watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Arter & Sessegnon

Started by Jeroen, November 09, 2019, 02:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeroen

Does anyone know what happened with these two?

Arter was one of our best players until his red card and is now not even worthy for the bench

Sess was doing well, yes made some mistakes, but the same you get from Odoi

What is happening?!?!

Ferret95

Arter injured sess simply dropped I believe

filham

Reed has been playing so well that Arter is not missed, also Arter was a red card waiting to happen.

The Rational Fan

Steven Sessegnon didn't get named in u19 England, i assume he's injuried.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 13, 2019, 06:46:59 AM
Steven Sessegnon didn't get named in u19 England, i assume he's injuried.

A slight correction is that Steven's been with the U21 this season. He is however not in that squad either, meaning that he is either dropped or injured. As a side note, Ryan is back in the U21 squad for the two upcoming games.

As others have said, Arter is injured.

Bassey the warrior

Arter was suspended then Reed impressed and I don't think we're missing Arter. Good player but Reed is better at passing.
I have been impressed with Sessegnon but he's made a few mistakes. Christie should get a run in now, but we need to give Sessegnon more games to improve.

Does anyone know how long his contract is for?

Sting of the North

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 13, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Arter was suspended then Reed impressed and I don't think we're missing Arter. Good player but Reed is better at passing.
I have been impressed with Sessegnon but he's made a few mistakes. Christie should get a run in now, but we need to give Sessegnon more games to improve.

Wasn't Arter back in place of Reed after the suspension? And then he got injured. Also don't believe they are like for like, as Reed seem to be better suited to the number 6 role.

Sess has a contract until summer 2022.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 13, 2019, 02:57:14 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 13, 2019, 02:20:04 PM

Wasn't Arter back in place of Reed after the suspension? And then he got injured. Also don't believe they are like for like, as Reed seem to be better suited to the number 6 role.

Sess has a contract until summer 2022.

You may be right. For me Arter is more like Sidwell, he's happier as a box to box/midfield enforcer than sitting in front of the back four. He will definitely be a good asset for us but I think Reed is the better holding midfielder.

toshes mate

According to one report (BBC?) I read, Arter's injury was described as unspecified.  Delicate subject perhaps. 

The Rational Fan

Reed may have kept Arter out of the starting XI, but i really doubt Arter wouldn't make the matchday 18 if fit. As for Steven Sessegnon, he lost his place in u21, but if he was fit surely he'd make the u19 or u20 England team. I wonder how long the injuries with S.Sess, MLM, Bryan and Arter will last, they will be needed in the three game match week.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 13, 2019, 09:20:25 PM
Reed may have kept Arter out of the starting XI, but i really doubt Arter wouldn't make the matchday 18 if fit. As for Steven Sessegnon, he lost his place in u21, but if he was fit surely he'd make the u19 or u20 England team. I wonder how long the injuries with S.Sess, MLM, Bryan and Arter will last, they will be needed in the three game match week.

I might be wrong, but I believe usually players are not sent back down once they have "graduated" to a higher level. I cannot back this up however as I haven't looked into it properly.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 13, 2019, 09:34:27 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 13, 2019, 09:20:25 PM

I might be wrong, but I believe usually players are not sent back down once they have "graduated" to a higher level. I cannot back this up however as I haven't looked into it properly.

You maybe right, but I don't think its good for players like Steven Sessegnon development not play u20 because he has played u21 but not currently good enough for u21.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Jeroen on November 09, 2019, 02:08:20 PM
Does anyone know what happened with these two?

Arter was one of our best players until his red card and is now not even worthy for the bench

Sess was doing well, yes made some mistakes, but the same you get from Odoi

What is happening?!?!
Sess seemed to have lost all confidence in his last game (Charlton, i think) and Odoi is a better player and more confident at this level at the moment. Add Christie came back in and put in a good performance last week, so maybe he has simply been dropped?? I am sure Sess will come back again but for now, I think Odoi is the man for me at RB.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Mickeyboro

Any father of a teenager will realise how easily confidence comes and goes. He needed reassurance not dropping... anyone can have a bad half!