Previous topic - Next topic

Should Parker go?

Yes
37 (50%)
No
37 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 74

FFC1987

Utter embarrassment today. Squad look lost, devoid of confidence and just plain uninterested in how we play. Surely Parker has to leave now? I just don't see how he can get away with this latest travesty after other shocking results. Wanted him to do well, fan of the way he conducts himself but this experiment from TK or the owner to sign him up with no experience could cost us for a few years to come now. Such an embarrassment.

If anyone can give any reasons to keep him, i'd love to hear them.

Buffalo76

Khan Sr is in town for the Jags at Wembley tomorrow. He can sack Parker on his way there.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

What's the point in sacking yet another manager tho? Seriously. Start all over again etc etc etc
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Steeeeeeeeeed

Warwick Davis for manager..he's Mr Tenable.

Nah, I am still Parker in. I honestly don't mind not going up this year, give him some time for me.

We have had quite a few Really Good performances, as well.as a couple of really poor ones (and today was probably the worst from the result and reaction).

When we have been really good, we have been really really good.... It's there, just needs more working on, and a couple of key signing, and an improvement in tactics (less denfsive tiki tiki)

And I can't think of anyone else to.come.in, except maybe Wenger, but that's hardly long term... We would just get another faceless fella who would do about the same or worse, and six months later the cycle starts again...

If we had won today we would have been in the top six again... We very probably will.be again in a few weeks the way this league is going.

PARKER IN !... But keep learning Scotty.

FFC1987

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on November 02, 2019, 05:00:23 PM
What's the point in sacking yet another manager tho? Seriously. Start all over again etc etc etc

Because we're headed for like mid table at this rate.....A change with a more experienced manager at this level could be prudent. You can't seriously think Parker is going to get us top 2 at this rate......

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 02, 2019, 05:03:52 PM

Because we're headed for like mid table at this rate.....A change with a more experienced manager at this level could be prudent. You can't seriously think Parker is going to get us top 2 at this rate......

Maybe we dont deserve to be in the top 2......
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Sgt Fulham

The fact that we're going nowhere with Parker. I'd rather gamble with a new manager than guarantee a 16th placed finish with a team that has MITROVIC, CAIRNEY AND KNOCKAERT.

FFC1987

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on November 02, 2019, 05:05:00 PM

We definitely don't with how we play under PArker.

Robbie

No Plan B and we look unfit.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 02, 2019, 05:05:32 PM

Lol, totally circular reasoning again

"We are 8th
That must mean we deserve to be 8th
So Parker has done a great job in getting us to 8th..."

absenteeism

It's a bad result but surely the blame lies with Tony Khan?  He has been the one constant

Fulham 442

I don't see how we can be anything other than mid table with the squad we have as we have no depth. Also Parker's tactics are clearly not working. Its no good having most of the possession if you don't do anything with it.  We have been sussed and need at least a Plan B. Mitro looks knackered.  So disappointing but today has certainly brought me back down to earth with a bump!

Statto

I had some (albeit never total) optimism regarding Parker when the season started, and am conscious that mid-season sackings have generally made things worse for us...

HOWEVER this result wreaks of the 5-2 home defeat to Birmingham under Symons in 2015

- Started the season with (justifiably) high expectations
- A manager we all like on a personal/character level and want to succeed
- Disappointing, slightly ominous first quarter of the season
- Easily humiliated at home by bang average Championship opposition
- The manager just doesn't appear to have the inherent mental aptitude for management, sorry

Ironically that Birmingham game (Symons' last game before being sacked) was our 16th game of the season in 15/16 and this season, our next match, our 16th game of the season, is... Birmingham 

Lighthouse

I am trying to think of a reason Bryan and his early injury could have caused such a performance. We appeared to take even longer to build any sort of momentum today. Giving the ball away in the final third after taking three hours and four hundred and fifty two passes to get there. It was probably the worst performance so far. Maybe they were nervous as the owner and his family looked on.

I never believe that just sacking a manager is the answer unless he is clearly out of his depth. I guess the argument is how much is Parker treading water? No sure any of those possible new managers mentioned would be any improvement. But today was horrible and the first time it looked like a 90 minutes of slow bored confusion.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Russianrob

Fulham are Parker's Golden goose from the first moment we signed him as a player who led us to relegation.Continued this for a few seasons in the championship.Eventually got rid of the leech and promoted back to the premier.However,he managed to get back on board and even became coach.Not much left to get now but believe me he will milk us for every penny until he goes!

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Buffalo76 on November 02, 2019, 04:57:07 PM
Khan Sr is in town for the Jags at Wembley tomorrow. He can sack Parker on his way there.

Yes please

LittleErn

Parker knew Hull are a counter-attacking side, so how can we have been caught by three counter attacks? What was the plan?

ByTheRiver

As much as it pains me to say it as I wanted it to work out, yes, I think his position is becoming untenable. I think it might be best to make the change sooner rather than later. Whilst we can still turn it around and make a push at promotion. Really needs to be this year to keep the team together (Mitro and Cairney will be off, all decent loan players will not be signed) or we will be right back where we were pre SJ.

Those calling for Khan, whilst historically not being a massive fan myself, he has given all the tools this season to do far better than we are. Yes, a RB and a keeper would also be great but, for this league, under FFP, we have more than we could hope for (and far more than most in this league!).

Sad day.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on November 02, 2019, 05:07:31 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 02, 2019, 05:05:32 PM

Lol, totally circular reasoning again

"We are 8th
That must mean we deserve to be 8th
So Parker has done a great job in getting us to 8th..."

Trying to get my head around this. I don't think its wrong to suggest currently not being top 2 with our performances, is right.....

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Russianrob on November 02, 2019, 05:18:12 PM
Fulham are Parker's Golden goose from the first moment we signed him as a player who led us to relegation.Continued this for a few seasons in the championship.Eventually got rid of the leech and promoted back to the premier.However,he managed to get back on board and even became coach.Not much left to get now but believe me he will milk us for every penny until he goes!

Completely agree. I don't understand why he is held in high regard here. He was a rubbish player for us, typical of the journeyman in that relegation season and as soon as he buggered off we got promoted. Why on earth is he our manager? Rewarding serial failure.

He's not a Fulham hero, let alone a legend. The sooner we cut ties the better.