It Might All Be Bull****...But

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 05, 2019, 10:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2019, 12:44:10 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 07, 2019, 12:34:39 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2019, 11:31:14 AM
Quote from: filham on November 07, 2019, 11:27:43 AM
To sack Parker now would be a knee jerk reaction he needs to be given at least until Easter and sensibly another season.
However I do wonder how long us pro Parker fans can put up with poor results and performances coupled with this boring possession football.

It wouldn't be a knee jerk. But I do agree.
I have an unwritten rule that if a team lose 5 in a row then thats pretty much it for a manager (hence i understood Slav going) and when a manager gets sacked at other clubs I look at that.

If they have targets (unknow to fans) and fall short then the owners make a decsion. This is what happened to Kit.

The next is if the results and performamces are so mixed and a manager loses the crowd then they are close to the door.  he could win 2 and then lose 2 and be out.

Is it knee jerk to sack parker?

if the target at 16 games was to to be top 2 at the very least then I'd say as long as he was within 6 points he ok. If hes closer to 10 then that could be it.

if a realistic target was in the playoffs at the very least then hes close to boarderline and again within 6.

6pts is my figure that says they are short but within reach.

To catch say the top team if you are 6 pts ahead of you takes about 6 games if you win everyone in a row.

to catch a team in 6th which is 6 points ahead iof you it takes 5 games in a row won.

Both those are the types of runs a team make from time to time.

We are within all those boundaries at this time, hence i dont see him going anywhere as he/we still have a lot of time to catch up.....BUT hes now in that realm of form, that if he drops below a point a game over say 6 games, he could be in trouble.

Honestly, I don't disagree with that and I don't think unless we lose to Birmingham, he'll be gone but I'd like to think the owners will be at least looking at the fixtures alongside the table. If we'd of had a tough run in the last 6 games and we're within this range, I'd likely say it was a knee jerk but we really aren't. As someone else mentioned, if you look at Leeds and their run of 5 games compared to ours, and their last 5 compared to ours, you can only really deduce that the gap will likely widen unless we completely change (which it might) but if I'm the owner, I can 100% justify a replacement of someone with more experience based on performance and table against fixtures played.
As I have shown on fixtures played we are maybe 1-2 points short of where we should be for 6th and about 5 points short of 2nd. We are boarderkline at this moment in time for 2nd but still short of it if looking at playoffs.

Its touch and go for Parker at the moment I reckon. Think its 60/40 in his favour at the moment...but tipping point could be soon.
Just the views of a long term fan

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on November 07, 2019, 12:56:44 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2019, 12:44:10 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2019, 11:31:14 AM
Quote from: filham on November 07, 2019, 11:27:43 AM
To sack Parker now would be a knee jerk reaction he needs to be given at least until Easter and sensibly another season.
However I do wonder how long us pro Parker fans can put up with poor results and performances coupled with this boring possession football.

It wouldn't be a knee jerk. But I do agree.
I have an unwritten rule that if a team lose 5 in a row then thats pretty much it for a manager (hence i understood Slav going) and when a manager gets sacked at other clubs I look at that.

If they have targets (unknow to fans) and fall short then the owners make a decsion. This is what happened to Kit.

The next is if the results and performamces are so mixed and a manager loses the crowd then they are close to the door.  he could win 2 and then lose 2 and be out.

Is it knee jerk to sack parker?

if the target at 16 games was to to be top 2 at the very least then I'd say as long as he was within 6 points he ok. If hes closer to 10 then that could be it.

if a realistic target was in the playoffs at the very least then hes close to boarderline and again within 6.

6pts is my figure that says they are short but within reach.

To catch say the top team if you are 6 pts ahead of you takes about 6 games if you win everyone in a row.

to catch a team in 6th which is 6 points ahead iof you it takes 5 games in a row won.

Both those are the types of runs a team make from time to time.

We are within all those boundaries at this time, hence i dont see him going anywhere as he/we still have a lot of time to catch up.....BUT hes now in that realm of form, that if he drops below a point a game over say 6 games, he could be in trouble.

Honestly, I don't disagree with that and I don't think unless we lose to Birmingham, he'll be gone but I'd like to think the owners will be at least looking at the fixtures alongside the table. If we'd of had a tough run in the last 6 games and we're within this range, I'd likely say it was a knee jerk but we really aren't. As someone else mentioned, if you look at Leeds and their run of 5 games compared to ours, and their last 5 compared to ours, you can only really deduce that the gap will likely widen unless we completely change (which it might) but if I'm the owner, I can 100% justify a replacement of someone with more experience based on performance and table against fixtures played.
As I have shown on fixtures played we are maybe 1-2 points short of where we should be for 6th and about 5 points short of 2nd. We are boarderkline at this moment in time for 2nd but still short of it if looking at playoffs.

Its touch and go for Parker at the moment I reckon. Think its 60/40 in his favour at the moment...but tipping point could be soon.

Thats fair. I just still can't get my head around the fixtures we've dropped points in specifically.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on November 07, 2019, 12:56:44 PM

I remember the tables you produced in our two more successful Championship seasons where you clearly demonstrated how difficult it is to play catch-up, and I agree it will not take much for Parker to cross the line which says 'enough is enough'.  Parker was signed up to get promotion; he was seemingly involved in all recruitment matters; supporters have high expectations given the apparent power we have up front but what is consistently missing are the results that put three points in the bag.  If the catching up process isn't bad enough (and it is much under estimated by some on here), it is also the need to stay at that level once you are up there with the leaders.  Parker has to produce a team that not only consistently puts points in the bag but looks the part when it is doing so, because that is how and where you obtain a psychological advantage over your opponents.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 11:06:54 AM
Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2019, 11:01:44 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 10:56:31 AM
Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2019, 10:54:59 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 10:32:10 AM
Statto and MJG, why wouldn't he? Just out of interest.

