News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Maybe FFC Not as Good as We Thought? Post Break Chance BLOWN!

Started by WindyCity, November 02, 2019, 06:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Beginning to think this side is not as good as we (and the bet line) all thought when the season started.  I think FFC good enough to stay up this season, but next year could be ugly, with our so-called 'better' players leaving.  Can't even begin to think what this club will look like next season, and if they can stay up in this league.

I had posted several weeks ago that FFC had a great chance to challenge for top/near top of table after the last break.  Had a string of 4 games v lower table clubs.  Great opportunity to move up.  Pfffffftttttt....nothing accomplished. 

Funny thing is though, that as poor as FFC has been, they still find themselves only 5 points from top of table.  Go figure........

filham

Today was bad, every manager in the Championship must now be aware of how easy it is to not lose against us and unless we adopt different tactics we are going to drop down the table like a stone with Parker struggling to hold on to his job and Tony Khan listening to experts advising him to bring in someone like Big Sam to change things.

WindyCity

Quote from: filham on November 02, 2019, 07:05:26 PM
Today was bad, every manager in the Championship must now be aware of how easy it is to not lose against us and unless we adopt different tactics we are going to drop down the table like a stone with Parker struggling to hold on to his job and Tony Khan listening to experts advising him to bring in someone like Big Sam to change things.

It's not just todays' game v Hull though.  FFC has looked less than ordinary in any number of games so far this season.  Very disappointing and frustrating......I look at this side and I still think this is a 'good' team with good players.

Twig

Quote from: WindyCity on November 02, 2019, 07:12:29 PM

It's not just todays' game v Hull though.  FFC has looked less than ordinary in any number of games so far this season.  Very disappointing and frustrating......I look at this side and I still think this is a 'good' team with good players.

I'm with in thinking this is not as good a squad as we had hoped and some still believe. Parker has made, and continues to make, some mistakes but the squad has several weaknesses too.

WindyCity

Quote from: Twig on November 03, 2019, 09:46:22 AM
Quote from: WindyCity on November 02, 2019, 07:12:29 PM

I'm with in thinking this is not as good a squad as we had hoped and some still believe. Parker has made, and continues to make, some mistakes but the squad has several weaknesses too.

Yeah, it's true, there are weaknesses indeed.  The backline defense to begin with.  Very poor.  FFC upgraded on the offense with Cav, Knock, Reid, Mitro re-sign, but did nothing with the defense.  It's scary to think just how bad some of these results would have been had FFC not maintained so much possession time.  The defense isn't even being asked to contribute for a majority of game time.  Maybe Parker is to blame, but still, this offense should be able to tickle the twine on occasion.  These clean sheets against are hard to swallow.

The Rational Fan

I see you guys are blaming the squad recruitment again, can I point out that some of the entire squads we are not beating are worth less than Tom Cairney. Besides if I was a player i wouldnt sign for Fulham now, everyone coming here instantly goes from "class player" to a "crap beginner" (eg Fabri, TFM, Seri, Reid and Knockaert)

Skatzoffc

But Knock and Cav don't help. Supposedly class players.

They are both selfish players and flatter to decieve.
I think the reasons they were available from their parent clubs are obvious.
We may as well be playing with 9 men in some games. I don't mind if strikers are selfish when they deliver, but they don't. A wonder goal once every 10 games is no good when Mitro gets no support and every corner goes to the 1st man.

We are simply not playing a style of football that fits the players we have.

It's shocking to behold.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

toshes mate

Never wise to judge a squad until you have seen them play together for a while, and at the same time knowing you have a good coach pulling the strings.  It is pretty hard work watching this team play at the moment, and that is, IMO, down to a lack of work ethic on the pitch at crucial times.  Sadly, I have to say that the coaching crew don't seem to be helping matters either.  I think we are short of on field partnerships and that is going to make resolution of the problem much tougher given the players Parker tends to favour.   

WindyCity

Quote from: toshes mate on November 04, 2019, 08:28:04 AM
Never wise to judge a squad until you have seen them play together for a while, and at the same time knowing you have a good coach pulling the strings.   

