watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 06/11/19...

Started by WhiteJC, November 06, 2019, 08:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

So many vanilla and bland articles from 'football league world' - can we pick and choose a bit more? There's so little genuine substance in so many of those articles and they seem to be everywhere. They're watered down and frankly boring reads, all taken off a template generic writing style it feels. I'd be nice to have quality over quantity.

WhiteJC

Quote from: General on November 06, 2019, 03:17:43 PM
So many vanilla and bland articles from 'football league world' - can we pick and choose a bit more? There's so little genuine substance in so many of those articles and they seem to be everywhere. They're watered down and frankly boring reads, all taken off a template generic writing style it feels. I'd be nice to have quality over quantity.

are you volunteering to take over the news round-up?

MikeW

Grimmer starting to become a bit of a journeyman after high hopes in the early days.  Ainsworth gave him two year contract yet has hardly played.  Been injured?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

General

Quote from: whitejc on November 06, 2019, 04:18:31 PM
Quote from: General on November 06, 2019, 03:17:43 PM

are you volunteering to take over the news round-up?

Sorry, definitely not aimed at discrediting the work you do and have done. You're well aware that what you do has tremendous value and I have complimented and thanked you a lot in the past to exentuate this point. The majority of the context of that point was more frustration based at football league world and not the daily Fulham stuff. However, I think it's fair to have a moderate critical view on the amount of stuff that's started to come up from football league world and believe their quality in pieces lacks significantly enough. At one point they were using Charlie Jones sports as a source which many on this board have agreed seems to be a kid in the beginning of a fledgling career if not life in general such were the basic merits of his writings.

My understanding, although exceptionally limited and it could be wrong, is that a decision still needs to be made with regards to each article as it's not an automated process - if anything I'm encouraging you to save time if that is the case?