https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Brom

Started by Spirit of 2000, November 04, 2019, 09:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 05, 2019, 09:19:37 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 05, 2019, 07:32:34 PM
Oh for goodness sake. The last two games for West Brom were a draw, indeed a fightback, against Barnsley and a point against the upstarts at Charlton. Bilic Out did'nt happen.
Some people seem to simply not like Parker. Get over it or come up with a name, a plan, a squad a conquering style of play and a Plan B. That would be some debate.

So double the points we got against those 2 then!  :005:

oh jeeeezus! We beat Reading they only managed a draw. Bilic out. Parker is a genius. Woop woop emoji.

Statto

I suspect the different views on Parker and Bilic by their respective clubs' fans isn't a consequence of Reading, Barnsley or any one or two particular games, but rather the fact that overall, over the first third of the season West Brom have got 7 pts more than us and are 7 place higher in the table. Any comparison of the two clubs has to end up there, really.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2019, 10:05:15 PM
I suspect the different views on Parker and Bilic by their respective clubs' fans isn't a consequence of Reading, Barnsley or any one or two particular games, but rather the fact that overall, over the first third of the season West Brom have got 7 pts more than us and are 7 place higher in the table. Any comparison of the two clubs has to end up there, really.

Yep. Imagine thinking that was a valid point of argument when comparing the two....

Spirit of 2000

Exactly.  Plus they don't play a mind numbing slow, slow,  slower sideways and backwards possession game. Believe me the dropped points are the biggest issue but the style of play is now actually grating in itself

ScalleysDad

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 10:30:47 PM

Yep. Imagine thinking that was a valid point of argument when comparing the two....

Really No and I was not aware this was an argument. As part of a debate the list of comparisons could go on for pages. Championship ready, we were not. Experienced manager with, what was it 250-300 matches, against a new manager. Settled side with options on the bench and some wise heads versus an unsettled side finding its way and a poor bench. One constant. West Brom have had some surprises as have we and there will be more.

Jim©

Oh for goodness sake. The last two games for West Brom were a draw, indeed a fightback, against Barnsley and a point against the upstarts at Charlton. Bilic Out did'nt happen.
Some people seem to simply not like Parker. Get over it or come up with a name, a plan, a squad a conquering style of play and a Plan B. That would be some debate.

No, no, no. This is wrong (according to some). West Brom are sensational, Bliic should be knighted and they're already guaranteed a place in the top 6 of the prem next year.
Weirdly I thought we gave them an absolute battering at home and apart from a pretty bad piece of goalkeeping deserved 3 points. Fine lines in this league and we're falling on the wrong side of them at the moment.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Jim© on November 06, 2019, 09:26:42 AM

No, no, no. This is wrong (according to some). West Brom are sensational, Bliic should be knighted and they're already guaranteed a place in the top 6 of the prem next year.
Weirdly I thought we gave them an absolute battering at home and apart from a pretty bad piece of goalkeeping deserved 3 points. Fine lines in this league and we're falling on the wrong side of them at the moment.

By the end of the weekend we could be 10 points behind them, we're currently 7 off them. These ultimately are the only FACT & STATS that matter. You/some people like Parker and want to give him more time, some people don't and want him gone. The latter stuff is opinion I admit and subjective by definition, the former stuff is cold hard facts - just like 75% possession and one shot on target was in our last match.

FFC1987

Quote from: Jim© on November 06, 2019, 09:26:42 AM

Conjecture aside, Bilic has a target of top 2 and is achieving that currently. And we battered them at home.....but typically couldn't hold on to a lead so its rather irrelevant, especially when you can't beat the likes of Hull at home, who consequently, battered us. I really struggle to see your line of logic there when its so easily and observably flawed.

colinwhite

Seems to be a crystalised argument. Only points and position in the table matters /parkers football is boring   against We have shown promise and are almost there/Parker  deserves more time.

FFC1987

Quote from: colinwhite on November 06, 2019, 10:29:38 AM
Seems to be a crystalised argument. Only points and position in the table matters /parkers football is boring   against We have shown promise and are almost there/Parker  deserves more time.

Its a bit of a loop argument this but sure. Give him more time and see how he does, I'm not firmly for Parker being fired but I think based on what he's achieved (or hasn't) theres certainly a really strong argument that he should be. I can't stress this enough, particularly to some posters who, in a number of threads have indicated we are overly negative and just don't like Parker, I want him and the club to do well. if he can build a run of 5 winning games, he's get absolute support from people. But right now, I don't think the negative attitude and pessimistic outlook considering we objectively are on a downward trend is unreasonable.

As a few wise posters said, lets take one game at a time so Birmingham, must win or cheerio Parker as far as I'm concerned.

