https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mawson

Started by bobby01, November 03, 2019, 11:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: toshes mate on November 05, 2019, 12:06:35 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 04, 2019, 12:42:09 PM
Tony Khan's recruitment problem is not "he is using statistics to recruit players",  it's that as soon as his recruits join Fulham their statistics nosedive. Whose fault is that?
I am guessing, of course, but perhaps the currently available statistics are not without major fault. Therefore by extrapolation TK may also be at fault if he has an over reliance upon them.  As Mark Twain reflected upon "Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable." .

I have the opposite view that, while there are a few statistical errors, most of the time statistics accurately reflex what they are intended to measure, which is how the player played.

For example, statistics say "Knockaert was awesome for Brighton in the Championship and poor for Fulham", statistics say "Bobby Reid was a goal scoring machine for Bristol and not for Fulham", statistics say "KMac and Stefjo were awesome in the Championship and poor in the Premier League" and statistics say "Betts was one of the best keepers in the championship 17/18 but not in 19/20".

Whether you are watching a game or seeing the game statistics, you often cone to the same conclusion that the player is good, then you watch another game and the player is rubbish doesn't mean the statistics are wrong for the previous game.

In nearly all cases i consider the statistics are correct, so i strongly think the statistics about Seri are also correct "a top ligue 1 player, good player for the first four games for Fulham and then he suddenly becomes rubbish".

I am sure if you watched Seri, you would come to same conclusion that we bought a top player that quickly became rubbish around the Man City game and never recovered costing Fulham around £22 millon. A similar thing happened to Fabri, Schullre, Anguissa and Bryan, with later two according to statistics returning to form.

FFCs are buying good players, our problem is they aren't so good in a Fulham shirt. I frankly don't know why these players turned rubbish, but i assume the coach should know and fix it. You can blame Tony Khan for paying £10 million too much, but if his value falls any more we will be selling Mitro to our recover our losses.