more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It Might All Be Bull****...But

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 05, 2019, 10:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: hovewhite on November 05, 2019, 11:03:23 AM
This an interesting thread,would fans prefer a direct winning team or football played by coaches,slav,SP etc
Me I don't like big Sam's style,but I bet a lot of fans want results first and foremost .
It doesn't have to be one or the other. But I will say in 40 years we have had Sanchez and Magath who were our and out long ball guys.... And we hated it. OK it wasn't a winning formula but whenever we have gone down that route we haven't liked it. There is Fulham type of football which I think is play fair and play it in a good way. Not lump it long.... I swear some of you still want Hutchinson hitting percentage balls up to Matt Smith.... Horrible football.
Just the views of a long term fan

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 05, 2019, 11:01:29 AM
Quote from: Jim© on November 05, 2019, 10:41:08 AM
Ha ha, you'll get what you wished for some of you if you think what you're watching now doesn't float your boat.
Big Sam? I'll not be driving up from Devon each game to watch that utter utter dross.

Me neither. I was fully signed up for the rebuild and common sense always dictated it would take more than one season despite some of the threads on here thinking we have a magic wand. I still get the Coaches Association magazine from when I used my badges and Parker was/is highly regarded. The materials he has to work with when stacked up against expectation simply don't work yet.  I liked the comment yesterday regarding Bilic with his 300 plus games in management opposed to Parkers twenty odd, off which some were from the train wreck of last season. I fear if Mince is right the Club is taking a different path to the Fulham I embraced years ago. Mind you all the Parker out brigade will have some explaining to do. That will be hilarious.

Why would the "Parker out brigade have some explaining to do"? I don't want Big Sam & have said so, nor would I want a Pulis or similar - however there's other options out there who (in my opinion) will utilise what we have better than Parker is. How without Mitrovic (plus a few others) and under increasing pressure from ffp will we be in a better position to challenge next season. Not getting that logic at all.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 11:06:54 AM
Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2019, 11:01:44 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 10:56:31 AM
Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2019, 10:54:59 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 10:32:10 AM
Statto and MJG, why wouldn't he? Just out of interest.

Well for a start, total mismatch for
- Our club and ethos
- The Khans' image
- Our 'head coach' structure
- Stats-based transfer selection
- Our tactics

See, I don't know if the Khans would see it like that. i agree with what your saying just not that the Khan's wouldn't consider him.

So you think Khan snr will say, "You know what Sam, I don't mind becoming linked with a major corruption scandal, we'll change our management structure for you, I'll demote my son below you, I'll terminate our involvement with his stats business, we'll change our player recruitment process, give you total control, and let you bring in a whole new team (even though FFP means we've no money to do that) that suits your tactics, and disregard the fact that our fans won't like you or your tactics."

I don't think they'd consider him if he didn't accept large sections of our already established structure but I doubt he'd be interested in the job if he didn't accept that.

Major corruption association is a fair enough point though.

You're probably right though, I just wouldn't put it past our owners to consider him.
I think having got burnt by a big name last year they won't do the same again.... And also with his past do we want association with that?

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on November 05, 2019, 11:09:29 AM

- Our club and ethos
- The Khans' image
- Our tactics

See, I don't know if the Khans would see it like that. i agree with what your saying just not that the Khan's wouldn't consider him.

So you think Khan snr will say, "You know what Sam, I don't mind becoming linked with a major corruption scandal, we'll change our management structure for you, I'll demote my son below you, I'll terminate our involvement with his stats business, we'll change our player recruitment process, give you total control, and let you bring in a whole new team (even though FFP means we've no money to do that) that suits your tactics, and disregard the fact that our fans won't like you or your tactics."

I don't think they'd consider him if he didn't accept large sections of our already established structure but I doubt he'd be interested in the job if he didn't accept that.

You're probably right though, I just wouldn't put it past our owners to consider him.
I think having got burnt by a big name last year they won't do the same again.... And also with his past do we want association with that?

No, of course we don't and I don't want him.

Was just looking into why people thought the owners wouldn't consider him at all.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 11:11:18 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 05, 2019, 11:09:29 AM

- Our club and ethos
- The Khans' image
- Our tactics

No, of course we don't and I don't want him.

Was just looking into why people thought the owners wouldn't consider him at all.
That's fair, I've never been anti Sam as many have been but after what happened at England it's a no.

Worcesterwhite

I don't really get the negativity regarding big Sam or Hughton being FFC manager. I hear a lot saying the football would be terrible ..... . I have no doubt both of the above would relish managing this squad and results would follow. I for one think the football this season has been boring to watch!

