A poor season ahead

Started by davew, November 09, 2019, 03:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Quote from: davew on November 09, 2019, 07:10:10 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 09, 2019, 05:47:10 PM
Dave my friend, stop supping the Gin its
depressing you.😊
Thanks for the good advice, I have to inform you though that I have not had any gin for over 10 days now, too risky being at a lake (fishing) for 10 days, but now I am back home I will toast your good health later!

Fly or carp?

10 days solid coarse fishing typically done abroad eg France isn't it? I'm a bit out of touch these days.

Woolly Mammoth

depressing you.😊
Thanks for the good advice, I have to inform you though that I have not had any gin for over 10 days now, too risky being at a lake (fishing) for 10 days, but now I am back home I will toast your good health later!

Not had any Vera Lynn over the last ten days you say. Well that's the solution then, you are clearly not getting enough of the stuff.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Milo on November 09, 2019, 08:20:17 PM
depressing you.😊

Fly or carp?

I think he went by Ferry.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Funny how a tight win like that today can restore our confidence and with two home games now to come we can again start to dream of a possible promotion chasing season.

There were a few other positives today besides the 3 valuable points:-

1. We won without Cairney playing,

2. We kept a clean sheet away from home

3. Christie had a good game and with his pace could turn out to be a success at right back.

4. Rodak back in goal had a good game and kept a clean sheet could now become first choice keeper.

5. We won with both of our left backs unavailable for the second half.

Woolly Mammoth

Also a mention for Harrison Reed who was second only to Mitro as man of the match.

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

Havent read all the above as away but a win is a win and I see we are sixth so a good day. Whats everyone worried about? If Christie played well good on him. Love the Champ  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: snarks on November 09, 2019, 05:45:06 PM
Quote from: davew on November 09, 2019, 03:41:39 PM
Reviewing the wins we have achieved so far this season, the highest placed team we have beaten is Millwall (placed 16th as per the table at the moment), says it all really and we still have most of the top teams still to play. My revised prediction for us this season is 15th or worse.

But you are a professional cynic. Millwall were unbeaten when we played them

Sorry to disagree, we thrashed them.   :0)
The best performance so far
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

davew

depressing you.😊

Fly or carp?

10 days solid coarse fishing typically done abroad eg France isn't it? I'm a bit out of touch these days.
Carp Milo, I used to have my own lake in France "Etang des Moulinots" carp to 76lbs, I sold up in 2012.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on November 10, 2019, 07:12:37 AM
depressing you.😊

Fly or carp?

Carp Milo, I used to have my own lake in France "Etang des Moulinots" carp to 76lbs, I sold up in 2012.

I'm looking for a garden gnome with a fishing rod to sit by my pond behind shed...Are you available?😜

davew

Mince you couldn´t afford my charge out rates!

Lighthouse

I blame computer games. Fans treat football like a stats game on a computer. We only won to sides with R in their name but only won against sides who have more starch in their shirts. Football and Human Beings really don't conform to averages. What stats are their for is to give people a reason to spend ages over spread sheets. But out last three games rather proves my point.

Didn't concede a goal away from home despite playing with ten men for most of the game. Lose three nil at home against an average side. Win away against a side with a good home record without conceding again.

We may have a poor season ahead but it wont be because we have only won against sides who are outside the top 10 or whatever. It will be because over a season, injury and suspensions and a squad that couldn't cope with that fell short.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on November 10, 2019, 10:56:38 AM

I can go to 13/6d an hour.
And the wife cooks a mean Macaroni n Cheese.😉

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 10, 2019, 05:24:29 PM
Quote from: davew on November 10, 2019, 10:56:38 AM

I can go to 13/6d an hour.
And the wife cooks a mean Macaroni n Cheese.😉
Sounds good, drinks supplied f.o.c.?