. I'm disappointed with the way that goal went in.

"We've had defeats this year at home, but I just feel that we were flat. We were playing against arguably the best counter-attacking team in this division with the three players they have up front – they exploited that in the first goal.

"When you go a goal down in this division, it proves difficult."

He added: "When they scored first, I felt we were in the ascendancy.

"We had a couple of half-decent chances; Mitro has a good chance just on the stroke of half-time that didn't fall.

"Going in at half-time I felt that, if we can stick with this and get it in the right areas, we'll break this team down. That wasn't the case. They go and score a second, and from that point it proved bitterly difficult for us.

"They defended very well. We tried to mix up the game, get it in wide areas and cross, try and go longer later in the game, and they dealt with that well.

"Teams come here and we're a big scalp for them, and rightly so. I get that. We need to keep living up to that challenge and go from there."

Boos rang out around Craven Cottage at the final whistle, with the result leaving the Whites just outside the playoff places after a third of the season gone.

But Parker believes result is a mere blip as his team fight to get back to winning ways.

"Ultimately, what will determine how successful I am personally, and how successful this team are, is moments like this," he said.

"Cliché as it is, we've got to bounce back. That's the world we're in. One defeat and people are pointing fingers. We need to go again."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/flat-fulham-must-bounce-back-parker

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Full Time: Our Initial Reactions To Fulham's 3-0 Loss To Hull City

Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

In this episode Emilio Di Nello who was at Craven Cottage shared his view on this horrible 3-0 loss for Fulham. He also shared his thoughts on Scott Parker. Take a listen!

You can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2019/11/2/20945503/cottage-talk-full-time-our-initial-reactions-to-fulhams-3-0-loss-to-hull-city

WhiteJC

Tenacious Tigers punish flat Fulham

This was the most dispiriting defeat of the season for Scott Parker. Any positives from last weekend's battling point at Middlesbrough, where the Whites held out for more than seventy minutes with ten men, were swept away as Hull underlined their own promotion credentials with a polished performance well worthy of picking up all three points at Craven Cottage.

Parker can ill afford many more slip ups with a testing run of fixtures in the lead up to Christmas. Fulham's faltering start to the season has yet to prove terminal to their hopes of returning to the Premier League, largely as a result of no clear front runner emerging in the promotion race, but – with Shahid Khan and Tony Khan in attendance ahead of the Jaguars' visit to London this weekend – this was a poor time to put in their worst performance of the campaign.

The home side never really recovered from the early loss of Joe Bryan, who sustained a shoulder injury in a high challenge with Josh Bowler. His replacement Maxime Le Marchand never looked comfortable at left back and was beaten far too easily at the far post by Bowler when Kamil Grosicki, who had seen an early shot saved by Marcus Bettinelli, and Callum Elder cleverly worked an opening on the left. The ball ricocheted off the Frenchman but Bowler was quickest to react – volleying his first senior goal beyond Bettinelli with aplomb.

Grant McCann's side would have been forgiven for protecting their precious lead, but buoyed by their recent victories over Nottingham Forest and Derby County, they were eager to add to their lead. The Tigers were a threat throughout on the counter attack and might have extended their advantage before half-time had the impressive Jarrod Bowen not inadvertently blocked a shot from Jon Toral.

Fulham again enjoyed more than the lion's share of possession, but struggled to do anything with it. Their passing was well below par, typified by a hesitant performance from captain Tom Cairney in the middle of the park. Aleksandar Mitrovic looked horribly isolated up front, with Bobby Decordova-Reid sacrificed for Anthony Knockaert at half-time in search of more creativity. Parker's side managed just one shot on target in the ninety minutes – a simple save for George Long when Mitrovic spun away for his man to finish the one first-half move of note – but the Serbian spurned an even better opportunity when he headed a corner wide from close range at the end of the first half.

The home side were looking much livelier at the beginning of the second half, but some excellent defending from the outstanding Jordy de Vijs and a lack of a telling final ball preserved Hull's lead. Parker's side huffed and puffed but they were picked off by a clinical counter-attack. Jackson Irvine bisected the Fulham defence with a beautifully measured pass and Bowen, a menace all afternoon, found the bottom corner with the coolest of finishes.

To all intents and purposes, that was the game done and dusted. Parker sent on Aboubakar Kamara but Fulham's surfeit of forwards seemed only to get in each other's way. Hull looked the likelier to add to the scoreline and the classy Grosicki was unfortunate not to a grab for himself when he strode past Denis Odoi and drove wide of the near post.

Fulham's final indignity was the calamitous nature of Hull's third goal six minutes from the end. Bowen burst through the remnants of the home defence and, although Bettinelli saved the Welsh forward's low shot with his feet, the rebound fell kindly for substitute Tom Eaves, who had the simplest of finishes from close range. On this evidence, McCann's men look a far surer bet for the play-offs than their hosts.

FULHAM (4-3-3): Bettinelli; Odoi (Kamara 61), Bryan (Le Marchand 6), Mawson, Ream; Reed, Johansen, Cairney; Decordova-Reid (Knockaert 45), Cavaleiro, Mitrovic. Subs (not used): Norman, S. Sessegnon, McDonald, Onomah.

BOOKED: Reed, Johansen.

HULL CITY (4-2-3-1): Long; Lichai, Elder, Burke, de Wijs; Da Silva Lopes, Irvine (Honeyman 88); Grosicki, Bowler (Eaves 54), Toral; Bowen. Subs (not used): Ingram, Tafazolli, Pennington, Batty.

BOOKED: Irvine, Eaves.

GOALS: Bowler (9), Bowen (57), Eaves (84).

REFEREE: Keith Stroud (Bournemouth).

ATTENDANCE: 18,186.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/11/tenacious-tigers-punish-flat-fulham/