Well, when would it be wise?  We're one-third into this season.  I think judgements can be made at this point.  And as for Parker being a 'good' coach, I think the jury is still out.  He still thinks the team is doing well, with top of league numbers for shots and shots on target.  Sadly, he doesn't consider that those 'stats' are inflated by just two games.  All is not well with this team, in my view.

TC's Sporran

it would be interesting  if some  statto could put a list of promoted teams from the championship over the last ten years and their respective positions in November

I bet half are not top six in november

Statto

Quote from: TC's Sporran on November 04, 2019, 08:03:34 PM
it would be interesting  if some  statto could put a list of promoted teams from the championship over the last ten years and their respective positions in November

Speak of the devil and he shall appear

Cannot be bothered to do the full 10 seasons but it really isn't necessary, you can see where this is going...

After 15 games -

15/16 Burnley 2nd, Boro 4th, Hull 1st
16/17 Newcastle 1st, Brighton 2nd, Huddersfield 3rd
17/18 Wolves 1st, Cardiff 2nd, Fulham 15th
18/19 Norwich 4th, Sheffield Utd 1st, Villa 17th

7 out 12 (ie a majority) are already in the top 2 at this stage
10 out of 12 (ie the vast majority) already in the top 4
Us and Villa really the exceptions with late runs for the play-offs

WindyCity

Quote from: Statto on November 04, 2019, 09:18:54 PM
Quote from: TC's Sporran on November 04, 2019, 08:03:34 PM

Speak of the devil and he shall appear

Cannot be bothered to do the full 10 seasons but it really isn't necessary, you can see where this is going...

After 15 games -

15/16 Burnley 2nd, Boro 4th, Hull 1st
16/17 Newcastle 1st, Brighton 2nd, Huddersfield 3rd
17/18 Wolves 1st, Cardiff 2nd, Fulham 15th
18/19 Norwich 4th, Sheffield Utd 1st, Villa 17th

7 out 12 (ie a majority) are already in the top 2 at this stage
10 out of 12 (ie the vast majority) already in the top 4
Us and Villa really the exceptions with late runs for the play-offs

Thank you Statto for providing those numbers.  You confirm that teams that get promoted are doing quite well just 15 games into the season.  So, much of the hand wringing we've been seeing in this forum is justified.  I'm not saying we sack Parker just yet, but this team needs to start turning good in short order.  The season is indeed starting to slip away......

TC's Sporran

well that's 4 that I know of now

us reading hull and villa all 16th or lower after 15 games yet winning promotion since 2008

most teams that gain promotion are  in the top 4  after 15 games but if teams that are below half way can do it then surely those in the top half can

otherwise why turn up?

Statto

Quote from: TC's Sporran on November 06, 2019, 11:48:25 PM
well that's 4 that I know of now

us reading hull and villa all 16th or lower after 15 games yet winning promotion since 2008

most teams that gain promotion are  in the top 4  after 15 games but if teams that are below half way can do it then surely those in the top half can

otherwise why turn up?

Hull? When?

TC's Sporran

https://www.statbunker.com/competitions/LeagueTable?comp_id=207&start_date=01-08-2007&end_date=05-11-2007&start_time=0&end_time=90

its plainly obvious that teams that get promoted usually are near the top after even only a third of a season, but there are enough instances of teams in seemingly poor positions who still go up

so its too early to write it off

eg 2007/8 season the teams in 3rd 9th and 15th got promoted

2014/16/18 also show that the teams at the top now have a far better chance

its just not wrist slitting time yet

davew

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 04, 2019, 07:59:31 AM
But Knock and Cav don't help. Supposedly class players.

They are both selfish players and flatter to decieve.
I think the reasons they were available from their parent clubs are obvious.
We may as well be playing with 9 men in some games. I don't mind if strikers are selfish when they deliver, but they don't. A wonder goal once every 10 games is no good when Mitro gets no support and every corner goes to the 1st man.

We are simply not playing a style of football that fits the players we have.

It's shocking to behold.
+1, destined for another year in the Championship if we stay up.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)