more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Replacement!!!!!!!

Started by South Coast White, November 03, 2019, 01:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 04, 2019, 10:31:11 AM
Surely some of this list, all of who are available are attainable & an improvement on Parker. Yes one or two are fanciful, but if you don't ask you don't get and the Khan's have ££ to tempt bigger names, although presumably TK would have to relinquish his power of playing stats based Football manager and allow an expert to take the decisions instead.

Mikael Arteta
Luis Enrique
David Moyes
Jurgen Klinsmann
Axel Schuster
Nathan Jones
Daniel Stendel
Javi Gracia
Jupp Heynckes
Rafa Benitez
Jose Mourinho
Chris Hughton

Sorry, none of this lot. There is a reason why they are out of work. Really struggling to come up with anyone. Best keep SP. No more upheaval. Been there & it doesn´t work changing mid season.
Where there's a will there's a wife

BigbadBillyMcKinley

We pass to much with Parker, and people want Slav back. His whole idea of football is to pass it, so what would actually be the difference? Except, you can bet your life he would expect a massive wage to come back. And, what good would it do us?
I think people need to let the idea of slav returning go. It won't happen. Neither Tony or the man himself will back down.
As for people reeling names of managers that are available off, I genuinely think some just think of a name, google to see if they have a job and then put it down. Like Grandad said, they're out of work for a reason.
I want what's best for this club, as much as anyone else on this board and, at this moment in time, sacking Parker (who isnt doing a terrible job, just not walking the league like a few have expected us to do), would be the absolute worse decision. What big name will want to come to a club that sacks their manager for no other reason that the supporters presuming we are by far the best team in the league? Dont every club's fans think that?
The best we can do is get behind the team and make the cottage a fortress. The rest is up to the team.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Statto

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on November 04, 2019, 04:22:15 PM
We pass to much with Parker, and people want Slav back. His whole idea of football is to pass it, so what would actually be the difference?

Better movement, quicker passing, quicker breaks, more confidence, proper utilisation of two fantastic wingers, 100% motivation from Mitrovic...

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Statto on November 04, 2019, 04:48:34 PM
We pass to much with Parker, and people want Slav back. His whole idea of football is to pass it, so what would actually be the difference?

Better movement, quicker passing, quicker breaks, more confidence, proper utilisation of two fantastic wingers, 100% motivation from Mitrovic...

Couldn't have put it better myself Statto.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

MikeW

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on November 04, 2019, 04:53:18 PM

Bring it on!

Couldn't have put it better myself Statto.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Riversider

Here's a name for you that I've never seen suggested before, a manager that knows how to get promotion , a manager that knows how to build squad morale and a manager that knows how to form a bond between the supporters and the players,
That man is David Wagner, formerly of Huddersfield and now at Schalke, it would cost maybe £5 million to get him from Schalke (if that's possible) but that's chicken feed to a club that has wasted so much money on the likes of Anguissa, Serri,  Mawson, Fonte  etc etc etc
Parker or Wagner , no brainer for me, would love to see Wagner at Fulham, he had an impossible task with Huddersfield in The Premier League,  but would have better support and opportunities at Fulham .

ScalleysDad

Yeah but on the JOka thing the key players he relied on for pace from the back have gone, the two guys who held the defence together, Ream aka Player of the Year, and Kmac are older and slower, Cairney and Stefjo are also older and slower and not the force they were and when under the sort of pressure he would be put under again he melted. The Khans won't take him back and give him a war chest in January so time to move on. Really.

MJG

Quote from: ByTheRiver on November 04, 2019, 03:18:58 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 04, 2019, 02:58:41 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on November 04, 2019, 02:06:54 PM
Those suggesting Mourinho are forgetting two things:

1. His salary alone would push us over into falling foul of FFP
2. His ego would not allow the drop into the Championship. Certainly at this stage in his career and certainly following Man Utd (which would then show that as the failure it was rather than the spin he has attempted put on it).

In short, it just won't happen. Even if the Riverside was completed an he was living in one of the flats. Even if he has a whole teams worth of children and they all played for our academy.

What needs to happen is for TK to swallow his pride, pick up the phone, call Slav, apologise and offer a decent package with a three year contract. Do this before the Brum game (or at the latest QPR) and we can start planning which venue we want to hold the FOF promotion party at next May.
People forget that Slav turned down the chance to sign an extension in the summer we went up. Also in the end he lost 6 in a row incding a game where XI fans from the crowd would have put more effort in.
Yes he was great for us in many ways, but it wasn't always perfect. The same ones moaning about passing too much were doing the same two years ago at this time.

Word has it that the offer was not great and that he was confident of going up, proving himself, and then being able to negotiate much better terms. Which is fair enough and shows belief/confidence in ones ability. Also, my own suspicion based on the many fallouts, is that he probably wanted a bit more control over the transfers.

Which, as this year has shown (apparent Parker more involved), he had a point. Wasting vast parts out of budget on Fonte, Jozabed, Kamara, and other players clearly not suited to league/his plans, can't have been easy to take.

I appreciate he is/was not perfect. He definitely made mistakes (although was probably forced somewhat into playing Seri and some of the big money signings) and the Huddersfield game was abysmal. I still think he'd have (just!) kept us up last year though and I'd be willing to bet everything I own that he'd get this squad up if given the reins in the next couple of weeks.

Won't happen of course, but 100% he would take this squad up.
we were up... It was after playoffs leading up to start of PL season.
Just the views of a long term fan

hovewhite

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on November 04, 2019, 12:01:44 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on November 04, 2019, 07:49:28 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on November 03, 2019, 05:14:01 PM
Young up and coming manager maybe - robins is doing a great job at Coventry with no money to work with
Robin's at Coventry might not have a big budget,but he runs the football club,picks the coaches,the players,that's control that he wouldn't have at Fulham.
The Khan's if they part company with scotty you would end up with  likes of big Sam,houghton,then all of you lot would have something to moan about.

