watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

HEAD COACH press conference

Started by South Coast White, November 02, 2019, 08:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

So it appears that our manager has no intentions of changing our style of possesion football. Well if that's true we need to get used to many more defeats and performances as we witnessed today.

Milo

His argument is that we have the most amount of shots on target in the league so we can't complain. Just need to convert our chances.

I mean.. it's a fair point. Took Slav some time to start winning too... what does everyone think?

Nero

Quote from: Milo on November 02, 2019, 09:11:24 PM
His argument is that we have the most amount of shots on target in the league so we can't complain. Just need to convert our chances.

I mean.. it's a fair point. Took Slav some time to start winning too... what does everyone think?

yes but most of them shots came against Reading and Millwall

Luka

This is what I think....today ...70+% possession and 1 x shot on target.
The man is an imposter.

spikey norman

According to the stats for all our possession we only had eight shots and only one on target today.

Just not good enough.

Whitestone

Stubbornness and poor results cost Slav his job. I can see the same happening to Parker. He has a good group of players that are underachieving largely due to the style and tactics that are down to him.  Surely he can see this and will make the necessary changes. The football he is serving up up is so slow and boring. Possession is pointless without the goals to back it up.

ChesterTheTabby

I am still amazed at the anti-Parker hysterics. We've lost four times...ONLY FOUR TIMES. It's the draws that are killing us. Give the man a f*cking break. I'd you all to take the job and see how you do. A couple more results like this back to back and I can see the argument of wanting him gone...but give him at least half a season in the championship to figure it out. An imposter, please. He is a new manager trying to make his way in one of, if not the, most competitive and challenging leagues in Europe.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Whitesideup

This was a worrying performance today. It was just too easy for Hull to regroup and get men behind the ball. And we had little idea how to break them down. We concede early and thereafter are forced even more to take the game to them, but they can sit back and hit us on the break with fast players breaking out with real pace from midfield. So then we take off the only defender with pace to play with 3 not so pacey centre-backs. Puzzling managerial decision imo.

Hull will do reasonably well, or even very well if they keep playing like that, this year, but this defeat was down to us, and Hull looked a better team.

This is now the test of Parker. We should be improving, not getting worse. There is still plenty of time, but the set-up Parker deploys was found out big time today. Can he now adapt?

Statto

Quote from: OhConnah on November 02, 2019, 09:28:37 PM
I'd you all to take the job and see how you do.

Lol, so the benchmark for Parker is 'could the average butcher/baker/candlestick maker watching from the stands do a better job?'

Fulham Tup North

It's the lack of a Plan B when we go behind. Throw another striker on and take off a midfielder. It's not working and we don't know what to do next ☹️🤞⚽
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

ron

Someone once said that the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. Hmmmmm....

filham

Hull missed a sitter in the first half , could have been four nil today.

Look it is goals that count, we never looked like scoring today, we didn't score last week and if we could well end up without a goal next week.
Come on Scotty something needs to change.

WindyCity

Quote from: Milo on November 02, 2019, 09:11:24 PM
His argument is that we have the most amount of shots on target in the league so we can't complain. Just need to convert our chances.  I mean.. it's a fair point.

Not a fair point at all.  Totally distorts reality.  I believe most of our target shots and goals scored only happened in a couple of games so far.  Today v Hull, 75% possession and just ONE shot on target.  At home.  Something is NOT working with the current system.  This is another case where stats do not tell the whole truth.  And it pains me that our head coach subscribes to this.

WindyCity

Quote from: Whitestone on November 02, 2019, 09:20:31 PM
Stubbornness and poor results cost Slav his job. I can see the same happening to Parker.

Excellent point.  It seems Parker suffering from Slavitis.  A refusal to make changes when things clearly are not working.  I also think we do have a group of 'good' players (though our backline defense is not very good) that should be able to see success at this level.  I know we are now in the throughs of some disappointing results and in a state of angst, but if things don't change soon, we're looking at a mid table club.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on November 02, 2019, 10:00:35 PM

Lol, so the benchmark for Parker is 'could the average butcher/baker/candlestick maker watching from the stands do a better job?'

I love this 'logic'.... :005:

howitis

Yep and he had the cheek to say "one defeat and people start pointing the finger"
Sorry to tell you this Scott but we lost comprehensively against Stoke who were bottom of the league, we lost against Barnsley (their only win of season), we struggled to hang on to a 0-0 vs Boro and they haven't won in 12.
People are pointing the finger because results and performance are totally sub standard. What worries me most is that he doesn't see that.

Andy S

We had a lot of crosses into the box but nobody on the end of them. No urgency and happy to go back to the half way line. We conceded in the first ten minutes and we were the home team we only had 1 shot on goal. Try painting that as good because I wouldn't know where to start. I wouldn't be surprised to see Parker sacked in the next international break

Logicalman

Quote from: Statto on November 02, 2019, 10:00:35 PM

No, I think the point was is that we have so many on here that can tell Parker where he is going wrong and what he needs to do, that they should, then, be able to a better job.  :005:

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

bill taylors apprentice

I don't have a problem with the keep ball method of play BUT it has to have an end product.

Not every time of course but the players have to decide when to speed up, make runs, take the opposition on, basically make something happen in and around the oppositions penalty area.
This is true for any style of football you play but our lot just aren't doing it enough!

When you look at the personnel in our team I don't think its the players who would normally be scared to have a go, I believe they feel constrained by the mantra coming from the HC that keeping the ball is the number 1 priority.

I see no sign of it all clicking into place and us going on a winning run.

The Rational Fan

I am still amazed at the anti-Parker hysterics. We've lost four times...ONLY FOUR TIMES. It's the draws that are killing us. Give the man a f*cking break. I'd you all to take the job and see how you do. A couple more results like this back to back and I can see the argument of wanting him gone...but give him at least half a season in the championship to figure it out. An imposter, please. He is a new manager trying to make his way in one of, if not the, most competitive and challenging leagues in Europe.

Very good point, its probably the most competitive and challenging leagues in Europe. Hence, no manager with less than five years coaching experience should be leading the coaching team, especially if he got the job as his last two managers failed while he was the assistant manager.