Main Menu

Replacement!!!!!!!

Started by South Coast White, November 03, 2019, 01:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Joey Barton may have been a good shout if he wasn't a psycho

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Luka on November 03, 2019, 04:34:14 PM
Slav would be my first and obvious choice.
This squad is right up his street, he would make them tick AND he knows what the Championship is about.
Ain't gona happen though.

I'd knock on Mourinho's door and get him in alongside or instead of Parker.
Lives locally, got a respect for the club and he knows the owners.
He could get a tune out of this squad of players who would also listen to and respect him.

I'll have a word with Slavs if I bump into him out here

bog

Quote from: Peabody on November 03, 2019, 01:33:23 PM
I am still haunted by how quickly we got rid of Bobby Robson, a long time ago, I know but he went on to glory with Ipswich and we, well we took a very long time to recover.

I  remember that well Peabody. Bobby found out about his sacking on billboard. I don't think he ever forgave the club for that.   

bog

Quote from: Neil D on November 03, 2019, 01:41:19 PM
Quote from: filham on November 03, 2019, 01:26:12 PM

If we are looking for the long ball game then ok bring in Big Sam quickly and sign new players to match in the next window, may take a while to get results though so don't think of yet another change after a dozen games.
Allarydyce - never!  He was on the Jeremy Vine show a few days ago - he still thinks he's good enough for the PL but the fact that he hasn't managed for more than 18 months should tell him otherwise.  His support for Brexit reflects his admittedly unstated belief that these damned (more competent) European managers get appointed ahead of him.  With them out of the picture , top clubs would have no choice but to offer League 1 managers like him a job.

No thanks. I would rather eat my own feet.   :doh:

YankeeJim

Quote from: St Eve on November 03, 2019, 02:20:07 PM
The "special one"

Putting that one in charge would cut the capacity of the Cottage by ten thousand. We'd have to eliminate seats to make room for that ego.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Fulham1959

When will football fans ever learn ?

What's that quote about stupidity - something like "Repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different result" ?  I am referring to changing the manager, by the way.

We are nowhere near ready for the Premier League.  I would prefer some stability :  stick with Parker for the season in the hope that he will begin to find the right blend of players and tactics.  I'd be happy with a top-half finish this season and then build on that.

Spirit of 2000

A squad amongst the best quality wise in the division and you're happy with top half? You are aware that Preston are top of this bang average league and if we stay down Mitrovic goes & ffp isnt on our side?

hovewhite

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on November 03, 2019, 05:14:01 PM
Young up and coming manager maybe - robins is doing a great job at Coventry with no money to work with
Robin's at Coventry might not have a big budget,but he runs the football club,picks the coaches,the players,that's control that he wouldn't have at Fulham.
The Khan's if they part company with scotty you would end up with  likes of big Sam,houghton,then all of you lot would have something to moan about.

Spirit of 2000

Surely some of this list, all of who are available are attainable & an improvement on Parker. Yes one or two are fanciful, but if you don't ask you don't get and the Khan's have ££ to tempt bigger names, although presumably TK would have to relinquish his power of playing stats based Football manager and allow an expert to take the decisions instead.

Mikael Arteta
Luis Enrique
David Moyes
Jurgen Klinsmann
Axel Schuster
Nathan Jones
Daniel Stendel
Javi Gracia
Jupp Heynckes
Rafa Benitez
Jose Mourinho
Chris Hughton

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 03, 2019, 04:56:37 PM
Quote from: Peabody on November 03, 2019, 01:33:23 PM
I am still haunted by how quickly we got rid of Bobby Robson, a long time ago, I know but he went on to glory with Ipswich and we, well we took a very long time to recover.

I mentioned exactly the same to my son yesterday at the game when he said should we replace Parker. We are only 5 points off the top spot so give him a bit more time to find that magic formula.
5 points off top and 5 points off 17th.  On a bit of a knife edge.  Khans Snr and Jnr should be sounding out people. Hughton would do for me.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: hovewhite on November 04, 2019, 07:49:28 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on November 03, 2019, 05:14:01 PM
Young up and coming manager maybe - robins is doing a great job at Coventry with no money to work with
Robin's at Coventry might not have a big budget,but he runs the football club,picks the coaches,the players,that's control that he wouldn't have at Fulham.
The Khan's if they part company with scotty you would end up with  likes of big Sam,houghton,then all of you lot would have something to moan about.

How do you know robins controls everything at cov. I'm from Coventry - nobody there has a nice thing to say about the owners of the football club.

And  I would take Hughton over Parker any day of the week

Facts Not Fiction

Within reason, we could approach any Championship manager and have a realistic chance of appointing them.

Who said they need to be available? Look at Villa with Dean Smith.

