watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri

Started by Spirit of 2000, November 05, 2019, 11:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Tony Khan at his worst - Seri, totally unsuited to the English game & actually not that good. Galatasaray won't select him & don't want him anymore. No idea if taking his wages back (as I presume they'll paying at least a percentage) will effect us adversely with ffp. Luxury lightweight, fairly slow player - wouldn't actually have him in a championship midfield - you could never get away with him & Cairney in the same midfield anyway.

Championship Player could return to Fulham in January – Talks to commence
Player could return to Fulham in January – Talks to commence
By Nihat Emre Kocaaslan -
4th November 2019

According to TRT Spor, Galatasaray will hold talks with Fulham with regards to sending Jean Michael Seri back to the Championship club.
The Turkish champions loaned Seri in the summer for €1.5m but the Ivorian midfielder hasn't been able to establish himself as a first-team regular under Fatih Terim.
Galatasaray are looking to strengthen their squad in January after a slow start to the season and former player Henry Onyekuru could return to the club on a loan deal from AS Monaco.
Subsequently due to the foreign player quota TRT Spor report, as covered by DeMarke, that Seri could leave the Super Lig club in January and head back to Fulham.
The 28 year old is currently down the pecking order at Galatasaray, with Fatih Terim preferring to use the likes of Steven Nzonzi and Mario Lemina ahead of him.
Seri's mistakes have cost Gala some valuable points this season and he was at fault for the Turkish side's recent 1-0 loss to Real Madrid in the Champions League.
The former Nice player is under contract with Fulham until June 2022.

Chutney

Hopefully we are not obliged to take him back, its their fault for signing him.
C O Y W

Mince n Tatties

The biggest sucker punch of all signing.
"Fulham beat Barcelona and Chelsea to sign Seri".
And the Fulham board really thought Barca were after him...Hilarious
Great piece of work by his agent.

gang

As Joca said, this is not a bus or a train station where you can just get on and off.
Galatasaray wanted him, now they have him.

Statto

It's in our economic interest to get him playing well, if only so we can get decent money if we sell him.

I suspect we'll only terminate the loan if we can get an alternative loan lined up, ie, at the same time as we recall him from Turkey, we announce he's going on loan to club X for the second half of the season. In that case, recalling him would be a smart move. 

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2019, 01:48:17 PM
It's in our economic interest to get him playing well, if only so we can get decent money if we sell him.

I suspect we'll only terminate the loan if we can get an alternative loan lined up, ie, at the same time as we recall him from Turkey, we announce he's going on loan to club X for the second half of the season. In that case, recalling him would be a smart move.

His reputation in France reasonable still I expect, so possibly a mid table ligue 1 side.

filham

I actually thought Seri was a nice footballer and never quite understood why he couldn't be used to our benefit.

What we must have learned though is that there is not room for both Cairney and Seri in the same team so if Seri returns to the Cottage it can only add to Parker's problems.

ByTheRiver

Hopefully we can do what Man Utd did to us in January last season when we tried to return Fosu-Mensah and cut short the loan.

"Sorry, pal, a deal is a deal. See you in May".

Bill2

Quote from: ByTheRiver on November 05, 2019, 03:56:47 PM
Hopefully we can do what Man Utd did to us in January last season when we tried to return Fosu-Mensah and cut short the loan.

"Sorry, pal, a deal is a deal. See you in May".
Absolutely, the man was a disaster still have nightmares over his pass to Sane in the Man City game.

Sgt Fulham

I don't understand what happened with Seri. He was excellent for a few games and then turned dismal. It makes no sense. I wouldn't want him back.

Penfold

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 05, 2019, 06:34:08 PM
I don't understand what happened with Seri. He was excellent for a few games and then turned dismal. It makes no sense. I wouldn't want him back.

I thought he looked really good first few games. All seemed to go pear shaped after an international break when the rumours about the deal involving him and MLM broke.

Skatzoffc

Surely this is a two way street for the deal and we don't have to retake him back til the end of the season.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

The Rational Fan

Galatasaray need to make room for another foreign player, they could definately make it worth our while to take him back as ££££££ talk.

@jolslover

If Parker could get him motivated I think he'd be an asset - don't think he would fancy the Champ tho
STH H3

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: @jolslover on November 06, 2019, 07:34:28 AM
If Parker could get him motivated I think he'd be an asset - don't think he would fancy the Champ tho

Exactly how I see it. Cairney - Reed - Seri would be very tasty.

Whitestone

Cairney, Seri, Arter gives a nice balance. Not so sure that Reed does enough of the defensive, sitting role and our defence needs more cover than it is currently getting.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Whitestone on November 06, 2019, 07:55:37 AM
Cairney, Seri, Arter gives a nice balance. Not so sure that Reed does enough of the defensive, sitting role and our defence needs more cover than it is currently getting.

Cairney & Seri could never play in same midfield - it's too lightweight even trying to incorporate TC with Cavaleiro & Knockaert or Reid, Never mind dropping out Harrison Reed or Stef Jo to incorporate that slacker Seri who beyond his 1st few games was an absolute disgrace. As others have said - tell them tough, you took him, you keep him as Man U did to us with Fosu Mensah unless an alternative destination is found to farm him off to.

FFC1987

Quote from: @jolslover on November 06, 2019, 07:34:28 AM

I still have hope Seri is a baller, but come on, what league does he fancy then? he certainly didn't the EPL, one of the best leagues, and didn't the Turkish league, a much more inferior league, so what on earth is he looking for?

Slaphead in Qatar

so he can't even cut it in the Turkish league. What a disgrace us paying so much for him.

At least anguisssa is getting picked reasonably regularly.

RP24

Strange that the loan round up from Fulham says he is establishing himself in the first team after another 90 minutes in their last game.