watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Replacement!!!!!!!

Started by South Coast White, November 03, 2019, 01:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

So, if SP does get ousted in the next few weeks, who's your money on?

Robbie

Warburton would be my choice but he won't be available.

filham

Parker should stay for a while yet, he deserves more time, but has to tweak his tactics to make us more of a threat in the box.

If we were to think of a new manager would be  looking to abandon our possession football, go to a long ball game or play a defensive game with quick breaks like Hull did yesterday.

If we are looking for the long ball game then ok bring in Big Sam quickly and sign new players to match in the next window, may take a while to get results though so don't think of yet another change after a dozen games.

mancwhite

Agree he deserves up to Xmas - if not working out would like Chris Hughton - not everyone's cup of tea but has a proven track record in the championship that not many others have which is what we need
Your just too good to be true Fulham

Peabody

I am still haunted by how quickly we got rid of Bobby Robson, a long time ago, I know but he went on to glory with Ipswich and we, well we took a very long time to recover.

KJS

To be honest I don't think he will be sacked yet but he needs to replace Bettinelle at the first chance he gets because he has gone backwards!!
In the warm up Betts practices punching the ball away yet yesterday when he could had done that for their 1st goal he froze😡😡

Neil D

Quote from: filham on November 03, 2019, 01:26:12 PM

If we are looking for the long ball game then ok bring in Big Sam quickly and sign new players to match in the next window, may take a while to get results though so don't think of yet another change after a dozen games.
Allarydyce - never!  He was on the Jeremy Vine show a few days ago - he still thinks he's good enough for the PL but the fact that he hasn't managed for more than 18 months should tell him otherwise.  His support for Brexit reflects his admittedly unstated belief that these damned (more competent) European managers get appointed ahead of him.  With them out of the picture , top clubs would have no choice but to offer League 1 managers like him a job.

itombomb

SuffolkWhite

Parker needs more time, but if we are playing this game I would go Warburton as well.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Quote from: Peabody on November 03, 2019, 01:33:23 PM
I am still haunted by how quickly we got rid of Bobby Robson, a long time ago, I know but he went on to glory with Ipswich and we, well we took a very long time to recover.
If Parker is going to get anywhere near matching Bobby Robson's record as a manager then we should not let him home at night but chain him to the gates for fear of losing him.

Seriously though, it is too soon to think of sacking Scotty, instead we should be thinking of how he can be helped.

ALG01

parker was my choice and I feel he needs a little more time
BUT
I do think some of what he has done, or not done, in the last few games is extremely concerning.

He has not settled on his best line up
he has TC playing in a position where he is being very under ised and way to anonymous at times, he eeds to be more central and deeper
as a resul too often we have a disconct between the defence and forwards
against hull it was apparent that we are still deficient in the full back department and whilst I thought odoi was good, this system relies on a fredricks type of player with real pace and when bryan went off we were stuck with MLM who is way off the quality required... his lack of challenge for the first goal was very poor. I know it was mawson's mega error that was really to blame!

The possesion game is my preference but this is possesion to no purpise. the iea is to stretch the opposition moving the bal side to side, trying to encourage errors and tire the opponentt. we just knock it aimlessly about the bak or go backwards so the opposition can effectively sit back amd watch wthout expending too much energy.

yesterdays substitution at half time was very wrong, and whilst we looked OK for 10 minutes we didn't actually create anything. stf jo was the obvious change for knock and let reid come deeper and more central to run at them with the ball and support mitro. i think parker does not know what to do with reid and that is a bad thing as he is clearly potentally a top member of the side.

I personally would swallow my pride and get slav back because with this squad and him in charge we would be several points clear by now. I know that will not happen, but it is what I would do if we really want to go up this season. As far as alternative managers are concerned... there is no obvious candidate IMO. I am not keen on the 'usual suspects.'   

Spirit of 2000

Stendel, Di Biaggio or approach Charlton for Bowyer

St Eve

Spirit of 2000

The answer isn't Hughton,  Pulis or Allardyce though. That would be too similar to Ranieri mk2.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Twig

Quote from: ALG01 on November 03, 2019, 02:07:09 PM
parker was my choice and I feel he needs a little more time
BUT
I do think some of what he has done, or not done, in the last few games is extremely concerning.

He has not settled on his best line up
he has TC playing in a position where he is being very under ised and way to anonymous at times, he eeds to be more central and deeper
as a resul too often we have a disconct between the defence and forwards
against hull it was apparent that we are still deficient in the full back department and whilst I thought odoi was good, this system relies on a fredricks type of player with real pace and when bryan went off we were stuck with MLM who is way off the quality required... his lack of challenge for the first goal was very poor. I know it was mawson's mega error that was really to blame!

The possesion game is my preference but this is possesion to no purpise. the iea is to stretch the opposition moving the bal side to side, trying to encourage errors and tire the opponentt. we just knock it aimlessly about the bak or go backwards so the opposition can effectively sit back amd watch wthout expending too much energy.

yesterdays substitution at half time was very wrong, and whilst we looked OK for 10 minutes we didn't actually create anything. stf jo was the obvious change for knock and let reid come deeper and more central to run at them with the ball and support mitro. i think parker does not know what to do with reid and that is a bad thing as he is clearly potentally a top member of the side.

I personally would swallow my pride and get slav back because with this squad and him in charge we would be several points clear by now. I know that will not happen, but it is what I would do if we really want to go up this season. As far as alternative managers are concerned... there is no obvious candidate IMO. I am not keen on the 'usual suspects.'   

Nice post Algo

..FOF..

A reputable coach that will agree to Tony's recruitment policy.

I think as of this year, it will still be Parker.... the search won't be a quick and easy one.

Luka

Slav would be my first and obvious choice.
This squad is right up his street, he would make them tick AND he knows what the Championship is about.
Ain't gona happen though.

I'd knock on Mourinho's door and get him in alongside or instead of Parker.
Lives locally, got a respect for the club and he knows the owners.
He could get a tune out of this squad of players who would also listen to and respect him.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Peabody on November 03, 2019, 01:33:23 PM

I mentioned exactly the same to my son yesterday at the game when he said should we replace Parker. We are only 5 points off the top spot so give him a bit more time to find that magic formula.

Slaphead in Qatar

Young up and coming manager maybe - robins is doing a great job at Coventry with no money to work with