watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It Might All Be Bull****...But

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 05, 2019, 10:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

I'm less on the anti Big Sam than some but I can see some strong arguments against considering him to be honest. I don't think he's quite the super negative anti football long ball merchant that some make out but he's certainly very different to what we play.

colinwhite

Lets hope its bullpoo Mince. Slightly better than Pullis is the only positive thing I can think of if that was to happen.

Woolly Mammoth

I would have no objection to Big Sam managing Fulham at any capacity, but I would still like to see Scott Parker being given longer in his tenure, we are only a third of the way into the season, and currently expectations are far too high, and therefore, disappointment comes far too rapidly for those whose expectations are unrealistic, considering that our defence is mediocre, and not enough competition for places, too much mediocrity with a number of players.
So patience is a virtue, so let's hang on to Scott, but if push comes to shove, I would not have any objections to Big Sam.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

I would rather have Sanchez or Magath back than have Alardyce any where near my Club. It could end my 66 year association if he were to be appointed.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

Quote from: grandad on November 06, 2019, 12:27:30 PM
I would rather have Sanchez or Magath back than have Alardyce any where near my Club. It could end my 66 year association if he were to be appointed.

Magath was a step too far.....

Burt

It's a shame if this is true, not just in terms of having Big Sam here, but also dropping Parker so soon in to his managerial career.

It does take time to get to master a new career, let alone a new job.

Unfortunately time is one thing that is in short supply, given the ambition of the Khans to go back up this season, and given the high expectations amongst us lot.

Fulham 442

Quote from: grandad on November 06, 2019, 12:27:30 PM
No way! I'm not an Allardyce fan but would prefer him to either of these two clowns!

Mince n Tatties

Latest on that bet,I managed to get it out of PP manager,is one bet stands to win just over£10,000 at 12/1 quoted,so the punter has had £800 on.
Well its one of two things,he obviously has money to burn,or he has heard the rumour.
Would anyone wage £800 on a whim,and take a chance?

And  of course Scotty might win next two,and nobody will be coming in.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 06, 2019, 02:40:12 PM
Latest on that bet,I managed to get it out of PP manager,is one bet stands to win just over£10,000 at 12/1 quoted,so the punter has had £800 on.
Well its one of two things,he obviously has money to burn,or he has heard the rumour.

How rich are they and how naive are they? Could easily be someone with a habit, money to burn listening to a guy he likes with a hunch projecting it as insider info. Or, he has actual insider info.

Woolly Mammoth

Shove a monkey on it for me mince, and i will buy you a new Shed with all the trimmings.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 06, 2019, 03:33:37 PM

Shove a monkey on it for me mince, and i will buy you a new Shed with all the trimmings.

I'm not having any Monkees living in my shed.🐒

epsomraver

Quote from: bobby01 on November 05, 2019, 10:26:58 AM
As I have stated before if fat Sam is manager I will not walk through the turnstile into the cottage until the end of his tenure. I know that doesn't matter a jot in the scheme of things but to me he is everything that is wrong with football.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: Burt on November 06, 2019, 12:36:59 PM
It's a shame if this is true, not just in terms of having Big Sam here, but also dropping Parker so soon in to his managerial career.

It does take time to get to master a new career, let alone a new job.

Unfortunately time is one thing that is in short supply, given the ambition of the Khans to go back up this season, and given the high expectations amongst us lot.

If we go back up this season, where are the extra fans going to go until the new stand is ready? Khan will be happy with next season i would guess

filham

Quote from: john dempsey on November 05, 2019, 07:23:09 PM
Big sam would be good for me
he may be getting on a bit but he is a big strong uncompromising centreback
much better than our current ones get him in quick,

No one can disagree with that.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: epsomraver on November 06, 2019, 08:25:08 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on November 05, 2019, 10:26:58 AM
As I have stated before if fat Sam is manager I will not walk through the turnstile into the cottage until the end of his tenure. I know that doesn't matter a jot in the scheme of things but to me he is everything that is wrong with football.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

Sadly I'm becoming more dis-inclined to walk through the turnstile now for fear of being bored silly watching us under Parker - it reminds me so much of the Wilkins & Bracewell (without the clean sheets) seasons. Am not personally vindicating Sam as my chosen replacement others are out there that would get much better from our squad than Parker is and not bore us stupid doing so.

filham

To sack Parker now would be a knee jerk reaction he needs to be given at least until Easter and sensibly another season.
However I do wonder how long us pro Parker fans can put up with poor results and performances coupled with this boring possession football.