How do you know robins controls everything at cov. I'm from Coventry - nobody there has a nice thing to say about the owners of the football club.

And  I would take Hughton over Parker any day of the week
Robin's has control at Coventry,also he trusts the the board and chairman Dave body,no manager would get control at Fulham like that it's not Fulham owners way.

WindyCity

Quote from: filham on November 03, 2019, 01:26:12 PM
Parker should stay for a while yet, he deserves more time, but has to tweak his tactics to make us more of a threat in the box.

I would subscribe to giving Parker some more time, but at what point do you throw the towel in?  He's had one-third of a season to figure out how to turn all this possession football into 'quality' chances, and it's really been a failure so far.  It might take more than just a 'tweak'.  I realize he is a first year coach, but we all assume he knows something about football and he has support and other coaches upon which to lean and discuss strategy.  But this last run of four games (v lower table sides) with disappointing results, including being clean sheeted three times, shows some here that maybe Parker doesn't know what to do with all of this possession?

SP

I dreamt last night that Jo Swinson became our new manager.  Weird.

Spirit of 2000

Amazed some people want to "give Parker more time" .... at which point we will be too far off the promotion spots and forced to sell Mitrovic in the summer to finance a rebuild, lose the loans and be in a worse position with ffp. Preston North End are top of what is a bang average league, we wont have a better chance than this season and Parker's Bracewell meets Wilkins football will never get any team promotion with slow slow slower tip tap backwards and sideways possession with not enough end result or tempo. Our best chance is to sack him now and bring in someone who can get the best out of one of the top 3 talented squads in this division!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SP on November 04, 2019, 06:13:10 PM
I dreamt last night that Jo Swinson became our new manager.  Weird.

That was no dream, it was a nightmare. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 04, 2019, 06:19:33 PM
Amazed some people want to "give Parker more time" .... at which point we will be too far off the promotion spots and forced to sell Mitrovic in the summer to finance a rebuild, lose the loans and be in a worse position with ffp. Preston Morth End are top of what is a bang average league, we wont have a better chance than this season and Parker's Bracewell meets Wilkins football will never get any team promotion with slow slow slower tip tap backwards and sideways possession with not enough end result or tempo. Our best chance is to sack him now and bring in someone who can get the best out of one of the top 3 talented squads in this division!

Bang average division with bang average teams in it and for whatever reason we are bang average. Quintessentially Fulhamish?
What is certain is that whatever three go up from this highly competitive bang average league they won't be doing a Wolves.

Statto

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 04, 2019, 06:52:56 PM
What is certain is that whatever three go up from this highly competitive bang average league they won't be doing a Wolves.

Well that is far from certain.
Very little correlation lately between how well a team does in their promotion season and how well they do in the PL.
As I've said before, we went up stronger than Wolves... and did terribly.
Last season's champions Norwich also doing poorly this year.
'Bang average' Sheffield Utd flying high.

TC's Sporran

We pass to much with Parker, and people want Slav back. His whole idea of football is to pass it, so what would actually be the difference? Except, you can bet your life he would expect a massive wage to come back. And, what good would it do us?
I think people need to let the idea of slav returning go. It won't happen. Neither Tony or the man himself will back down.
As for people reeling names of managers that are available off, I genuinely think some just think of a name, google to see if they have a job and then put it down. Like Grandad said, they're out of work for a reason.
I want what's best for this club, as much as anyone else on this board and, at this moment in time, sacking Parker (who isnt doing a terrible job, just not walking the league like a few have expected us to do), would be the absolute worse decision. What big name will want to come to a club that sacks their manager for no other reason that the supporters presuming we are by far the best team in the league? Dont every club's fans think that?
The best we can do is get behind the team and make the cottage a fortress. The rest is up to the team.

+1

Matt10

0001.jpeg

BigbadBillyMcKinley

You mean, the more experienced Slav has had more time to perfect his tactics....right.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Statto on November 04, 2019, 07:31:18 PM

Very little correlation lately between how well a team does in their promotion season and how well they do in the PL.

Yes indeed. From last season The Villa are settling in and as you say Sheffield U are flying high but as I recall they did well last year. The goals at Norwich have dried up but the potential is there and a couple of decent results are not far away. January could be a problem for them though.
However, and my point, this season the top three are bang average playing decidedly average football. Resources and support means Leeds and West Brom might cope but huge investment in their respective squads would be needed and of course that guarantees nothing. The Baggies have a chance to make a statement tonight so let's see how that goes. Numbers four to six are a bit iffy and six to ten is so hit and miss any of them could plummet or hit form and rise up. More so than ever I feel loanees have been key to the success of a couple of teams above us and if they get called back those Clubs could be even less than bang average, a bit like Derby post loanees. Unlike last year, and indeed the year before, when it was accepted that not all three promoted sides might struggle this season it is highly likely all three will struggle even though the fare produced in the Premier League basement is not up to much, at the moment at least.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on November 04, 2019, 07:31:18 PM

In 2020/21, I predict one of the teams currently in Premier League will get relegated and that means one of the teams going up in 2019/20 will be at least 17th. In 2018/19, Wolves were the best promoted team, Huddersfield were the relegated Premier League team and Fulham/Cardiff battled for 18th position.

Even getting promoted with a terrible team that is certain to get relegated in its the first season, gives us many more options than staying down with parachute payments ending. Right now our challenge is to stay a "Parachute Payment junkie YO-YO team", we need to get back into Premier League even if it means going straight back down.