HV71

The guy has no scruples and must be either as thick as a plank or so greedy he just can't help himself. He went on for years about how good he was and how he never got a chance at a ' big job ' . Then , low and behold  , he lands the England job but cannot resist the allure of the honey jar.

It will always be a huge no thank you from me

Riversider

What a load of cobblers,
I take it you've found a bookmaker offering odds on next Fulham manager and had £500 on it, hope you got a good price.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 05, 2019, 11:08:54 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 05, 2019, 11:01:29 AM
Quote from: Jim© on November 05, 2019, 10:41:08 AM
Ha ha, you'll get what you wished for some of you if you think what you're watching now doesn't float your boat.
Big Sam? I'll not be driving up from Devon each game to watch that utter utter dross.

Me neither. I was fully signed up for the rebuild and common sense always dictated it would take more than one season despite some of the threads on here thinking we have a magic wand. I still get the Coaches Association magazine from when I used my badges and Parker was/is highly regarded. The materials he has to work with when stacked up against expectation simply don't work yet.  I liked the comment yesterday regarding Bilic with his 300 plus games in management opposed to Parkers twenty odd, off which some were from the train wreck of last season. I fear if Mince is right the Club is taking a different path to the Fulham I embraced years ago. Mind you all the Parker out brigade will have some explaining to do. That will be hilarious.

Why would the "Parker out brigade have some explaining to do"? I don't want Big Sam & have said so, nor would I want a Pulis or similar - however there's other options out there who (in my opinion) will utilise what we have better than Parker is. How without Mitrovic (plus a few others) and under increasing pressure from ffp will we be in a better position to challenge next season. Not getting that logic at all.

My logic is one of those great mysteries but it's usually right.
Whatever the Club does next and whoever does the job for the rest of the season has to grasp the simple fact that this squad is simply not 'it'. The options from the bench showed that on Saturday. Anybody coming in would have to get a very large drawing board out and figure out what on earth to do and with whom and how and that will take time. The same sort of time Parker should have to get more out of this team and then continue to rebuild it properly with foundations and a quality squad of eighteen not the six or seven, even that figure is questionable, better players we apparently have.

Fulham76

Quote from: MJG on November 05, 2019, 10:31:28 AM
Mince I know you like a joke and a bit of gossip but there is no way Sam would be given the job.

Let's hope so. Can't think of a worse choice.

Southcoastffc

Is this the same Allardyce who this morning on Talksport said (vis-a-vis Stoke i think) 'the Championship is much more physical than the Prem, at least it used to be, I don't know if it still is'.    A man with his finger clearly OFF the pulse.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

RaySmith

I think the Khans would consider him, because of his track record of success, and also reputation for being someone  who has been an early adopter every type of modern assistance in the game, and so would presumably be experienced in the use of stats, which all clubs use now anyway, and open to new training techniques.

But I think his  association with dodgy dealing, and, importantly, ptobable adverse  fan reaction, would go strongly against him.

But the khans are desperate for success, i think, so would probably look at everyone.
But i think they will stick  with Parker at the moment .

Woolly Mammoth

Nothing surprises me anymore, whatever happens, it's out of our hands, as it is others that will press certain buttons, if they decide prematurely to terminate the contract of another manager the Khans signed and then  not long after sacked the man they employed, which signifies that the Khans judgement has been flawed since they first arrived as green as the grass at Craven Cottage and their judgement continues to be flawed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

john dempsey

Big sam would be good for me
he may be getting on a bit but he is a big strong uncompromising centreback
much better than our current ones get him in quick,

WokingFFC

Quote from: bobby01 on November 05, 2019, 10:26:58 AM
As I have stated before if fat Sam is manager I will not walk through the turnstile into the cottage until the end of his tenure. I know that doesn't matter a jot in the scheme of things but to me he is everything that is wrong with football.

100% agree - Fulham FC are better than that, we have morals, we do not need his sort at our club - dinosaur tactics, kick and run football, no class - no thanks

KJS

If that knob gets the job then I will not attend anymore matches until he is sacked😡

cookieg

It's a cunning plan by PP to get mugs to put money on a non-starter.

Woolly Mammoth

You never come across a poor Bookmaker.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Bringing in "Big Sam" to the club in any position other than manager could be a "Master Stroke". His set pieces coaching, defensive coaching, aerial coaching and understanding of "how to play against a long-ball team" are all exceptional (maybe the best in the business), which are our weaknesses. Add to that Fulham may need to introduce a long-ball variation in addition to our possession game to make us less predictable. Making Big Sam an ideal part-time coach or consultant to fix our problems.

One Martin Thomas

If I owned a business I would consider anyone to get me the £120m pot from promotion! The Khans will try anything and rightly so!

Style of football, England issues aside, I see no reason not to consider bigSam from a purely "get me promoted" business aspect !