FFC1987

Quote from: filham on November 07, 2019, 11:27:43 AM
To sack Parker now would be a knee jerk reaction he needs to be given at least until Easter and sensibly another season.
However I do wonder how long us pro Parker fans can put up with poor results and performances coupled with this boring possession football.

It wouldn't be a knee jerk. But I do agree.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2019, 11:31:14 AM

Sometimes is just isn't going to happen - no matter how much people want to give a manager 1, 5, 10, 20 or 50 more matches. Would Wilkins or Bracewell (my favoured SP alike comparisons) have suddenly cracked it and become legends? I somewhat doubt it - did we sack both (neither particularly long term) too soon? No (in my opinion anyway) - did we prosper with their immediate succesors? Massively as Keegan & Tigana went on to destroy the division the following season in both cases. Ok - I do take the point that trusting Tony Khan to find the next Keegan or Tigana is the sticking point here!

The one case of maybe we should have stuck rather than twisted was Slav - yes it was going badly and generally a decent argument could be made to say his time was up last season, but he had already proven his capability as a manage for us. Could he turn it around? Maybe not but games like the Liverpool away showed he was actually attempting a plan B rather than relying on trying to make plan a work better. However if we had stuck with him we knew he had already done with us in the championship (and Watford before that) and he would be a good person to have lead a promotion campaign this term. All history now I know but this is a better example of giving a manager more time.

Just realised - Tigana & Keegan are both still younger than Warnock & Hodgson - bring 'em back as the dream team with Christian Damiano & Roger Propos! Keegan the motivator & Tigana the tactician/style of play guru.  :wine:

MJG

I have an unwritten rule that if a team lose 5 in a row then thats pretty much it for a manager (hence i understood Slav going) and when a manager gets sacked at other clubs I look at that.

If they have targets (unknow to fans) and fall short then the owners make a decsion. This is what happened to Kit.

The next is if the results and performamces are so mixed and a manager loses the crowd then they are close to the door.  he could win 2 and then lose 2 and be out.

Is it knee jerk to sack parker?

if the target at 16 games was to to be top 2 at the very least then I'd say as long as he was within 6 points he ok. If hes closer to 10 then that could be it.

if a realistic target was in the playoffs at the very least then hes close to boarderline and again within 6.

6pts is my figure that says they are short but within reach.

To catch say the top team if you are 6 pts ahead of you takes about 6 games if you win everyone in a row.

to catch a team in 6th which is 6 points ahead iof you it takes 5 games in a row won.

Both those are the types of runs a team make from time to time.

We are within all those boundaries at this time, hence i dont see him going anywhere as he/we still have a lot of time to catch up.....BUT hes now in that realm of form, that if he drops below a point a game over say 6 games, he could be in trouble.
Just the views of a long term fan

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on November 07, 2019, 12:34:39 PM

I have an unwritten rule that if a team lose 5 in a row then thats pretty much it for a manager (hence i understood Slav going) and when a manager gets sacked at other clubs I look at that.

If they have targets (unknow to fans) and fall short then the owners make a decsion. This is what happened to Kit.

The next is if the results and performamces are so mixed and a manager loses the crowd then they are close to the door.  he could win 2 and then lose 2 and be out.

Is it knee jerk to sack parker?

if the target at 16 games was to to be top 2 at the very least then I'd say as long as he was within 6 points he ok. If hes closer to 10 then that could be it.

if a realistic target was in the playoffs at the very least then hes close to boarderline and again within 6.

6pts is my figure that says they are short but within reach.

To catch say the top team if you are 6 pts ahead of you takes about 6 games if you win everyone in a row.

to catch a team in 6th which is 6 points ahead iof you it takes 5 games in a row won.

Both those are the types of runs a team make from time to time.

We are within all those boundaries at this time, hence i dont see him going anywhere as he/we still have a lot of time to catch up.....BUT hes now in that realm of form, that if he drops below a point a game over say 6 games, he could be in trouble.

Honestly, I don't disagree with that and I don't think unless we lose to Birmingham, he'll be gone but I'd like to think the owners will be at least looking at the fixtures alongside the table. If we'd of had a tough run in the last 6 games and we're within this range, I'd likely say it was a knee jerk but we really aren't. As someone else mentioned, if you look at Leeds and their run of 5 games compared to ours, and their last 5 compared to ours, you can only really deduce that the gap will likely widen unless we completely change (which it might) but if I'm the owner, I can 100% justify a replacement of someone with more experience based on performance and table against fixtures played.