watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri

Started by Spirit of 2000, November 05, 2019, 11:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

I'm not sure it's entirely correct. He's played 167 minutes against Real M and PSG in the Champs league (lost both 1-0)and apart from red card suspension and injury been part of every Galatasary team.

Statto

Quote from: Jim© on November 06, 2019, 04:22:51 PM
I'm not sure it's entirely correct. He's played 167 minutes against Real M and PSG in the Champs league (lost both 1-0)and apart from red card suspension and injury been part of every Galatasary team.

According to transfermarkt, he's only started 4 out of 10 league games. One of those he got taken off at half-time, and in another, he got sent off. So only played 90 minutes twice. Of the remainder, he's been suspended for 2 matches, completely left out for another 2 matches, and on the bench for 2 matches.

Milo

Groan! We have bigger fish to fry than trying to help a man get back on his feet who clearly doesn't want to help himself.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Milo on November 06, 2019, 10:07:11 PM
Groan! We have bigger fish to fry than trying to help a man get back on his feet who clearly doesn't want to help himself.

Actually, we have bigger fish to fry now as we can still get promoted this season, but we may not have bigger fish to fry than Seri next season. If we don't get promoted Mitro will leave, plus if we don't sell Seri for £12m, then we have to sell someone apart from Mitro for £12m (probably Cairney).

Given our league position promotion will be hard this season, and next seasons promotion hopes depend on either a) Seri playing well this season with his sale funding Cairney staying or b) Cairney leaving and our promotion hopes relying on Seri being a championship superstar.

In other words, if we don't get promoted this season, we really need Seri to turn into a financial cash cow, a good player for us or we will end up in the financial situation of Middlesbough, Hull and Blackburn. Things are going to get pretty dier for Fulham very fast, as parchaste payments stop May 2021.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 06, 2019, 07:38:36 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on November 06, 2019, 07:34:28 AM
If Parker could get him motivated I think he'd be an asset - don't think he would fancy the Champ tho

Exactly how I see it. Cairney - Reed - Seri would be very tasty.
Seri is not fit to lace Harrison Reed's boots.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Jims Dentist on November 08, 2019, 05:01:49 PM
If Parker could get him motivated I think he'd be an asset - don't think he would fancy the Champ tho

:plus one:

Skatzoffc

Agreed.
Reed is much better.

Serie is not a problem for us to sort out. We have loaned him out to offset the ffp situation.

He doesn't want to play for us and has a high opinion of himself.
No need to fuss imo.
Leave him to stew
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Woolly Mammoth

Seri is a waste of space, another stat error of judgement. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear, some deluded supporters must get over it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

The longer Fulham blames recruitment as our #1 problem, the longer Fulham "doesn't address its number one problem".

Statistics show are #1 problem is "nearly all our players have got worse since the were last in the EFL".

R   Player   Rating 17/18,   Rating 19/20, Decrease
1   Alfie Mawson    7.46   vs 6.73   -0.73 (huge decrease)
2   Harry Arter   7.31   vs 6.77   -0.54
3   Anthony Knockaert   7.60   vs 7.11   -0.49 (very large decrease)
4   Aleksandar Mitrovic   7.65   vs 7.21   -0.44
5   Marcus Bettinelli   6.79   vs 6.37   -0.42
6   Tim Ream   7.05   vs 6.65   -0.40  (large decrease)
7   Bobby De Cordova-Reid    7.11   vs 6.72   -0.39
8   Denis Odoi    7.05   vs 6.66   -0.39
9   Harrison Reed    6.86   vs 6.64   -0.22 (medium decrease)
10   Tom Cairney   7.42   vs 7.20   -0.22
11   Stefan Johansen    6.89   vs 6.73   -0.16  (small decrease)
12   Joe Bryan   7.37   vs 7.37   0.00 (the same)
13   Ivan Cavaleiro   7.32   vs 7.33   0.01 (the same)

Our players have decreased 0.34 whoscored points per game, which is difference in a player quality at Leeds vs Barnsley.

We have been blaming recruitment, but based on past performance in the championship our team should be the best ever seen.

If all our players get a lot worse since last time in the Championship, then something other than recruitment is seriously wrong.

Facts Not Fiction

Erm...

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 09, 2019, 09:45:40 AM

Erm...

Seri had 93.5% pass accuracy for 90 minutes, while his team got smashed 6-0 by Real Madrid.

Reed had 90.4% pass accuracy for 90 minutes, while his team got smashed 3-0 by Hull City.

Seri and Reed are not fit to have anyone tiring their laces, until they improve their defensive positioning.

Twig

I'm with Statto on this (and partly TRF).  We need to get Seri playing successfully so we can sell him for a decent price. Otherwise we take a big loss and that hits our balance sheet and therefore, under FFP, our ability to strengthen the squad.  A recall followed immediately by another loan, probably in France, would make sense. Seri is doing nothing to add to his value at Gala and so a loan elsewhere could be best all round.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on November 09, 2019, 12:27:24 PM
I'm with Statto on this (and partly TRF).  We need to get Seri playing successfully so we can sell him for a decent price. Otherwise we take a big loss and that hits our balance sheet and therefore, under FFP, our ability to strengthen the squad.  A recall followed immediately by another loan, probably in France, would make sense. Seri is doing nothing to add to his value at Gala and so a loan elsewhere could be best all round.

