watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players for 2020/21

Started by Facts Not Fiction, November 06, 2019, 11:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

Many people have advocated for Parker to get more time, and possibly see out the season and go from there.

I, for one, don't think we can afford to run this risk, due to the contents of our squad with failure to get promoted. We would be set to lose easily 1/2 of the squad:

Christie
Le Marchand
McDonald
Cisse
Kebano
Reed
Arter
Reid
Cavaleiro
Knockaert

Leaving us with

Rodak
Sessegnon
Odoi
Mawson
Ream
Bryan
Cairney
Johansen
Onomah
Mitrovic
Kamara

Of the above, it could be expected that Johansen and Kamara may well leave too. Mitrovic almost certainly will be off. Leaving us with a first team of 8.

Worrying times ahead.

FFC1987

I could easily see Mitro, Cairney, Reid, Reed, Arter, Knockaert, Mawson and Bryan leaving post season among the ones you mentioned and what a drop down in quality we'd see next year. Really worrying stuff.

Maidstone Lee

I really can't see Mitrovic staying if we fail to go up this year. We were told to expect a top 2 challenge and we are massively underachieving at the moment. Something needs to change and change quickly.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 06, 2019, 11:58:13 AM
Many people have advocated for Parker to get more time, and possibly see out the season and go from there.

I, for one, don't think we can afford to run this risk, due to the contents of our squad with failure to get promoted. We would be set to lose easily 1/2 of the squad:

Christie
Le Marchand
McDonald
Cisse
Kebano
Reed
Arter
Reid
Cavaleiro
Knockaert

Leaving us with

Rodak
Sessegnon
Odoi
Mawson
Ream
Bryan
Cairney
Johansen
Onomah
Mitrovic
Kamara

Of the above, it could be expected that Johansen and Kamara may well leave too. Mitrovic almost certainly will be off. Leaving us with a first team of 8.

Worrying times ahead.

I think there's an element of "obligation to buy" in the Bobby Reid deal, hence Parker trying to fit him in even if that's to the detriment of the balance of the side - however your overall point is bang on and as I've said often, the league has nothing in terms of powers of the type we saw under Wolves & Newcastle recently & is generally  "average" - next season our squad will be weaker and ffp less favourable still. Throw away the opportunity to capitalise this season & next term that chance is going to be less likely, we cannot afford to be cut adrift.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 06, 2019, 12:07:38 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on November 06, 2019, 11:58:13 AM

Christie
Le Marchand
McDonald
Cisse
Kebano
Reed
Arter
Reid
Cavaleiro
Knockaert

Leaving us with

Rodak
Sessegnon
Odoi
Mawson
Ream
Bryan
Cairney
Johansen
Onomah
Mitrovic
Kamara

Worrying times ahead.

I think there's an element of "obligation to buy" in the Bobby Reid deal, hence Parker trying to fit him in even if that's to the detriment of the balance of the side - however your overall point is bang on and as I've said often, the league has nothing in terms of powers of the type we saw under Wolves & Newcastle recently & is generally  "average" - next season our squad will be weaker and ffp less favourable still. Throw away the opportunity to capitalise this season & next term that chance is going to be less likely, we cannot afford to be cut adrift.

In all of our loans, there is an option to buy. But as far as I'm aware, most are with promotion. So if we don't go up, the pre agreed deal may be gone, then it's down to the player.

Statto

Agree with the fundamental point that we will not be getting promoted in 20/21 or 21/22 so this season is our big chance

Disagree with the lists. For the reasons given above I think Reid will still be here. So will most of our current second string (Mcdonald, Christie et al) IMO. However, I can see Bryan, Cairney, Mitrovic and Mawson getting poached by PL clubs.

As to whether this means Parker should "get more time", IMO a lot of people are taking an oversimplistic approach to this - the "he's done poorly so let's sack him" approach. Actually, he's done so poorly, we're almost already at the point where a top 2 finish is impossible, under any manager, so the question should be "will Parker get us into the top 6"? Whilst I don't rate him, I still think he'll manage that so perhaps we should just leave him in place.