Spirit of 2000

Points & position are facts though - Parkers football being boring, the fact you think it shows promise, are almost there and if he deserves time or not are subjective & opinion. Yes it's a message board & without opinion it would be a boring place, I can insist my opinion is right , so can you/others, but that doesn't make it so. Happy to give constructive argument to back my opinion and if we have to graciously admit that agreeing to disagree is the furthest we'll get then so be it. Points on the board & league position will ultimately be the irrefutable evidence though.

FFC1987

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 06, 2019, 10:40:48 AM

Points & position are facts though - Parkers football being boring, the fact you think it shows promise, are almost there and if he deserves time or not are subjective & opinion. Yes it's a message board & without opinion it would be a boring place, I can insist my opinion is right , so can you/others, but that doesn't make it so. Happy to give constructive argument to back my opinion and if we have to graciously admit that agreeing to disagree is the furthest we'll get then so be it. Points on the board & league position will ultimately be the irrefutable evidence though.

Just on this, do people actually believe we deserved more from a lot of games? Even if you look at the tight games where we drew to late equalises, did we deserve more? I'm not convinced seeing as we didn't finish well enough to grant a substantial lead.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 06, 2019, 10:35:20 AM

Its a bit of a loop argument this but sure. Give him more time and see how he does, I'm not firmly for Parker being fired but I think based on what he's achieved (or hasn't) theres certainly a really strong argument that he should be. I can't stress this enough, particularly to some posters who, in a number of threads have indicated we are overly negative and just don't like Parker, I want him and the club to do well. if he can build a run of 5 winning games, he's get absolute support from people. But right now, I don't think the negative attitude and pessimistic outlook considering we objectively are on a downward trend is unreasonable.

As a few wise posters said, lets take one game at a time so Birmingham, must win or cheerio Parker as far as I'm concerned.

THIS

Beat Brum and go on a run playing football that the decent sides we'll face over the next 8 games can't live with and I'll happily change my stance. Personally I don't see it happening as I believe he's too inflexible and others have sussed our style, as Stoke & Hull most certainly had. We will see. Lose to Birmingham & I would expect him to be gone. A win - great, however to keep in this promotion race there's not an expectation but a NEED to be garnering an absolute minimum of 12 pts, probably more realistically 14/15 to keep us in touch. Do I see that under SP, no, but am willing to re-assess after Saturday.

Sting of the North

I believe it is totally reasonable that many are looking at our current situation in a somewhat negative manner and thinking that something needs to change. Especially since the last few games has looked rather like a step in the wrong direction. Likewise, I can see why one would point to the table and say that every position is up for grabs, and we are in it with a real chance. Especially seeing that we have played well in many games ´(unfortunately less so the last few weeks). Neither of those positions are really contradictory.

I believe that the Khan's gambled on Parker, and that if you gamble in such a way you should be prepared for a bumpy ride. Therefore I believe that they should give him this season unless it is a complete failure. In my opinion we are not at that point yet.

I also am afraid of the choice in replacement should they decide to pull the trigger. I really don't trust the Khan's in appointing managers, as it seem completely random.

colinwhite

Fair enough  fc 87 and spirit of 2000. A few defeats or wins  on the spin would change points of view in either direction ,sound reasonable to me.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 06, 2019, 10:48:44 AM
I believe it is totally reasonable that many are looking at our current situation in a somewhat negative manner and thinking that something needs to change. Especially since the last few games has looked rather like a step in the wrong direction. Likewise, I can see why one would point to the table and say that every position is up for grabs, and we are in it with a real chance. Especially seeing that we have played well in many games ´(unfortunately less so the last few weeks). Neither of those positions are really contradictory.

I believe that the Khan's gambled on Parker, and that if you gamble in such a way you should be prepared for a bumpy ride. Therefore I believe that they should give him this season unless it is a complete failure. In my opinion we are not at that point yet.

I also am afraid of the choice in replacement should they decide to pull the trigger. I really don't trust the Khan's in appointing managers, as it seem completely random.

Interesting, so if we're say 7-10 at Xmas and behind the pack by say 10+ points to top 2 and 5+ points to playoffs, you'd still want to give Parker the season? Or have I read that wrong?

colinwhite

By the way the `fact`is  we are a goalkeeping error away from being 3 points behind West Brom.

FFC1987

Quote from: colinwhite on November 06, 2019, 10:57:02 AM
By the way the `fact`is  we are a goalkeeping error away from being 3 points behind West Brom.

And a whole array of reasons why we aren't though....

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: colinwhite on November 06, 2019, 10:57:02 AM

4 pts

colinwhite