Thanks, I wonder if Seri could help us get promoted through the playoffs, especially by keeping Cairney fresh with more rotation. TK accidentally delaying, Hector by six months, means we have saved £76k per week which is enough to cover Seri's wages. Seri maybe keen to work hard given his best path to Premier League maybe with us or at least getting expose in the playoffs.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 09, 2019, 12:36:15 PM

Thanks,
I wonder if Seri could help us get promoted through the playoffs, especially by keeping Cairney fresh with more rotation. TK accidentally delaying, Hector by six months, means we have saved £76k per week which is enough to cover Seri's wages. Seri maybe keen to work hard given his best path to Premier League maybe with us or at least getting expose in the playoffs.

I didn't think Seri showed much motivation in the Prem so I can't imagine him putting in a shift at the likes of Hull away in January!  I'd like to be proved wrong but he would have to demonstrate a massive change in attitude. I'd prefer us to find another loan opportunity for him in a league where he might thrive and enhance his value.  That said I get the point you are consistently making about the need for some rotation, sadly I think we lack the depth in several positions.

Penfold

Love to see how rated this mercenary is by people. He will probably do naff all until the year when his contract is about to expire in the hope some mugs will sign him.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on November 09, 2019, 01:16:48 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 09, 2019, 12:36:15 PM

Thanks,
I wonder if Seri could help us get promoted through the playoffs, especially by keeping Cairney fresh with more rotation. TK accidentally delaying, Hector by six months, means we have saved £76k per week which is enough to cover Seri's wages. Seri maybe keen to work hard given his best path to Premier League maybe with us or at least getting expose in the playoffs.

I didn't think Seri showed much motivation in the Prem so I can't imagine him putting in a shift at the likes of Hull away in January!  I'd like to be proved wrong but he would have to demonstrate a massive change in attitude. I'd prefer us to find another loan opportunity for him in a league where he might thrive and enhance his value.  That said I get the point you are consistently making about the need for some rotation, sadly I think we lack the depth in several positions.

I am sure if we try some of the reserve players many will surprise us, some in a good way and others will be disappointing. We need to play these players before the summer transfer window so we pick up the biggest gaps in the squad. Still think Rodak, Christie and MLM may prove to be useful players, although they need to play more for me to be confident as I haven't yet seen proof.

Skatzoffc

I thought the whole idea of loaning him out is to offset FFP.

The idea he will suddenly start playing for us in the championship, when he didn't give a rat's proverbial in the EPL, is deluded imo.

Let him stew in no-mans land.
It is not our job to save his career at the expense of a player who want's to play well for this club!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Twig

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 09, 2019, 02:35:36 PM
I thought the whole idea of loaning him out is to offset FFP.

The idea he will suddenly start playing for us in the championship, when he didn't give a rat's proverbial in the EPL, is deluded imo.

Let him stew in no-mans land.
It is not our job to save his career at the expense of a player who want's to play well for this club!

Don't disagree.  We just need to find a way to make some money when we offload him. A loan to a league where he might show a bit of form would polish his transfer value and benefit FFC accordingly.  Other than that I will be pleased to get rid.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 09, 2019, 04:15:22 AM
The longer Fulham blames recruitment as our #1 problem, the longer Fulham "doesn't address its number one problem".

Statistics show are #1 problem is "nearly all our players have got worse since the were last in the EFL".

Our players have decreased 0.34 whoscored points per game, which is difference in a player quality at Leeds vs Barnsley.

We have been blaming recruitment, but based on past performance in the championship our team should be the best ever seen.

If all our players get a lot worse since last time in the Championship, then something other than recruitment is seriously wrong.

What is seriously wrong is staring you in the Boat Race. Stats + our Crack Recruitment Unit = mediocrity.
That is why we are where we are and so many signings over a period of time have been failures, whether they  have cost a small fortune, or have cost 2 sheep and a goat, or are loans or free transfers, or big time charlie's, so many of these stats based signings have been poor characters, not a players player.
I am surprised you are surprised, but then again, maybe I shouldn't be. We do not appear at the moment to have players with enough desire, appetite and hunger, amongst other reasons. But I should not have to tell you that anyway, you can see that yourself, your expectations are too high, plus we are playing round pegs in square holes because of poor recruitment, but once again you should know that anyway. Perhaps if you ceased from waffling and fuffing around with stats and look at the realist side of this issue, which is scoring goals an not conceding goals, and how easy it is to work hard on and off the ball in the real football world.
If a player is having a bad game, he can still run around and bust a gut. Passing 5 yard balls to feet side ways at a slow tempo will not bring very much success in the Championship, but sweating blood with fire in your belly will give you a much better chance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 09, 2019, 02:59:19 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 09, 2019, 04:15:22 AM

What is seriously wrong is staring you in the Boat Race. Stats + our Crack Recruitment Unit = mediocrity.
That is why we are where we are and so many signings over a period of time have been failures, whether they  have cost a small fortune, or have cost 2 sheep and a goat, or are loans or free transfers, or big time charlie's, so many of these stats based signings have been poor characters, not a players player.
I am surprised you are surprised, but then again, maybe I shouldn't be. We do not appear at the moment to have players with enough desire, appetite and hunger, amongst other reasons. But I should not have to tell you that anyway, you can see that yourself, your expectations are too high, plus we are playing round pegs in square holes because of poor recruitment, but once again you should know that anyway. Perhaps if you ceased from waffling and fuffing around with stats and look at the realist side of this issue, which is scoring goals an not conceding goals, and how easy it is to work hard on and off the ball in the real football world.
If a player is having a bad game, he can still run around and bust a gut. Passing 5 yard balls to feet side ways at a slow tempo will not bring very much success in the Championship, but sweating blood with fire in your belly will give you a much better chance.

Bang on the money Wooly. Seri is an epitome of what can go wrong with stat based signings. The personality and character of a player is often much more important than his pass completion %