watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A poor season ahead

Started by davew, November 09, 2019, 03:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Reviewing the wins we have achieved so far this season, the highest placed team we have beaten is Millwall (placed 16th as per the table at the moment), says it all really and we still have most of the top teams still to play. My revised prediction for us this season is 15th or worse.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

A month in football is a long time, so I am still keeping an open mind. But I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I have heard some of our supporters stating that we have the best team the best squad.
But I do believe we have a chance of top six, but only if we can improve the team in January. Having said that, I expect Fulham to get a result any result today.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 09, 2019, 04:16:13 PM
A month in football is a long time, so I am still keeping an open mind. But I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I have heard some of our supporters stating that we have the best team the best squad.
But I do believe we have a chance of top six, but only if we can improve the team in January. Having said that, I expect Fulham to get a result any result today.
And we did and now another international break, what a joke!!!

west kowloon white

Always enjoy your positive outlook- yep a narrow three points against lowly Birmingham confirms your pessimistic outlook-enjoy your weekend- please.

SP

Quote from: west kowloon white on November 09, 2019, 05:34:03 PM
Always enjoy your positive outlook- yep a narrow three points against lowly Birmingham confirms your pessimistic outlook-enjoy your weekend- please.

Brum's home form is decent.

snarks

Quote from: davew on November 09, 2019, 03:41:39 PM
Reviewing the wins we have achieved so far this season, the highest placed team we have beaten is Millwall (placed 16th as per the table at the moment), says it all really and we still have most of the top teams still to play. My revised prediction for us this season is 15th or worse.

But you are a professional cynic. Millwall were unbeaten when we played them

Mince n Tatties

Dave my friend, stop supping the Gin its
depressing you.😊

RoyTund

Our front 5/6 are better than pretty much anything in this division. Overall squad should finish somewhere in the top 6. Some form and finding the right mix could mean more. The opposite would mean midtable. Tight tight league.

WhiteJC

Quote from: SP on November 09, 2019, 05:37:00 PM

Birmingham have now lost twice at home this season, they've won the other home games so their home form is decent, better than ours anyway

davew

Glad you enjoy it, just reminding people that we haven´t beaten any team of quality so far this season which to me sets off a few alarm bells. I find it amusing that we are labelled the team with the most quality in the Championship especially by opposing managers, are they lulling us into a false sense of security? The 3 points today will certainly mean it will be a more enjoyable weekend than most recently!

FFC1987

As a rather critical moaner of late, enjoy the wins and look to build. I for one will be enjoying my weekend with a glass of port knowing we're currently 5th and a win under our belts even if we didn't close on top 2.

davew

Quote from: snarks on November 09, 2019, 05:45:06 PM
Reviewing the wins we have achieved so far this season, the highest placed team we have beaten is Millwall (placed 16th as per the table at the moment), says it all really and we still have most of the top teams still to play. My revised prediction for us this season is 15th o
Quote from: snarks on November 09, 2019, 05:45:06 PM

But you are a professional cynic. Mill wall we're unbeaten when we played them
And Stoke, Barnsley, Boro, Hull

But you are a professional cynic. Mill wall we're unbeaten when we played them
LOL, we should have gone from strength to strength then (lol), instead of going backwards, that is not being cynical that is being factual, good idea for you to refresh yourself with recent results, maybe I have misread them?

davew

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 09, 2019, 07:04:14 PM
As a rather critical moaner of late, enjoy the wins and look to build. I for one will be enjoying my weekend with a glass of port knowing we're currently 5th and a win under our belts even if we didn't close on top 2.
Think you might have started the port before making the posting, we are currently 6th!! Don´t think we were ever 5th today at any time?

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 09, 2019, 05:47:10 PM
depressing you.😊
Thanks for the good advice, I have to inform you though that I have not had any gin for over 10 days now, too risky being at a lake (fishing) for 10 days, but now I am back home I will toast your good health later!

davew

Quote from: whitejc on November 09, 2019, 06:41:24 PM
Quote from: SP on November 09, 2019, 05:37:00 PM
Good point JC, I look forward to watching the 90 minutes replay tomorrow. We are only 1/3 of the way through the season and though I haven´t done exact calculations and analysis, we still have to play most of the top teams, the few we have played we haven´t beaten, perhaps form will go out of the window (I hope it does) and we beat all of them! We will all be wiser when we are halfway through the season, after todays win, I predict we will be about 12th.

Birmingham have now lost twice at home this season, they've won the other home games so their home form is decent, better than ours anyway

Peabody

Quote from: davew on November 09, 2019, 07:10:10 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 09, 2019, 05:47:10 PM
depressing you.😊
Thanks for the good advice, I have to inform you though that I have not had any gin for over 10 days now, too risky being at a lake (fishing) for 10 days, but now I am back home I will toast your good health later!

Dave, Dave, Dave, haven't responded to you much lately, found your responses very depressing, glad to see you haven't changed. I honestly believe that form is temporary  , just wish you could look at it that way as well.

FFC1987

Quote from: davew on November 09, 2019, 07:07:39 PM
Think you might have started the port before making the posting, we are currently 6th!! Don´t think we were ever 5th today at any time?

Ah yes....I was watching full time and it showed the table with us in 5th at time.....ah well.

davew

Peabody as a seasoned veteren like myself it is nice to hear your rare and valued response to my comments which have been rarely posted on here lately as well. I have not given up hope on what FFC can achieve this season but sometimes as a lifetime supporter like yourself we all have different ways of letting out our frustration, every club in the land has frustrated fans not just FFC! I choose to bang the keyboard, my views are sincere but also intended to attract constructive comments, doesn´t always succeed though. We all (I hope on this forum) want the same thing success for the club!

davew

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 09, 2019, 07:33:45 PM
Quote from: davew on November 09, 2019, 07:07:39 PM

Ah yes....I was watching full time and it showed the table with us in 5th at time.....ah well.
It doesn´t matter though, enjoy your port and we will continue this debate another time.

Spirit of 2000

Very happy with an excellent 3 points and being back up to 6th. Hopefully its the start of an impressive run against some stern opponents to come. Although critical of Parker and a long way from convinced by him, I'd love nothing better than for him to prove me wrong and get us promoted. COYW!