watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oh no mah

Started by Finnans Right Peg, November 09, 2019, 07:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Yesterday he was poor but honestly you can't be writing him off till he's had a few starts

The below video I made https://streamable.com/oi4vy hopefully shows that he does infact have quality .. even if he hasn't showed it yet
STH H3

davew

Bring back Seri or Anguissa!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

howitis

Simply not good enough - harsh but true.

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on November 10, 2019, 10:34:14 AM
Yesterday he was poor but honestly you can't be writing him off till he's had a few starts

The below video I made https://streamable.com/oi4vy hopefully shows that he does infact have quality .. even if he hasn't showed it yet
problem with that is that he doesn't warrant a start, and some would say even a place on the bench
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

LittleErn

Nice video Jolslover. Most of it when he was younger and more mobile. He clearly has an eye for a pass and can shoot but in his appearances for us so far he looks too bulky and a tad slow thinking. Its not clear what his best position is. He looks better with the ball in front of him where he can run into space and has time to settle on the ball. I'm not sure he fits our close passing game.

millsy

The guy clearly has ability and from the many short clips, he also has a trick or two, which would give us another option when trying to open teams up.

Problem is, he currently looks slow and lethargic and not sure we can afford to carry him while he settles in and finds his form.

Sting of the North

Quote from: howitis on November 10, 2019, 11:31:12 AM

It doesn't sound harsh to me, so much as it sounds uninformed and knee-jerky. But what do I know, maybe you have watched him closely even before he joined us, and as such are not basing your opinion on his very limited appearances in multiple positions for us.

This thread mostly says to me that quite a few people on here will always look for someone or something to complain about. Also love the conspiracy theorists ideas about how it is either a prestige project for Parker (so much that he rather loses a game than keep Onomah on the bench), or my personal favorite that the Khans are deciding who plays. Maybe someone's correct, but it sounds to me like very uneducated guesses at best.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 10, 2019, 12:51:40 PM

It doesn't sound harsh to me, so much as it sounds uninformed and knee-jerky. But what do I know, maybe you have watched him closely even before he joined us, and as such are not basing your opinion on his very limited appearances in multiple positions for us.

This thread mostly says to me that quite a few people on here will always look for someone or something to complain about. Also love the conspiracy theorists ideas about how it is either a prestige project for Parker (so much that he rather loses a game than keep Onomah on the bench), or my personal favorite that the Khans are deciding who plays. Maybe someone's correct, but it sounds to me like very uneducated guesses at best.

Hmmm uninformed for suggesting Onomah has shown much to warrant a spot in this team seems a stretch. I'm not writing the lad off but i'm far from convinced by his contributions thus far.

jarv

I read here he got 10 minutes. Anyone who has ever played, do you want to come in last 10 minutes (cold and wet!!)? Impossible to play well. When I played (90 at the back) I did not want the ball first 10 minutes. Still going through my warm up and barking orders for those in front of me (to protect me).   1500.gif

Statto

Quote from: jarv on November 10, 2019, 01:05:48 PM
I read here he got 10 minutes. Anyone who has ever played, do you want to come in last 10 minutes (cold and wet!!)? Impossible to play well. When I played (90 at the back) I did not want the ball first 10 minutes. Still going through my warm up and barking orders for those in front of me (to protect me).   1500.gif

Exactly

He's played a total of 120 minutes in the league, and not more than 25 minutes in any single game. Only start was the Boro game when he got taken after 20 minutes to allow Bettinelli to come on.

He's young, has the raw attributes to be a good player, and has already been an important part of a Championship team that made the play-offs (Villa in 17/18)

Absolute madness to write him off at this stage

He deserves his opportunities just like everyone else. Already Rodak, Reed and arguably Reid, and now maybe even Christie, have worked their way into our best XI, despite not being in anyone's best XI at the start of the season. Onomah could push someone like Johansen for a starting place if he got some form and confidence.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 10, 2019, 12:53:37 PM

Hmmm uninformed for suggesting Onomah has shown much to warrant a spot in this team seems a stretch. I'm not writing the lad off but i'm far from convinced by his contributions thus far.

No, not at all what I wrote. I meant uninformed as in lacking sufficient information for concluding he is simply not good enough (I.e. writing him off). As in the quoted post.

Nero

I think he one of those players where the game can be to easy for him and will just drift like ravel Morrison. Needs sitting down and saying you not made the grade at Tottenham you've not broken into the first team here so far you need to wake up before you end up as a journeyman player and get a grip of your talent and show at

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 10, 2019, 01:49:32 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 10, 2019, 12:53:37 PM

No, not at all what I wrote. I meant uninformed as in lacking sufficient information for concluding he is simply not good enough (I.e. writing him off). As in the quoted post.

Ok, I didn't take it that way when I read it. But fair enough.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: LittleErn on November 10, 2019, 12:39:20 PM
Nice video Jolslover. Most of it when he was younger and more mobile. He clearly has an eye for a pass and can shoot but in his appearances for us so far he looks too bulky and a tad slow thinking. Its not clear what his best position is. He looks better with the ball in front of him where he can run into space and has time to settle on the ball. I'm not sure he fits our close passing game.
Agreed. I'm holding out hope that he'll get better with time, but currently he looks like Anguissa after the 50th minute last season...the only difference is Josh looks nackered after 10 minutes. And Anguissa was much better on the ball than Josh.

But...he helped get the second goal so I'll cut him slack...again.

His effort levels need to double immediately though.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

RaySmith

I think he does try hard, and was indirectly involved in the first goal, as well as the second.
He did some good things, won the ball a few times, but also often  wasted possession.

Obviously Parker and the coaching staff see something in him, and I also see some positive signs, but can we afford to have him in the team while he  gets up to pace.

We  really need Arter back.

davew

No sign of improvement again, out of his depth!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Andyb

Hope reid is back soon

Baston White

I think he would struggle in the U23s. He should be no where near the first team.

filham

There were signs that he can be of nuisance value. His mistake on a goal scoring chance gave Mitro the opportunity to score his second goal,
Hard to see how he will start in our next match.

Nick Bateman

One cannot see why Fulham persist playing this 'lightweight' Spurs reject. If he was not deemed good enough by failed manager Pochettino then why is he in the centre of Fulham's midfield, showing little desire or workrate? I saw one instance where he ran into the back of an opponet on the wing, then continued to run into the player's back until eventually the referee awarded a foul. This is simply not good enough!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"