watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Line-up v Birmingham

Started by Friendsoffulham, November 07, 2019, 09:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

With Bryan out this Saturday, how do you see us lining up against Birmingham, and who fills in at LB? Let us know your preferred 11 below

Statto

If I were the manager... as above but Knockaert (or Reid) on LEFT and Cavalerio on RIGHT

We Are Premier League

Let's go for it...

Mitro
Knock Reid Cava
Reed Cair
Odoi Ream Maw Sess

The Rational Fan

For the next two games, I would like to see the same back four as against Liverpool(A), Southampton (H), Chelsea(A) and Leicester (H); where we conceeded seven goals in four tough games. The defense was better then thsn now with three against Hull, two against Luton, two against Stoke and two against Charlton.

The back four of Christie, Odoi, Mawson and MLM should be able to improve in their 1.75 goals per game in the premier league to be better than our current 1.3 goal per game our last 11 Chsmpionship games.

Logic is, I think we need to try a RB with ability to get up and back as Christie can do; we need a CB with more pace tlike Odoi; at LCB i would try Mawson while Reams on the international break and MLM will fill the LB role until Bryan comes back.

Cav   Mitro   Knockaert
    Cairney  Stefjo
            Reed
MLM Mawson Odoi Christie
             Betts

Subs to Use: S.Sess for a full back, Onamah for Stefjo and Reid for Mitro
Subs for Cover: Rodak, KMac, Kebano and Kamara

Not the best team, but a little backline rotation will help us long term, especially as the backline can train together through the international break.

Riversider

If Mitrovic picks up a yellow he misses the QPR game.

SuffolkWhite

Lets try 4 in midfield and change tact.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

twang

Bettinelli
            Odoi - Mawson - Ream
Cavaleiro - Reed - Johansen - Knockaert
                       Cairney
                   Reid - Mitrovic

As we have no decent full back fit and in form, why play them? I know the back three backfired horribly against Stoke and should never have been used in that match but IMHO this is a much better balanced one with Mawson in the middle where he's most comfortable and Odoi and Ream wider where they have experience of playing.

Spirit of 2000

I think the tactics & style of play are currently a lot more important than the line-up/formation, 4-4-1-1, 3-5-2, 4-3-3 playing Reid, Knockaert, Sess or uncle Tom Cobley will all be equally ineffective whilst we pass the ball 35 times backwards & sideways in our own half & on the half way line whilst the opposition look on totally un-concerned before one of our inverted wingers cuts in and balloons one 15 yards over the bar or tries a hopeful/hopeless cross from deep as our style of play isn't conducive to wingers getting to the bi-line & cutting the ball back.

Andy S

I'm wondering if the game will still be on after all that rain

Andy S

Three at the back is what lost us last weeks game. We do not have the players to play it

filham

Quote from: Andy S on November 08, 2019, 09:12:11 AM
Three at the back is what lost us last weeks game. We do not have the players to play it
For us three at the back means three in the back of our net, don't even think about it.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 08, 2019, 08:30:43 AM
I think the tactics & style of play are currently a lot more important than the line-up/formation, 4-4-1-1, 3-5-2, 4-3-3 playing Reid, Knockaert, Sess or uncle Tom Cobley will all be equally ineffective whilst we pass the ball 35 times backwards & sideways in our own half & on the half way line whilst the opposition look on totally un-concerned before one of our inverted wingers cuts in and balloons one 15 yards over the bar or tries a hopeful/hopeless cross from deep as our style of play isn't conducive to wingers getting to the bi-line & cutting the ball back.

The players in Parker's team look big and strong, plus they are very good at passing backwards and sideways. Is this Rugby Football?

SuffolkWhite

4411 for me gives us more in midfield and also Reid behind Mitro for some over the top balls to run on to. Depending on the team we are playing you can switch the midfield around with Johanson and Artur.

Betts

Chrisitie  Mawson Ream  Odoi

Knockhart Reed Cairny  Cav

Reid

Mitro
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

alfulham

Statto

Quote from: alfulham on November 08, 2019, 09:38:10 AM
Can we change the goalkeeper
Wouldnt be unreasonable to give Rodak another shot IMO but can see it happening

filham

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on November 08, 2019, 07:14:39 AM
Lets try 4 in midfield and change tact.
Yes, and play Cairney deeper with instructions to get long early balls forward to strkers and wide men in space.

Maidstone Lee

We need Knockhaert on the left and Cav on the right. We are far too narrow.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

KJS

Team as posted but I would think about leaving TC out and playing Reid

Jim©

Quote from: KJS on November 08, 2019, 01:50:42 PM
Team as posted but I would think about leaving TC out and playing Reid

You realise he's created the 2nd highest amount of chances in the division?

I wish we had a Brede to play here- Brum score loads of headed goals...

Dixie

Why not have Sess on the left - that's where he seems to play for England U21s, with good effect...
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!