The Rational Fan

You haven't mentioned Anguissa, Seri, MLM and Fabri; next season we will have to sell them for more than £29m or we will be losing money on them so won't be able to pay the wage bill of existing players. Ideally, we need to sell them for £39m, which is looking unlkely.

The chance we may have to keep Seri (because he might not get 13.5m) and have to sell Cairney is looking increasingly likely (allowing us another £10m on the wages bill). If Parker cannot get us up with Cairney in his first season, then Parker will be proving himself with Seri and Onamah as his AM options.

People say Parker needs time, but this 19/20 season he has Cairney, Knockaert, Mitro & Cav; next 20/21 season he may have Seri, Onamah, Reid & Kebano; then the 21/22 season after he'll have Riley, Torres, MTC & Kebano.

I really doubt that time is going to get Parker delivering automatic promotion in any season, although making the playoffs for all three seasons will prove he is slowly developing into an exceptionally manager, but thats not much use to me as a FFC fan.

filham

So , we are going to lose players and possibly end up mid table at the end of the season.

On our current form none of the players other than Mitro and possibly Bryan look anything other than mid Championship quality, we could benefit from a change.

Carborundum

Seeing is believing and with demolition of the Riverside I have to think we will be getting a big new stand.  So eventually our multi-billionaire owner will probably  alight on a combination that gets us promoted - he has previous success.  Since I enjoy the Championship at least as much as the Premier League, getting more games at cheaper prices, it's not really as clear cut in my mind as perhaps it ought to be.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 07, 2019, 01:17:58 AM
You haven't mentioned Anguissa, Seri, MLM and Fabri; next season we will have to sell them for more than £29m or we will be losing money on them so won't be able to pay the wage bill of existing players. Ideally, we need to sell them for £39m, which is looking unlkely.

The chance we may have to keep Seri (because he might not get 13.5m) and have to sell Cairney is looking increasingly likely (allowing us another £10m on the wages bill). If Parker cannot get us up with Cairney in his first season, then Parker will be proving himself with Seri and Onamah as his AM options.

People say Parker needs time, but this 19/20 season he has Cairney, Knockaert, Mitro & Cav; next 20/21 season he may have Seri, Onamah, Reid & Kebano; then the 21/22 season after he'll have Riley, Torres, MTC & Kebano.

I really doubt that time is going to get Parker delivering automatic promotion in any season, although making the playoffs for all three seasons will prove he is slowly developing into an exceptionally manager, but thats not much use to me as a FFC fan.

Fulham were mugged when they purchased Seri, Anguissa, MLM and Fabri. The cost of them as a job lot was daylight robbery, their clubs Fulham signed them from must have laughed all the way to the bank. But what magnifies it even more is, what bad signings they were, all brought in via the stats obsessed recruitment unit, that was really bright, and typical, as none of them were good enough to claim a regular place in the starting 11. Millions wasted, due to incompetence and that is criminal. We will be lucky to get half that amount we paid for them, and that's not including their wage bill, and what exactly was their impact on our team, Jack Poo.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 07, 2019, 10:35:01 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 07, 2019, 01:17:58 AM

Fulham were mugged when they purchased Seri, Anguissa, MLM and Fabri. The cost of them as a job lot was daylight robbery, their clubs Fulham signed them from must have laughed all the way to the bank. But what magnifies it even more is, what bad signings they were, all brought in via the stats obsessed recruitment unit, that was really bright, and typical, as none of them were good enough to claim a regular place in the starting 11. Millions wasted, due to incompetence and that is criminal. We will be lucky to get half that amount we paid for them, and that's not including their wage bill, and what exactly was their impact on our team, Jack Poo.

Please explain how Fabri was chosen on statistics alone, he was voted the best goalkeeper in the turkish league two years running, which was voted on by people watching him keep. People watching him thought he was the best keeper playing in Turkey, were they blind?