A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best Fullback Combination (without Bryan) Poll

Started by The Rational Fan, November 04, 2019, 01:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is Fulham's Best Fullback Combination (without Bryan)?

Odoi (RB) and MLM (LB)
4 (4.5%)
Christie (RB) and MLM (LB)
2 (2.2%)
Christie (RB) and Odoi (LB)
13 (14.6%)
Christie (RB) and S.Sess (LB)
3 (3.4%)
S.Sess (RB) and MLM (LB)
1 (1.1%)
S.Sess (RB) and Odoi (LB)
53 (59.6%)
Odoi (RB) and S.Sess (LB)
12 (13.5%)
Not mentioned above.
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: November 07, 2019, 01:23:28 PM

The Rational Fan

What is Fulham's Best Fullback Combination without Bryan (e.g. when he is injured)?

Skatzoffc

Sorry I don't understand the point of this "without Bryan"

Is he off?
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 04, 2019, 01:30:26 PM

Is he off?

He left the field in the 5th minute of the game holding his back. The probability he is injured for the next game is significant, until he is confirmed fit.

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

bog

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MikeW on November 04, 2019, 02:10:05 PM
Cohen and Langley.

What a pairing, both England Internationals, and great memories of these players in the sixties.
Both of them real gentlemen on and off the pitch.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ByTheRiver

Lawd. I was worried when Bryan went off as we don't have a direct replacement, but seeing the options noted down like this makes me really worried!

Gone for Sess RB, Odoi LB. Doesn't fill me with confidence but I've gone for the less of all evils presented! MLM is no LB and I think Christie, for many reasons mostly confidence and what has gone on, is probably finished at Fulham and will be moved on in Jan.

Mince n Tatties

Mince n Tatties

Skatzoffc

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 04, 2019, 01:34:02 PM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 04, 2019, 01:30:26 PM

Is he off?

He left the field in the 5th minute of the game holding his back. The probability he is injured for the next game is significant, until he is confirmed fit.

I know, I was at the game.

Don't know if he will be out long term tho.
I don't see why Odoi and Sess can't do the job meantime.
coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Whitestone

Hoping that Joe Bryan is fit for Birmingham. If not I'd go for Odoi and Christie. The positive about Christie over Odoi and Sess at right back is he does give us something going forward.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 04, 2019, 07:42:46 PM
Anyone but MLM!

Full-back voting so far:
Odoi   94%
S.Sess   73%
Christie   25%
MLM   8%

Logicalman

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

RaySmith

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 04, 2019, 02:20:50 PM
Cohen and Langley.

What a pairing, both England Internationals, and great memories of these players in the sixties.

Remember them both so well.

George was one of the new breed of fast attacking full-backs, skilful as well as good at tackling and lumping it.

But Jim was in similar mould. Also pacey, and could  attack up the wing.

I remember his sliding tackles, long throws, and bicycle kicks to clear the ball -a real character.

They certainly were both gentlemen, patiently signing us kids'  photos post=match, But most of the Fulham players then were like that, including  Johnny Haynes - nothing Billy Bigtime or arrogant about any of them.

One Martin Thomas

Reed at right back and SSess or Odoi at leftback which is what he should have done on Saturday and put KMac into central midfield ! Reed can play at fullback and he must be a better option than LeMarchand

Spirit of 2000

Harrison Reed has played RB before, if Arter back then maybe Reed RB & Odoi LB. Whatever the combo Odoi 100% needs to be LB, MLM is a liability.

toshes mate

I was rather hoping that young coaches like SP and MW would have tried a lot of alternatives in training especially the not so obvious switches for positional cover on the flanks. Saturday's early exercise in injury and sub was a painfully weak decision, IMO, and shows a lot of naivety behind the scenes.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 04, 2019, 02:20:50 PM
Cohen and Langley.

Our first attacking full backs I think, with real pace and strength on the right a sweet left foot on the left coupled with a long throw. Also a nice collection of England caps.

filham

I think I may go for Christie and Ream. We need something different on Saturday, another game without a goal will be totally unacceptable.