watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodak No 1?

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 09, 2019, 06:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Scotty bringing him back in preference to Betts.

Slaphead in Qatar

Definitely the number 1 choice at the moment and played well today

FFC1987

Just such a shame with the red card as, by today's performance, he's very good but could of lost out due to one silly error. Be interesting to see what happens now!

Statto

Today must be the first time our GK has played better than the opposition's GK, and look what happens - we win an otherwise very close game

Whitestone

Bettinelli should have been dropped weeks ago. Parker should have seen that based on performances but chose to stick with him. I had my doubts that Rodak would be recalled after the sending off incident even though it was a no brainer. Fair play to the manager it must have been a tough decision but the correct one. The position is surely Rodak's to lose now.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on November 09, 2019, 07:48:10 PM
Today must be the first time our GK has played better than the opposition's GK, and look what happens - we win an otherwise very close game

Great day for the club in terms of the squad depth, there are signs that one of Rodak and Christie can be a first XI player, preventing our winter transfer budget being spread among too many positions (eg GK & RB).

The money saved in Hector delay (a blessing and a curse) means we definately have enough money for at least one top player (eg RB), two average players (eg GK & RB), or four crap players (GK, RB, backup LB & backup CF).

The more players that can step up, the more focused our investment can be. Rodak, Christie, MLM and Reid need to prove that we are better using any budget in positions they don't play.

Mince n Tatties

I think by bringing him back today after what happened, shows Scotty thinks Rodak is his No 1.

SG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 10, 2019, 06:15:31 AM
I think by bringing him back today after what happened, shows Scotty thinks Rodak is his No 1.

Agreed. Although I was surprised to see him start that was a massive statement of intent by the manager. Good luck to the lad.

colinwhite

Scott is his own man . Backs his own judgemnet. A brave decision to bring back Rodak .it worked

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I have only seen the highlights but Rodak looked very positive in what he expected of his defenders and let them know it.

fulhamben

You can't drop a keeper after a clean sheet, so imo the shirt is his till he does something to lose it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: fulhamben on November 10, 2019, 09:40:46 AM
You can't drop a keeper after a clean sheet, so imo the shirt is his till he does something to lose it

Agreed ! Especially with our defence ! We would not have won with Betts in goal yesterday

@jolslover

Top performance by Rodak today .. after his two previous starts I was not sure he was an improvement on Betts but he came in today and had a class game
STH H3

filham

Great performances by both Rodak and Christie today that suggest both the RB and and GK positions may be sorted for the second half of the season. As we have a new centre back waiting in the wings any available transfer mony can now be concentrated on a back up goalscorer.

LittleErn

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on November 10, 2019, 09:36:38 AM
I have only seen the highlights but Rodak looked very positive in what he expected of his defenders and let them know it.

Absolutely. It was noticeable how he bawled them out after any defensive lapse - and from what I saw, he was generally right!

..FOF..

Quote from: LittleErn on November 10, 2019, 12:42:39 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on November 10, 2019, 09:36:38 AM

Absolutely. It was noticeable how he bawled them out after any defensive lapse - and from what I saw, he was generally right!

Watching the Birmingham game, I don't have that usual extreme nervousness whenever we were being attacked.

Hopefully that is down to the improved communication between our keeper and the defence.

RaySmith

He shouldn't have been dropped because of the sending off, when he actually did well to make the  decision to come off his line so quickly, but was unlucky the ball hit his arm.

Great performance  against  Brum anyway.

toshes mate

Not so fussed about who is nominal number one, but more interested in watching the differences that Rodak makes to defenders as compared to Bettinelli.  After our opponent's first shot on target it was good to see Rodak communicating with Odoi about why the shot became possible without yelling.  I didn't mark the sending off as a fault against Rodak - I still believe he was unfortunate to be judged to have handled the ball - and so I felt his return on Saturday was expected.  He is playing well and deserves his spot.  If a young player shows potential and appears to be better than the competition for the place then they merit inclusion regardless.

Woolly Mammoth

Rodak is wearing the Goalkeeper Shirt now, and it is his to lose, it's up to Betts to win it back if he gets the opportunity.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jim©

Quote from: Statto on November 09, 2019, 07:48:10 PM

I don't think this can be underestimated- it's huge and if it'd happened just a couple of times this season, I'm sure we'd be looking at a top 2 place. Betts is Mr Fulham and I like the fella, but he's been under performing all season.