https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v hull last observation

Started by ALG01, November 08, 2019, 09:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

The wether had been terrible and there had been much rain

before the game we watered the pitch

Why? It seemed to me that was madness. Either it was an error and if so a very bad one, or if it was askked for it was an even worse error IMO.

The Rock

I've seen that before as well when it was raining, or just rained, and they turn the sprinklers on. Seems senseless or poor planing or both.

MJG

I'm led to believe the drainage on these new pitches is very good and in fact they do that to still keep the grass as slick as possible.
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

Can't understand it as it must leave a slippery surface and increase the risk of an injury.

Dr Quinzel

That grass is like nothing I've ever touched before. It doesn't feel real. I'm sure they're watering it because the drainage is so good and it needs it. Don't think it's turning into Iver Rec anytime soon.

The Rock

Makes sense - I actually went to one of those tours or something on a non-game day when I was in town and had some free time off work and illegally touched my tippy toe on the surface, and indeed it is quite lush. You could probably sleep on it.

Skatzoffc

Are you qualified as a Championship   groundskeeper.

If not what is the point of this post?
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

ALG01

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 08, 2019, 08:07:51 PM
Are you qualified as a Championship   groundskeeper.

If not what is the point of this post?

I do not appreciate such a rude response. It is not worthy. I am not a professssional footballer but comment on tactics and team selection.
I am not a politician but comment on the state of the nation i am not a psychologist but know a very unnecesarilly rude person when they make foolish comments!

love4ffc

I have seen modern pitches where the grass is half real and half fake.  The real grass is seeded and planted in between tufts of fake turf grass.  The pitch is mowed to the height of the fake tufts of grass and is supposedly held better in place by the fake tufts of grass. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: MJG on November 08, 2019, 04:03:23 PM
I'm led to believe the drainage on these new pitches is very good and in fact they do that to still keep the grass as slick as possible.

Interestingly last time Fulham went to St Andrews Stadium, it was rumoured they didn't water the pitch much and it ended our unbeaten run.