watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well done Cyrus Christie

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, November 09, 2019, 05:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Haven't seen any highlights as yet, however sorely tempted to vote for Christie from GJ's commentary and for the fact the guy has been through a tough season so far.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

keith

Christie was good and Staff Jo excellent.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Buffalo76 on November 09, 2019, 05:04:30 PM
Pity Mitro will now miss the Ha Ha's game after his yellow card though 🤨

QPR will be without Geoff Cameron for the same reason, clutching at straws I know but they'll be without a "key" defender whilst we've lost our most potent attacker, perhaps they cancel each other?

Denver Fulham

Glad to see Cyrus do well. He provides attacking down the right flank that we haven't had this season, his generally erratic crossing aside.

I don't know what Parker sees in Onomah, but I haven't seen anything that says he should receive playing time.

Baszab

Was at the game and a great fighting performance from all the players (except Onomah who looks like he couldn't give a fig about FFC other than to collect his wages)
SJo and Mitro absolute class

Carborundum

His overlapping run to deliver cross leading to the goal was exactly what we lacked against Hull.  Well done Cyrus.

bahay18

Agreed . Well done Cyrus . Sometimes players need a turning point .

Statto

Quote from: Carborundum on November 09, 2019, 07:48:10 PM
His overlapping run to deliver cross leading to the goal was exactly what we lacked against Hull.  Well done Cyrus.

Good to hear

Fair play to the bloke

Sgt Fulham

Was well received by the Fulham fans when he came on and had a good game. Hopefully it's the start of a redemption between the two.

Matt10

I've always liked Christie. Last season was forgettable, and the part that bugged me with him is how poor his crosses were in the PL. Compared to our promo season he crossed in two goals, both for Mitro (including Mitro's debut goal for us). He's got pace and strength, and is a very capable right back. I hope he continues and eventually earns his spot back. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy as well.

One Martin Thomas

We need a right back ! Christie please be it ....

Woolly Mammoth

I am very pleased for Christie, maybe this is the turning point and the break he needs. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

Wasn't at the game but really pleased to hear positive reports about Cyrus Christie. I'm unsure why he hasn't started a game in the Championship this season. Lets be fair the whole defence we're out of their depth last season so don't understand why Cyrus has been left out this season. He's proven at this level and gives us an attacking threat that Denis Odoi doesn't.

Dodgin

I gave him MOTM vote, just for the pressure he may well have been under

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Whitestone on November 09, 2019, 10:40:00 PM
Wasn't at the game but really pleased to hear positive reports about Cyrus Christie. I'm unsure why he hasn't started a game in the Championship this season. Lets be fair the whole defence we're out of their depth last season so don't understand why Cyrus has been left out this season. He's proven at this level and gives us an attacking threat that Denis Odoi doesn't.
If you look back to the start of the season the reason he was dropped was that this was Sessignon's time. Odoi was seen as better cover. Then Sess has one bad game and is dropped to oblivion now and Christie is back. For a guy desperately short of confidence this was a steady performance, good for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quark, strangeness and charm

Mickeyboro

Quote from: YoungsBitter on November 10, 2019, 08:28:25 AM
If you look back to the start of the season the reason he was dropped was that this was Sessignon's time. Odoi was seen as better cover. Then Sess has one bad game and is dropped to oblivion now and Christie is back. For a guy desperately short of confidence this was a steady performance, good for him!

Trouble is, Sess has now been frozen out like. Christie was. Parker is no man manager. These guys are assets; they need an arm round them. With Parker it seems you are either flavour of the month or nowhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JimOG

Christie is very, very quick and just might be our new Fredericks. What is often missed is that he's also quite tall 6ft 2ins - taller than Ream and with pace to burn. But yes there's a slip waiting to happen too...

bog

Glad to hear Cyrus played well. Perhaps another Chris Baird. He used to get booed when he came on but under Roy became a revered hero called Bairdinho! Christonio!

092.gif   

JEEVES

I was crying out for Cyrus to start at RB and Odoi at left back as he has played many times in his career. I was so annoyed to see MLM on the team sheet instead. It worrys me the length of time it took Parker to realise this is our best option without Bryan.

MJG

Quote from: Mickeyboro on November 10, 2019, 08:30:48 AM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on November 10, 2019, 08:28:25 AM

Trouble is, Sess has now been frozen out like. Christie was. Parker is no man manager. These guys are assets; they need an arm round them. With Parker it seems you are either flavour of the month or nowhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
'Frozen Out' he's missed one game. He's in his first full season and was never expected to pkay every game. Just like any other youngster he has hit a  blip of bad form and found step up tough. Hardly frozen out.
Just the views of a long term fan