watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It Might All Be Bull****...But

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 05, 2019, 10:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Just been into Paddy Powers betting shop where I live in Newmarket,the manager there is always on the money as Newmarket being a horse racing town has to watch where the money goes.
He was telling me their head office took two substantial bets yesterday on Sam Allardyce becoming our new boss(apparently he was told by head office Parker has 2 games).
He never stated the odds and none are up on line where I've looked.
I did post a few weeks back that a friend in Newmarket son who works at the Express said that Sam fancied the job,some said on here that he was making it up,well I know the boy and what reason would he have to state such a thing if it weren't true,absolutely none.
Nothing might come of it as Big Sam most probably fancies a few jobs,but the substantial bets could be a gamble,or someone in the know.

Only stating what I've heard,so no need to bite my nose off.😊

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 05, 2019, 10:17:16 AM
Just been into Paddy Powers betting shop where I live in Newmarket,the manager there is always on the money as Newmarket being a horse racing town has to watch where the money goes.
He was telling me their head office took two substantial bets yesterday on Sam Allardyce becoming our new boss(apparently he was told by head office Parker has 2 games).
He never stated the odds and none are up on line where I've looked.
I did post a few weeks back that a friend in Newmarket son who works at the Express said that Sam fancied the job,some said on here that he was making it up,well I know the boy and what reason would he have to state such a thing if it weren't true,absolutely none.
Nothing might come of it as Big Sam most probably fancies a few jobs,but the substantial bets could be a gamble,or someone in the know.

Only stating what I've heard,so no need to bite my nose off.😊

If Parker has 2 games then that's 1 match too many - but Allardyce is a potential Ranieri mk2, no ta!

bobby01

As I have stated before if fat Sam is manager I will not walk through the turnstile into the cottage until the end of his tenure. I know that doesn't matter a jot in the scheme of things but to me he is everything that is wrong with football.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

FFC1987

Quote from: bobby01 on November 05, 2019, 10:26:58 AM
As I have stated before if fat Sam is manager I will not walk through the turnstile into the cottage until the end of his tenure. I know that doesn't matter a jot in the scheme of things but to me he is everything that is wrong with football.

I'm not really a fan of big Sam but thats a big statement. Could you elaborate?

Statto

MJG

Mince I know you like a joke and a bit of gossip but there is no way Sam would be given the job.
Just the views of a long term fan

FFC1987

Statto and MJG, why wouldn't he? Just out of interest.

Robbie

We are two points of the Play-Offs and it is early November.
Sounds unlikely to me.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on November 05, 2019, 10:31:28 AM
Mince I know you like a joke and a bit of gossip but there is no way Sam would be given the job.

Your right I do like a joke MJG,but this isn't.
Just what he told me this morning.
But like I've stated Sam most probably fancies a few jobs being out of work...Why wouldn't he fancy ours?

Jim©

Ha ha, you'll get what you wished for some of you if you think what you're watching now doesn't float your boat.
Big Sam? I'll not be driving up from Devon each game to watch that utter utter dross.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 10:32:10 AM

Well for a start, total mismatch for
- Our club and ethos
- The Khans' image
- Our 'head coach' structure
- Stats-based transfer selection
- Our tactics

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2019, 10:54:59 AM

- Our club and ethos
- The Khans' image
- Our tactics

See, I don't know if the Khans would see it like that. i agree with what your saying just not that the Khan's wouldn't consider him.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Jim© on November 05, 2019, 10:41:08 AM
Ha ha, you'll get what you wished for some of you if you think what you're watching now doesn't float your boat.
Big Sam? I'll not be driving up from Devon each game to watch that utter utter dross.

I don't think anyone on here is wishing for him Jim.
In his defense though not as bad a villain as made out,a few Spammers have said they played better football under him than they do now with Pelligrini.

filham

With our current performances there are sure to be wild rumours like this floating around. Really can't se it happening but actually I have time for big Sam, his record is good, just think of all those years he kept Bolton afloat.

ScalleysDad

Me neither. I was fully signed up for the rebuild and common sense always dictated it would take more than one season despite some of the threads on here thinking we have a magic wand. I still get the Coaches Association magazine from when I used my badges and Parker was/is highly regarded. The materials he has to work with when stacked up against expectation simply don't work yet.  I liked the comment yesterday regarding Bilic with his 300 plus games in management opposed to Parkers twenty odd, off which some were from the train wreck of last season. I fear if Mince is right the Club is taking a different path to the Fulham I embraced years ago. Mind you all the Parker out brigade will have some explaining to do. That will be hilarious.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 10:56:31 AM

- Our club and ethos
- The Khans' image
- Our tactics

See, I don't know if the Khans would see it like that. i agree with what your saying just not that the Khan's wouldn't consider him.

So you think Khan snr will say, "You know what Sam, I don't mind becoming linked with a major corruption scandal, we'll change our management structure, I'll humiliate my own son by demoting him below you, I'll terminate our involvement with his stats business, we'll totally change our player recruitment process for you despite refusing to do so for Jokanovic, give you total control, and let you bring in a whole new team (even though FFP means we've no money to do that) that suits your tactics, and disregard the fact that our fans won't like you or your tactics."

hovewhite

This an interesting thread,would fans prefer a direct winning team or football played by coaches,slav,SP etc
Me I don't like big Sam's style,but I bet a lot of fans want results first and foremost .

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 05, 2019, 10:35:28 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 05, 2019, 10:31:28 AM

Your right I do like a joke MJG,but this isn't.
Just what he told me this morning.
But like I've stated Sam most probably fancies a few jobs being out of work...Why wouldn't he fancy ours?
I didn't say he wouldn't fancy it, just that he wouldn't be given it.
Just the views of a long term fan

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 05, 2019, 10:57:49 AM

I don't think anyone on here is wishing for him Jim.
In his defense though not as bad a villain as made out,a few Spammers have said they played better football under him than they do now with Pelligrini.

True enough but still a bit suspect. I recall he lost the Spam fans in the end though leading to his great quote along the lines of ' they wanted to play the West Ham way which would have/got them relegated'. A pioneer in his day with stats and nutrition but out of the game for an age.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2019, 11:01:44 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 10:56:31 AM

- Our club and ethos
- The Khans' image
- Our tactics

So you think Khan snr will say, "You know what Sam, I don't mind becoming linked with a major corruption scandal, we'll change our management structure for you, I'll demote my son below you, I'll terminate our involvement with his stats business, we'll change our player recruitment process, give you total control, and let you bring in a whole new team (even though FFP means we've no money to do that) that suits your tactics, and disregard the fact that our fans won't like you or your tactics."

I don't think they'd consider him if he didn't accept large sections of our already established structure but I doubt he'd be interested in the job if he didn't accept that.

Major corruption association is a fair enough point though.

You're probably right though, I just wouldn't put it past our owners to consider him.