My patience with Parker has withered to next to nothing, and if we don't beat Birmingham, that's time up for me.

Our defence shouldn't be this bad, and the attack should be scoring way more. Cavaleiro is majorly underused because he's forced so wide. Cairney is far too deep as there is no natural ball carrying midfielder, which Parker's supposed style needs.

Maidstone Lee

Jokanovic  :Haynes The Maestro:
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

humussapiens

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on November 03, 2019, 05:15:44 PM

I'll have a word with Slavs if I bump into him out here

How is he doing with his AL-something team? Same possession game?

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Mourinho and Allerdyce are massive no no's from me. Especially the latter.
But, in all reality, what good is getting rid of yet another manager, bringing in some with new ideas, new tactics etc etc etc? Who's to say we'd be any better off? A good CV doesn't mean the right fit for the club. Ranieri being a good example.
The only way to get through a bad run, is time. We were never guaranteed to get straight back up, and we shouldn't have been either.
People were screaming for Parker last season, now he's in, they're screaming for him to be replaced. It's a joke.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on November 04, 2019, 01:02:48 PM
Mourinho and Allerdyce are massive no no's from me. Especially the latter.
But, in all reality, what good is getting rid of yet another manager, bringing in some with new ideas, new tactics etc etc etc? Who's to say we'd be any better off? A good CV doesn't mean the right fit for the club. Ranieri being a good example.
The only way to get through a bad run, is time. We were never guaranteed to get straight back up, and we shouldn't have been either.
People were screaming for Parker last season, now he's in, they're screaming for him to be replaced. It's a joke.

In all honesty, I don't remember people screaming for Parker to be our manager. Also Parker's tactics are not working and he has refused to change them. How can the club move forward if the manger refuses to adapt? The club must adapt its approach at that point and replace the manager.
@LeeWarner19

ByTheRiver

Those suggesting Mourinho are forgetting two things:

1. His salary alone would push us over into falling foul of FFP
2. His ego would not allow the drop into the Championship. Certainly at this stage in his career and certainly following Man Utd (which would then show that as the failure it was rather than the spin he has attempted put on it).

In short, it just won't happen. Even if the Riverside was completed an he was living in one of the flats. Even if he has a whole teams worth of children and they all played for our academy.

What needs to happen is for TK to swallow his pride, pick up the phone, call Slav, apologise and offer a decent package with a three year contract. Do this before the Brum game (or at the latest QPR) and we can start planning which venue we want to hold the FOF promotion party at next May.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: ByTheRiver on November 04, 2019, 02:06:54 PM

2. His ego would not allow the drop into the Championship. Certainly at this stage in his career and certainly following Man Utd (which would then show that as the failure it was rather than the spin he has attempted put on it).

In short, it just won't happen. Even if the Riverside was completed an he was living in one of the flats. Even if he has a whole teams worth of children and they all played for our academy.

What needs to happen is for TK to swallow his pride, pick up the phone, call Slav, apologise and offer a decent package with a three year contract. Do this before the Brum game (or at the latest QPR) and we can start planning which venue we want to hold the FOF promotion party at next May.

I approve this message!  :clap_hands: 082.gif
@LeeWarner19

MJG

People forget that Slav turned down the chance to sign an extension in the summer we went up. Also in the end he lost 6 in a row incding a game where XI fans from the crowd would have put more effort in.
Yes he was great for us in many ways, but it wasn't always perfect. The same ones moaning about passing too much were doing the same two years ago at this time.
Just the views of a long term fan

ByTheRiver

Quote from: MJG on November 04, 2019, 02:58:41 PM

People forget that Slav turned down the chance to sign an extension in the summer we went up. Also in the end he lost 6 in a row incding a game where XI fans from the crowd would have put more effort in.
Yes he was great for us in many ways, but it wasn't always perfect. The same ones moaning about passing too much were doing the same two years ago at this time.

Word has it that the offer was not great and that he was confident of going up, proving himself, and then being able to negotiate much better terms. Which is fair enough and shows belief/confidence in ones ability. Also, my own suspicion based on the many fallouts, is that he probably wanted a bit more control over the transfers.

Which, as this year has shown (apparent Parker more involved), he had a point. Wasting vast parts out of budget on Fonte, Jozabed, Kamara, and other players clearly not suited to league/his plans, can't have been easy to take.

I appreciate he is/was not perfect. He definitely made mistakes (although was probably forced somewhat into playing Seri and some of the big money signings) and the Huddersfield game was abysmal. I still think he'd have (just!) kept us up last year though and I'd be willing to bet everything I own that he'd get this squad up if given the reins in the next couple of weeks.

Won't happen of course, but 100% he would take this squad up.