Well for a start, total mismatch for
- Our club and ethos
- The Khans' image
- Our 'head coach' structure
- Stats-based transfer selection
- Our tactics

See, I don't know if the Khans would see it like that. i agree with what your saying just not that the Khan's wouldn't consider him.

So you think Khan snr will say, "You know what Sam, I don't mind becoming linked with a major corruption scandal, we'll change our management structure for you, I'll demote my son below you, I'll terminate our involvement with his stats business, we'll change our player recruitment process, give you total control, and let you bring in a whole new team (even though FFP means we've no money to do that) that suits your tactics, and disregard the fact that our fans won't like you or your tactics."

I don't think they'd consider him if he didn't accept large sections of our already established structure but I doubt he'd be interested in the job if he didn't accept that.

Major corruption association is a fair enough point though.

You're probably right though, I just wouldn't put it past our owners to consider him.
I wouldn't put it passed out owners to splash out on Mourinho

The Old Count

Quote from: Jims Dentist on November 08, 2019, 05:53:17 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 11:06:54 AM
Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2019, 11:01:44 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 10:56:31 AM
Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2019, 10:54:59 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 05, 2019, 10:32:10 AM
Statto and MJG, why wouldn't he? Just out of interest.

Well for a start, total mismatch for
- Our club and ethos
- The Khans' image
- Our 'head coach' structure
- Stats-based transfer selection
- Our tactics

See, I don't know if the Khans would see it like that. i agree with what your saying just not that the Khan's wouldn't consider him.

So you think Khan snr will say, "You know what Sam, I don't mind becoming linked with a major corruption scandal, we'll change our management structure for you, I'll demote my son below you, I'll terminate our involvement with his stats business, we'll change our player recruitment process, give you total control, and let you bring in a whole new team (even though FFP means we've no money to do that) that suits your tactics, and disregard the fact that our fans won't like you or your tactics."

I don't think they'd consider him if he didn't accept large sections of our already established structure but I doubt he'd be interested in the job if he didn't accept that.

Major corruption association is a fair enough point though.

You're probably right though, I just wouldn't put it past our owners to consider him.
I wouldn't put it passed out owners to splash out on Mourinho

I forsee a Bracewell - Tigana scenario at the end of the season. Us finishing 8th to 12th, Parker makes way for Mourinho / Benitez / A N Other

The Rational Fan

I have an unwritten rule that if a team lose 5 in a row then thats pretty much it for a manager (hence i understood Slav going) and when a manager gets sacked at other clubs I look at that. If they have targets (unknow to fans) and fall short then the owners make a decsion. This is what happened to Kit.

The next is if the results and performamces are so mixed and a manager loses the crowd then they are close to the door,  he could win 2 and then lose 2 and be out. Is it knee jerk to sack parker?

If the target at 16 games was to to be top 2 at the very least then I'd say as long as he was within 6 points he ok. If hes closer to 10 then that could be it. If a realistic target was in the playoffs at the very least then hes close to boarderline and again within 6. 6pts is my figure that says they are short but within reach. To catch say the top team if you are 6 pts ahead of you takes about 6 games if you win everyone in a row, to catch a team in 6th which is 6 points ahead of you it takes 5 games in a row won. Both those are the types of runs a team make from time to time.

Another brilliant post by MJG, as you hinted its the expectations Scott Parker has set "The Khans" that will ultimately determine this season and if he falls short of those expectations he will gone. Just as important, is Scott Parker explanation for the causes of last years under performance, because obviously FFC would have done everything to address that problem and if fixing it doesn't make a difference, then "The Khans" will doubt his abilities as manager.

The most likely explanations that Parker gave for last years performance problems were TK's recruitment and/or Slavisa's tactics, but there could be other reasons. If they fix what Parker said were Fulham's problems and bad performance continues, then there must be another problem that Parker didn't identify. If Parker fails to identify the problems at the club for the season of 18/19, then I really doubt they will want him taking the team forward.

I have never believed that recruitment was last years problem, we had a decent enough team to at least finish 17th ahead of Brighton and Cardiff. I am happy to acknowledge the £100m wasn't spent well, but we were better than Cardiff in early 2018, we got better players than them in the summer and then Cardiff were then better than us in late 2018.

MJG

Think todays result at least kills all this talk for two weeks at least
Just the views of a long term fan

FFC1987

Well, let's at least hope we can finally build on this now. We just want to get ya up that table! Although no points gained on top 2 frustratingly.

Woolly Mammoth

We ground it out today, but sometimes we have to, otherwise we won't win a coconut. Mitro was superb today, it's surprising what can be achieved if players play as a unit, and roll up their sleeves and bust a gut.
Which is something not enough Fulham players have done often enough in the last 15 months. A successful team has to have a heart beat, without that its doome'd, no matter how many big time charlie's who are basically passengers are in the team. Playing as a unit, whether it's going forwards sideways and backwards. This result will at least improve moral, team spirit and confidence, and we needed it after last week. As I have often said a week let alone a month is a long time in football.
Don't panic Mr Mannering, not yet anyway.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.