watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cyrus Christie

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 03, 2019, 07:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Yes Yes Yes blah blah,you all think he's rubbish,well I don't.
Even if he's just on bench,he can fill in at fullback,centre back and midfield.
Would have been better than Odoi yesterday and the bloke who replaced Bryan.

Worcesterwhite

To be fair to him he is a championship standard right back so could be contributing this season, for one reason or another not being considered which is a shame. I think he would have a point to prove if given a chance, same with Kebano, at this level not a bad option to have

Andy S

The reason we lost yesterday was Parker took a defender off playing three at the back. He cluttered up the midfield. Mitro was still up front on his own.

andyk

Cyrus should definitely have been on the bench, yesterday.  He is a very experienced championship defender and would have stepped straight in to the full back role.
In fact, he should be a starter. 

The Rational Fan

Surely, there was a plan that if we were behind, to make one of the full-backs more attacking. It seemed clear to me, that our left-back would be marking Jarrod Bowen making it difficult for him to attack, so surely an attacking right-back was part of the plan. Why did we go into that game without an attacking right-back on the field or on the bench, especially as we have one? What was Parker's plan if we went 1-0 down in the first 15 minutes? Cyrus Christie is better than many of the right-backs in teams ahead of us.

Bill2

Have to say he would have been better than MLM who not bad at centre half does not have the going forward ability, which was sadly lacking yesterday.

@jolslover

I do agree Christie is underrated by our fans and before joining us was one of the best RBs in the Championship - however he is extremely low on confidence and this has shown the last couple of times he has played - sadly I think his Fulham career is probably over

As for him playing at CB and Midfield? I have never seen him play in either position. Both Le March and Odoi are more versatile than him
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on November 03, 2019, 11:50:22 AM
I do agree Christie is underrated by our fans and before joining us was one of the best RBs in the Championship - however he is extremely low on confidence and this has shown the last couple of times he has played - sadly I think his Fulham career is probably over

As for him playing at CB and Midfield? I have never seen him play in either position. Both Le March and Odoi are more versatile than him

Has played in midfield for Ireland.

FFC1987

For all we know, he's low on confidence and training badly compared to say MLM so Parker should be the best person to ask on whose more prepared to take to the field.

West Ewells all White

Agree, any team ending a game with; MLM, SJ and AK 47 on the pitch is going nowhere, is there nothing coming through the  U23`s. Christie would have given more options going forward, 

filham

Never seen Christie play at right back, the only cover at left back was in fact Le Marchand, You can be sure that when injury strikes at the Cottage it is going to be at a place that really hurts.

Statto

Not a big fan of him on a personal level but I have a lot of sympathy for this view in terms of his ability.

hovewhite

Written off by most of you on here for whatever reasons on this site,but is better than people think.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: hovewhite on November 03, 2019, 03:21:20 PM
Written off by most of you on here for whatever reasons on this site,but is better than people think.

Everyone here seems to think we need a player similar to Fredericks, when Fredericks left for more money. Christie is surely as close as you can come to a cheap mans Fredericks. Christie is the kind of right back, if he plays well then our season could change dramatically (Big IF).

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 03, 2019, 11:58:05 AM

MOTM in his last international game, as Central Mid...

The Rational Fan

Quote from: mlangstrom on November 05, 2019, 12:34:13 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 03, 2019, 11:58:05 AM

MOTM in his last international game, as Central Mid...

Anyone thinks Christie career is over, should realise that we cannot afford to have players better than him from May 2021.

Mince n Tatties

I just can't fathom why he isn't in the matchday squad,has there been a fallout with the club over the so called incident with his sister?(Please no more comments on if or not it happened,we've been all thorough that).

hovewhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 05, 2019, 07:15:48 AM
I just can't fathom why he isn't in the matchday squad,has there been a fallout with the club over the so called incident with his sister?(Please no more comments on if or not it happened,we've been all thorough that).

a bit of clarity would be good from SP

RaySmith

I like him as a player, and thought he was great attacking up the wing in that home win v Brighton.

Facts Not Fiction

It's probably because he's not mentally up for it.